Villa del Sol Resort(Zihuatanejo)(Great Value!)
US$ 363
US$ 279
Official Website
Hotel Irma(Zihuatanejo)(Great Value!)
US$ 81
US$ 64
  • Breakfast included
Gamma de Fiesta Inn Plaza Ixtapa(Ixtapa)(Great Value!)
US$ 55
Emporio Ixtapa(Ixtapa)(Great Value!)
US$ 78
US$ 68
  • Breakfast included
Catalina Beach Resort(Zihuatanejo)(Great Value!)
US$ 81
US$ 63
US$ 177
US$ 158
  • Pool
Arena Suites(Zihuatanejo)(Great Value!)
US$ 78
US$ 68
Canto del Mar Hotel & Villas(Zihuatanejo)(Great Value!)
US$ 57
US$ 55
Agoda.com
All reviewsplaya la ropalaokitchenettesuitesunsettaxis
Reviewed 18 December 2016

We recently returned from a wonderful 3 week stay at Hotel Villas Las Azucenas. This was our fifth time staying with them and each time we return there we are amazed at all the additions and updates Lao and his wife have made. In addition to the roof top restaurant there is a new wing of comfortable suites, all with fully equipped kitchenettes, balcony patio with dipping pools and nice big bedrooms. Lao and Azucenas and their staff are all so helpful and accommodating. It really feels like we are coming home to visit family when we arrive here. This trip we were treated to a private tasting of the new chefs signature dishes at the restaurant with Lao and Azucenas. What a gorgeous evening....Beautiful view, great food and wine and good friends. A visit to the restaurant is a must if you are there during high season. The location of Las Azucenas is perfect.....you are steps away from La Ropa beach and taxis and buses are just up the road. We are anxious to return!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Karen P
Reviewed 16 December 2016

New chef,young,21 from Zih. This was his first week as chef at Villas Las Azucenas.
Still using the old menu,which was heavy on fish. Talked with the waiter and he said he was working up his new menu. We lucked out the night we were there. The chef sent out a appetizer,eggplant and tom,and salad with apples and nuts...On The House because he wanted some feedback on dishes for his new menu..both were great. I had the arrechero, thick,tender,delicious marinade and grilled perfectly. Came with a baked pot and a mixed assortment of button veggies. Husband had the chile relleno that was suppose to be stuffed with veggies but he asked for and got the more traditional variety stuffed with cheese. Dining on the forth floor open air dining room. No elevator so be prepared for a climb. Beautiful views.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2016 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights to end our trip. We like to check out several different hotels when we visit Ziihua, to try and find that hidden gem, this was not it. I booked it based on other trip advisor comments, good beds, clean etc. I would have to disagree, we were put in a nice suite above the pool and after the first night asked to be moved as it was quite noisy, not there fault. The room we moved to and the suite we came from were musty and minimally cleaned. The beds were king size but that was it, not as comfortable as described. I know, it's Mexico and finding a decent bed is hard, just like their mattress.
We have stayed at 5 different locations at Zihautanejo over our last 2 visits and this was by far the most disappointing. Yes Edgar is a nice guy and helped us out, yes it is a good location but I would recommend staying at other hotels on Playa la Ropa for the same dollar value.
We did not try the restaurant as it look very interesting.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2016

The restaurant on the top floor of the Las Azucenas Hotel,called Amelia Sophia, is superb. The food is sensational, the view beautiful, the service outstanding.Tthis is my second year eating in this fabulous restaurant and I ate there many times this past winter.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 March 2016 via mobile

If you stay here, make sure you get one of the nicer suites. We had a breakfast suite and it was very musty smelling when we got there. It took a long time to air it out. The bed was horrible with a plastic mat under the sheet. I felt like I was sleeping on a crib mattress. It just wasn't comfortable. The grounds are kept very clean with a friendly staff. Edgar is by far the most well renowned employee they have. Very few English speaking people compared to most places around here. We did however talk with guests that had some of the nicer rooms and they seemed to be very happy with them. Fresh towels for showering would have been nice. 4 days we were there, and I used the same bath/hand towels the whole time. They get nasty after a while. Would I stay here again? Probably not.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple