“A Comfort to Know Someone Gets It”
Review of La Sirena Reina

La Sirena Reina
Ranked #11 of 122 Shopping in Puerto Vallarta
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: La Sirena Reina - the quality and service continue! Robina Oliver previously ran and operated Curvas Peligrosas since October 2007 - it quickly became THE place in Puerto Vallarta Bay Area to buy a quality name brand women's swimsuit in ALL SIZES. La Sirena Reina carries US sizes 8 to 16 and 16W to 26W. Tankinis, Underwire bikinis in D cup and larger, tanks, swimdresses, separates, board shorts, coverups, and more. All quality imported products that will last longer than your vacation. Some of the brands you will find are Longitude, Jantzen, Maxine, Delta Burke, Christina, and so many more! Check the website for hours, and come on and get suited up !
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have shopped in both iterations of this owner's store, and accompanied many many friends on their swimsuit buying "adventures". For all of us, buying a swimsuit that doesn't make us feel like an ugly sausage casing has always been a struggle. Not so in Robina's shop. She has a knack for knowing what will compliment a body type and will often make suggestions, but is not pushy or in-your-face about it. In my case her suggestions were far better options than what I picked myself.

I have known and met the owner off and on for years in social situations and had heard from other friends for years how good their experiences were at her shop, so finally went in to buy something. On my last trip I needed a simple one-piece suit to wear under hiking gear for a hike and beach excursion with friends, and I tend to pack and favour swim dresses as they suit my body shape. She recommended a Miracle Suit in black with a subtle cross body multi colour ruching, and boy was it a miracle. Took ten years and ten pounds off as soon as I put it on. I almost cried I was so happy, after years of frustrating misfires in store after store with Size 1 store clerks-slash-models who don't understand the struggles women with curves have in finding nice suits.

Thank you La Sirena Reina. You saved my not so small behind!

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"adventure"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

After a frustrating attempt to find the store we returned to our hotel only to try again several days later.
I was very disappointed. The shop is very narrow hot and full of women all looking out for only themselves. No where to sit down and apparently I was in everyone’s way not matter where I stood!
Very conservative selection in my size!
I’m “ plus size” aka Fat but that doesn’t mean I dress drab. I don’t like prints and I refuse to wear anything that resembles a swim dress. Seems that was the only thing available in my size. Of course there were cute tops and bottoms in the “ regular” sizes.
I wanted to find a sleek high cut Black swimsuit that would accentuate my “ curves” something different from the Speedo I usually wear.
I saw two possible suits but not in my size ...the young woman working there was not interested in helping me and when I asked about my size was curtly told it wasn’t available.
I ended up buying a blah pair of black swim shorts and a printed tank not at all happy with it think I bought them just to say I bought something.
I will say the price for the two items was great and I paid cash so there was an extra discount.
Ironically I am back home and now have to search online for the swim suit I want and resign myself to pay the exorbitant price.

La Reina Sirena P, Owner at La Sirena Reina, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

I am sorry we didn’t live up to your expectations, and you left disappointed.
Places can be difficult to find in Mexico as the street signs are not the same as north of the border.
There is a google map link on both the Facebook page and website. I am always happy to promptly respond to any requests by email, phone or messenger on how to find us.

Because we are a popular boutique sometimes it does get very busy in high season, as we have many happy repeat customers. As the space is small, there is not a seating area, except for in the spacious and well-ventilated dressing rooms – keeping the dressing rooms cool for trying on suits is paramount. There is also a ‘husband’ bench outside. To put seating in the front area, would mean removing a large percentage of the styles we carry, making the selection even smaller. The goal is to show as many styles and sizes as possible, given the temporary limitations of the shop space. Next season we will be in a larger space to better show all our styles.

Since we carry sizes from 8 to 24, the availability is based on a ‘bell curve’ of sorts. Many selections in sizes 12 to 20, and fewer in sizes 8 & 10, and sizes 22 & 24. Most manufacturers specialize in either smaller (Missy) sizes, or larger (Women’s) sizes – very few make the same styles in both size ranges.
After eleven years in business we have found that 99% percent of our clients don’t want a high cut leg, or halter style tops. A small percentage request solid color suits, so the selection reflects that input.
There are many styles of all sizes, but we have also learned we can’t be all things to all people. We always regret when we cannot help every woman find exactly what she may have envisioned...we do find most of our clients come back repeatedly and are very happy with their purchase.
Often when someone comes in with a specific suit in mind, that has not visited before, and isn’t familiar with our styles, we won’t be able to fulfill that desire.
I hope you enjoyed your time in Puerto Vallarta, and you found your perfect swimsuit, even if it was not at La Sirena Reina.

Reviewed 26 January 2018

Owner Robina actually makes trying on and buying bathing suits a painless adventure. If you want a good quality bathing suit at a reasonable price from someone who personally picked out and knows the stock, this is the place to go.

Thank Elena M.
La Reina Sirena P, Owner at La Sirena Reina, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2018

Thank you, Elena!
It actually can be a fun experience.
:o)

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

Ladies you MUST stop here. For the past 8 years I have STOCKED up here on swimsuits, coverups etc. The owner has a great selection of best brands and can fit ALL body types, I promise! She is a lovely person who knows her business. One block off the Malecon. If you shop for nothing else in PV, don’t miss this store!

La Reina Sirena P, Owner at La Sirena Reina, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

Thank you so much !!
I only hope I can live up to everyone's expectations.
:o)

See more reviews
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

So my wife, as most women are, is self conscious of her body and what she sees as flaws. Well she's in her 60's and to me as gorgeous as the day we met. Robina, the owner, has an amazing talent of helping woman cover those flaws, and once again feel sexy. Her selection of bathing suits is amazing for such a small place. There aren't dozens of sales people whose only goal is to empty your wallet. This fantastic woman gets to know her customers and spends time one on one getting to know who you are and what you like. My wife came out of there with a new bathing suit that made her not only look amazing but feel amazing. You rarely find such personal service in this world. Robina you are a sweet heart. Thanks for helping my wife look and feel good and for truly understanding human nature and all of it's insecurities. Bravo girl.

4  Thank Bea M
La Reina Sirena P, Owner at La Sirena Reina, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Thank you so much !
That truly is my goal - to make every woman feel and look her best in her new favorite swimsuit.
You made my day!