I had a wonderful experience at the Sun & Moon. Let me first say that the staff was incredible! Warm, kind and inviting. Carlos and the ladies at the front desk were most helpful, we were greatly accommodated by all members from management to the cleaning service. (Special thanks to Carlos and Oswaldo the "pool fairy" who worked so hard in the early hours everyday to magically refresh, replenish and clean all the floors, pools, grounds and cooking stations.) By the end of the week we felt like family, that was the best part. They all work so hard to maintain such an exceptionally clean villa-like atmosphere. The pool looks out over the ocean with stairs close by that lead down to the water in seconds. Plenty of restaurants and mini-marts close by, but I highly recommend shopping at the local market in town to really get the flavor of Mexico, just a short stroll on the ocean -side board walk. This is a great place to take the whole family, we plan on returning next year and holding a mini family reunion there. ( If you wanna be close but not too close- noo problem, put the inlaws on the third floor... close enough for dinner but far enough to have your own space) I feel the need to mention how truly safe I felt, how warm, friendly and inviting the locals were, (don't believe the hype on television.) Our last week in Mexico, it was just the two of us (females) and we strolled in town late into the evening enjoying the local events and music with no worries nightly. (I felt safer in Mexico than in Portland, Oregon at night. FACT.) I'm taking the time to write this review because too often people are quick to complain but rarely go out of there way to compliment exceptional service and that's truly how I feel - My experience was exceptional! I was so very pleased and look forward to returning. My name is Angelina and I would will be happy to share my experience along with photos (soon to follow) As for the bad review regarding the hot water issue- thank goodness I didn't let that sway my decision... (what a rock head, all they had to do was let it run for a minute and it gets hot, water pipes work the same all over the world.) It's not the Hyatt Regency but surely the best value by far with simple but very clean rooms with nice linens, comfortable beds and all amenities to induce a quant home away from home feeling. I'm extremely pleased with my visit, my sincerest gratitude to the staff and I look forward to my return.
Best regards and happy travels,
Angelina - The Rainbow Room #3
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to your house on the beach!Hotel Casa Sun and Moon is located over La Madera beach is the center of Zihuatanejo bay. We are an easy 10 minute walk to the central village of Zihuatanejo or an equal distance in the opposite direction to nearby La Ropa beach.Several restaurants and bars are close by to stroll to or order in, as you wish. Highly regarded, Hotel Casa Sun and Moon is Mexican colonial in architecture. It is situated on a breathtaking cliff over the beach. Quiet and private, we have a lovely cliff side swimming pool in a tropical garden setting. A friendly, family atmosphere exudes in this three level hotel setting with wide terraces and expansive views of the bay and mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Casa Sun & Moon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Sun & Moon Hotel Zihuatanejo
- Casa Sun And Moon
- Casa Sun Moon Zihuatanejo