All reviews casa que canta pool suite the salt water pool waves crashing private dinner on the rocks beautiful hotel the cliff overlooking the bay public beach la ropa beach romantic getaway world class grand suite zihuatanejo bay lounge chairs shrimp
Reviewed 16 November 2017

My husband and I spent 5 nights at la Casa que Canta, and we absolutely loved it! It was a long journey from NYC, but worth it. We stayed in an ocean front suite with our own dipping pool which was beautifully and authentically decorated, very spacious, and comfortable. The service was top of the line, any thing we required or asked for they were happy to provide. The hotel has 2 pools, an infinity pool and a salt water pool. The staff was happy to provide is with cold water, and would frequently check on us while sitting by the pools. It was our first time at a Small Luxury Hotel and we definitely will be returning to others, but especially to La Casa que Canta.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sucre24
TereAR, Gerente at La Casa Que Canta, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2017

Dear Sucre24

It was very nice reading your comments and getting to know that your stay at “La Casa Que Canta” was very plesureable.
Thank you! See you soon.

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Be warned that they state no children allowed but we just had an unhappy dinner where a group of 8 including two small children were seated. Don't get me wrong. We stay in hotels and go to restaurants that are full of children, however one of the major factors in deciding to stay here is the adults only policy so that we can have a very relaxing time away from the office.

We have stayed at this hotel many times over the years, in some cases renting three rooms to accommodate other family members, and I have always enjoyed the peace and quiet. We love this place and its staff.

If you are determined to stay here, we would suggest you avoid weekends, holidays, and other busy times in order to reduce the chance of running into this problem.

This is kind of a difficult review to write, because we were in love with CQC. In fact we had staff show us Murmullo and El Sueno buildings for possible future rental.
But we just spent four days a Capella, which IS strictly NO children. The rooms are newer and the food is arguably a bit better at Capella, as well as the price.

If we stay at CQC again we would probably shorten up the number of day there.

Still give it 4 stars but it loses a star with us over this.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank clint5841
Ana F, Director General at La Casa Que Canta, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Dear clint5841

I apologize if our reception staff did not remind you that we always opened our restaurant “Mar y Cielo “ from 6 pm to outside customers even with underage children. This policy has been existing since 1992.
Although you were very upset by the presence of a table with children, we received other opinions stating that they behaved properly.
We are sad to witness your negative comments on line. However, we continue to be a sanctuary of peace as described by the great majority of our guests.

Respectfully,

Ana Maria Frias

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for 10 days. It was a beautiful setting with amazing staff.
All rooms have wonderful views.
I was on the top floor ! Every nite u fell asleep with the sounds of the waves crashing against the cliffs.
Also what was special : flower designs on the bed every nite. !
Some were animals . . A very talented lady omg. Thank you !!

Laura, Nadia, Viri, Irving and Teresa:
a memorable one. I miss you !!

I hope to visit again.
Kim.

Date of stay: October 2017
TereAR, Gerente at La Casa Que Canta, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Dear Kimbur23

It was very agreeable reading your comments in TripAdvisor and getting to know that your stay at “La Casa Que Canta” was memorable.
We will be happy hosting you once and again.

Teresa Arellano & Laura Ureña

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

This hotel sits atop the cliffs overlooking the Zhiautanejo ocean bay. Views are spectacular and our room was wonderful! Our own plunge pool overlooking the bay, hammock to relax in, loungers and a fabulous view. The food was amazing and the hotel staff were top notch! We will definitely be back.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Reagan B

Dear Reagan B

We thank you for sharing the beautiful comments you had at “La Casa Que Canta”.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

I am an avid reader of reviews on TripAdvisor. I was optimistic about our choice to stay at La Casa Que Canta, but was a little dubious due to all the rave reviews this hotel received. My skepticism was ill placed. My husband and I truly enjoyed every moment of our stay. Gorgeous surroundings combined with an extremely attentive and professional staff made this a incredible vacation.

