“5 Star Plus”

Hacienda Alemana
Edmonton, Canada
“5 Star Plus”
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I had the extreme pleasure of staying in February 2012 at this most beautiful hotel. I have stayed in many parts of the world in many different hotels (5 star hotels) but the Hacienda Alemana is one well worth the accolades that many have bestoyed upon it. It has all the makings of a world class boutique hotel. The ambiance of the restaurant (which has absolutely fantastic food), the staff (who are so accommodating and professional in their demeanor), the cleanliness of the hotel rooms and site are all encompassing. You have to see it as the pictures just do not do this beautiful hotel justice. This hotel has everything that you would want to make your stay in PV a delightful and elegant home away from home. Mike, Irma, Tatiana and Oliver were simply the best!

Room Tip: I stayed in the Dahlia Room and I loved it. It is so modern, quiet and clean. I loved the bathroom...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 24 February 2012

A guest on holiday is intent on pleasure and Hacienda Alemana provides those very pleasures. As soon we arrived, we simply fell in love again (not our first time at Hacienda Alemana). As we relaxed on the patio, with all of our senses delighted – gazing at the spilling scarlet bougainvillea and greenery that drapes the hacienda, the sun that radiates and touches and warms our shoulders...so many guilty pleasures await.

The hotel is centrally located and offers guests a safe haven. The upper patio offers expansive view of Old Town and the hills of Puerto Vallarta and lends the best opportunity for viewing the spectacular PV sunsets. The rooms are fantastic, enjoy the wonderful and expansive showers - a true spa like experience. The food is spectacular - make sure and reserve a table for the German buffet night. The large wooden door between the restaurant and hotel leads you to this secret and magical place.

These intense joys frame the deeper pleasures of life in Mexico…a life we yearn for.

The owners, Mike Irma and family were most generous in both their time and spirit. They are the quintessential hosts. That's the beauty of Hacienda Alemana and why we recommend it to anyone who wants a special experience in visiting one of Puerto Vallarta glorious "hidden" treasures. Our stay was food for the soul.

Special note: Make sure to schedule a tour with Tatiana (Mike and Irma's daughter) she is an absolute delight and so well versed in the culture and history.

Thanks to all the staff at the Hacienda Alemana (special thanks to Julian for his great service and warm spirit. As well, special thanks to Estella for all that she did to make our room exceptionally clean and comfortable!)

Mike, Irma and family - thank you so much for another wonderful holiday experience! I hope to see you soon!

Kim and family

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Hudson, Wisconsin
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I recently returned from a trip to PV. My partner and I have stayed in PV before so we know the layout. We wanted to stay in the Basilio Badillo area. We had a wonderful stay here.
The rooms were beautiful. I don't think the photos do the rooms justice. The hallways, stairs, pool, dining and courtyard areas are all beautiful as well. Everything is very clean. The overall vibe is very romantic with candles lit at night even in our hallway with only two rooms. The are beautiful plants and vines all over.
I see why everyone seems to mention Mike, Irma and Tatiana in their reviews. I felt well cared for and about on the trip. The other staff members seem so happy and welcoming that I think this family must be good employers.
I shared a birthday with Irma which was during the trip. I felt like a kid again-every staff member seemed to know and really helped make my day special. Irma and I shared mimosas at breakfast and there were beautiful flowers in my room in the afternoon.
Overall everything was great. I would go back in a heartbeat.

Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Kansas City
Reviewed 14 February 2012

I travel to Puerto Vallarta with my significant other every year. This was our first time staying at Hacienda Alemana. Perfect place to stay! Hacienda Alemana is a contemporary boutique hotel with all of the amenities one would expect at a boutique hotel, but with a delivery more typical of a B&B. Clean, spacious and climate controlled rooms; delicious complimentary breakfast in their German restaurant; etremely friendly, engaging and helpful proprietors; beautiful pool; great location in the Zona Romantica--I cannot say enough great things. We will definitely stay here again!
Clint Frazee, Kansas City, MO

Room Tip: Gardenia and Dalia room on the upper floors--beautiful rooms!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Courtenay, BC
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Our first visit to Hacienda Alemana was beyond all expectations: Quiet rooms (German Windows), lovely designed, arranged around a little pool with plenty of plants, protected by high walls from the lively Old Town. Excellent food from breakfast to dinner, perfect service and all this topped by the most charming and helpful hosts I ever met around the world. Irma, Mike and Tatiana made our 3 weeks Mexico trip to a story of success.
Thank you again!