“A week in paradise”

Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta
Ranked #12 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 24 April 2012

The hotel is a 7 peso bus ride south of the Malecon in Puerto Vallarta. (or a 60 peso cab ride). We used the bus as it was a fun way into town. We availed ourselves of several offered tourist trips, snorkeling, zip lining/rappelling and a tour of tequila distilleries which included a visit to the botanical gardens. The weather was pleasant without being a scorcher and the residents both in a out of the hotel were very friendly. The nightly entertainment in the hotel was excellent with a change nightly to keep your interest. While both an adult and children facility, the offered children's club keep them busy and out of the view of those that would object. As an all inclusive, no added expenses with exception of the spa or those we chose to incur were felt.

Room Tip: Visit adventure tours for a great time while in PV. They offer preferred suites for an additional co...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

On April 7, 2012 my fiancé and I headed to DREAMS Puerto Vallarta with 40 of our closest friends and family for our upcoming wedding. After the 40 minute bus ride from the airport we were greeted with cool towels and a glass of champaign. Check in was a breeze. Our rooms were, for the most part, ready for us. My fiancé and I had been to this resort in April 2008 and so we knew what we were getting into – but I couldn’t have been happier with how thrilled our group was with the resort as well. And we had a lot of first time travelers!
I cannot say enough wonderful things about ELEANE JOYA. She was our wedding planner who I had been emailing back and forth with for the past year. She is amazing – and she made our wedding day everything I could have imagined! She handled everything and I felt so stress free! Our room had rose petals all over on our wedding night and all week we had a cool banner on our door “HONEYMOON”. Loved it! Let me know if you want more wedding details.
My group also enjoyed BERNARD (Bernie as we called him) from the tiki bar over by the Seaside Grill. He kept the drinks flowing and he gave us amazing service… even when he had to put up with us night after night!
The Spa was amazing for my wedding day. BLANCA did an amazing manicure for me and GRISELDA did my hair and make-up – and trust me, I was a bit nervous… but WOW did she do a wonderful job. THANK YOU SO MUCH! I took pictures and she made my hair almost exact. Go for the fake eyelashes too!
This resort is incredible. If you haven’t been, you must! I have been there twice now, once with my man and once with a group and both times were amazing. I will be going back there again for sure! There are two other adult pools if you happen to get tired of listening to groups like mine by the swim up bar. The waves are great for boogie boarding. You won’t have a bad meal. All restaurants are ocean view. Every room is ocean view! Make sure and order room service, it’s incredible! Stop by the CoCo Café for a quick snack on you’re way up to your room… try the carrot cake! Elevators are always quick! There are plenty of themed evenings that are set up for dinner out on the beach… which I thought was amazing, why would you want to be outside when you can be on the beach?! Plus every night there is a movie on the beach for the kids! And if you’re planning a wedding… I can’t say enough about this place. The sunsets? Breathtaking.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Clean, well ran and a great value. The service staff is so accommodating and the location could not be better. Even though we stayed there during Easter Sunday, you could not notice the holiday weekend since the activities were well orchestrated and the location of the hotel is so secluded from the main hustle and bustle. Beautiful beach and views.

Room Tip: Get a room away from an elevator.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Let me start by saying this is my 3rd year in a row coming with my wife. Every year we look at different resorts however feel like we would be disappointed if it wasn't to dreams standards so we alway go back and it keeps on getting better and better.

The resort is beautiful and is very private. The hospitality is second to none. Everyone who works at the resort goes out of their way to make everyone feel like they are at home. The staff is excellent.

Finally, the food and restaurants are to die for. Our favorites are Portofino, Sea side Grill, and Oceana. The food is high quality and the portions are good sizes.

Next year we are going to bring our entire family to enjoy this great resort.

Room Tip: higher the better
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Went in spring, and it was our second choice. As it turned out ,it was the best choice. The food was very good, the drinks were great, and the service was fantastic. Loved our private beach,and location. The rooms overlook the ocean, and sunsets were spectacular. As a bonus, it is located a short taxi ride from Puerto Vallarta, and Mismolaya, great for snorkelling and diving.
Will be back.