After booking our room we received a questionnaire from the hotel inquiring about our preferences; such as special diet and bed/pillow firmness, as well as, if we were celebrating a special occasion. We also were able to book our transportation from the airport to the hotel.

When we arrived at the airport our taxi driver was waiting for us with a sign reading "La Casa Que Canta". At the end of the 15-minute ride we were greeted by staff in the hotel's driveway and shown to the front desk. The entry led to a spectacular covered open-air lobby with ambient sounds of breaking waves. As we walk toward the reception desk, we were welcomed by name and directed to the sofas in the lobby where we were offered a cold drink and towel to enjoy as we were checked in.

We were walked to our room which was one of the few with an elevator in the building. When the elevator doors opened, we stepped out into a covered open-aired foyer. It was pointed out that our plunge pool/balcony area was to the right and our room was to our left. My heart sank, I had assumed that there was more than one room per floor and that others would be exiting the elevator and walking past our balcony. I was wrong. Our elevator key was the key to our room and once we got off on our floor, it was all ours. Loved it! On the balcony was a welcome snack and tequila, perfect! Twice a day our mini-fridge was restocked with beer, soda, and water. Also, fresh fruit was left for us daily.

Our bedroom was a very nice size with shutter doors that open to the beautiful bay view. The bed was decorated each night with flowers, the bedside with fresh flowers-a very romantic touch. The bathroom was large and outfitted with a nice size closet, shelves, drawers, hangers, magnifying mirror, hair dryer, scale, repellent, soap, shampoo, and conditioner. The shower (no tub) was large with a rainfall shower head and shutters that opened to the bay view.

When in our room, we spent most of our time on the balcony. The photographs on the website are great but the real thing is amazing. Our balcony had a large plunge pool, 2 chaise lounges with a side table, table for two, and two built in sofas. Thunder and lightning storms rolled in most of the nights during our stay and the balcony was a wonderful spot to take them all in.

Our first night we had dinner at the restaurant. We were the only couple there. The service was wonderful! As we were getting ready to leave the table we were asked to sit back down and a desert with "Happy Anniversary" written in chocolate was brought to us. We ate most of our meals at the hotel as we had opted for the all-inclusive option. The food was very good as were the wine and cocktails. The view from the restaurant is beautiful, as are the views from anywhere on this property. We are not certain we would opt for the all-inclusive option again simply because we did not eat or drink enough to make it pay off.

The architect of this hotel is a genius! The terracing and set back of the different buildings provides each room with complete privacy, even from the hotel’s common areas. There are pairs of comfortable chaise lounge chairs on separate levels and in nooks and crannies all over the property. One day after swimming in the salt water pool, I found a spot down a little path with chaise lounges. I had a bottle of water and a book, listening to the waves hit the rocks, I was in heaven. Out of nowhere, I heard a voice asking me if I wanted something to drink. Sure enough I did and ordered a margarita. For me that was the defining moment of our stay; I realized that my husband and I were getting everything we wanted, before we knew we wanted it, without having to ask.

My husband and I did leave the property to venture into town and to La Ropa, the main beach. The walk to town is about 15 minutes and mostly along the ocean. The town itself is charming and we enjoyed eating at Bandidos. We did opt to take a cab back to the hotel as it is mostly uphill. Catching a cab is no problem, particularly if you head to the basketball court on the beach. The walk to La Ropa is about 5 minutes from the hotel and well worth it. Walking along the beach, taking a swim in the warm ocean water, and enjoying a cocktail before sunset is not to be missed.

When you read that this hotel exceeds expectations, believe it! My husband and I will most definitely be back for another stay at La Casa Que Canta.

Date of stay: September 2017
11  Thank BurkeAdams
TereAR, Gerente at La Casa Que Canta, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2017

Dear BurkeAdams

Thank you for have selected "La Casa Que Canta" to celebrate your Anniversary. It's wonderful to know that you enjoyed the hotel's personalized service, our pools, specialy the salt water pool, the food at our “Mar y Cielo” restaurant, as well as your room and all the details we offer.
Your appreciations give us the motivation to provide the best possible attention to our guests.

We will look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.