“Breathtaking!!!”
other travellers have booked this property
Living Room Kitchen
Terrace view
Banderas Bay view
Pool-ocean view
Pool and Sun
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Marissa S
Florence, South Carolina
“Breathtaking!!!”
Reviewed 3 July 2016 for a stay in May 2016

This condo is truly amazing! I don't know where to begin to describe it. There is no way I would ever consider staying at a resort after staying here. My boyfriend and I visited Puerto Vallarta with another couple and this condo was plenty of room. With the bedrooms situated on opposite sides of the condo both couples had all the privacy needed...when needed. We spent most of our time outside on the balcony that spans the entire condo. There are lots of plants which really give it the feeling of paradise. It's so beautiful I was really tempted just to stay inside! Don has a great selection of music and books that we were welcome to and the speaker system throughout the condo was awesome. It is on a steep hill but the funicular is always available and a neat little ride! And there are about 3 flight of steps to go up after you reach the top so I advise packing light. All those steps are so worth it when you open the doors to Casa Divisadero! We are already planning to return next year and I've recommended this condo and Puerto Vallarta as a wonderful vacation to friends. Thanks bunches Don!!!

4 Jul 2016
That's pretty sweet. Look forward to your return Sharee
Sharee W
“A-Freaking-Mazing!!!”
Reviewed 23 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016

This place was too amazing for words. I will try to do it justice with my review, but I'm sure I can't. I traveled to Puerto Vallarta with my boyfriend, and another couple. This was the 1st time any of us traveled to Mexico and the 1st time we booked a rental via TripAdvisor. From the beginning, Don was outstanding. He answered all our questions (and I know I had a lot of questions). He supplied the contact information of someone to grocery shop for us. He gave great directions on catching a cab from the airport. And he made suggestions on activities and places to go. The location is away from the resorts and about a 10 min walk to town and less to the beach. There was never any real issue getting a taxi. And the cab ride anywhere (except the airport) was only 50 pesos.
The condo is spectacular. The pics on the description are wonderful but seeing it in person is even better. It is plenty big for 2 couples to have complete privacy. The entire place is stocked with what you need. We were unsure about the water situation so we had bottles delivered, but there is a tank in the kitchen that can be replaced during your stay. I also didn't know about towels but there are plenty (beach towels as well). The pool is right next to the condo and while it's not a private pool, we only saw other people there on the last day so it felt like a private pool. There is no AC but with the fans and the windows open you don't even notice. The patio with the view is so amazing. There are a lot of plants everywhere so you feel like you're in paradise when sitting out there. We actually spent more time outside on the balcony than inside the condo.
There is a funicular to get up to the condo from the main street. After that, there was about 2.5 flights of stairs to climb. Just be aware of that if you have heavy bags. There is a driveway that will put you right at the stairway to enter the condo, but it's very steep and we couldn't figure out how to tell the cab drivers to take that driveway to get us there. But we never had to wait for the funicular, no matter the time.
We were all very happy with our stay and are already planning on coming back next year. After staying here I can't see myself staying in another resort/hotel.
It's a must. I highly recommend booking this place if you are looking in the area. I've already recommended it to friends.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The owner was so helpful.
Liked least: I loved it all.
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Large groups
24 May 2016
Thanks Sharee. Look forward to your next visit. Putting air in both bedrooms so next visit you may freeze!
TheresaMc
San Diego, CA
“Fabulous place to live in PV!”
Reviewed 21 May 2016 for a stay in January 2016

We went to actually live in our second home, PV. This place has everything you'd want in a home, and more! Both bedrooms are luxurious, with en suites you can enjoy as if in a spa. The kitchen is fully equipped and a joy to cook in. The living areas are spacious and the music system (throughout the home) is great (just turn it down at night so you can sleep to the surf sound from below). And the VIEW! 180 degrees and then some. Every day you marvel at how fortunate you are to be spending your time, here. As a super-plus, the owner and management are terrific and responsive.

It's on a hill, so bring walking shoes, or just use the convenient funicular that takes you to the road (where taxis pass every few minutes). If you walk, it's just a ten-minute stroll into the Old Town, 20 minutes into downtown.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
21 May 2016
Thanks again Theresa. See you again next year.
MAGaudrea...
Ottawa, Canada
“Amazing”
Reviewed 19 October 2015 for a stay in February 2015

Don,
Thank you for renting your amazing apartment. The pictures do not do justice by far. Your place is amazing. Service wonderful. Cannot ask for a better vacation. Thank you and cannot wait to go back.
MA

Liked best: Everything
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
20 Oct 2015
Glad to hear from you. Christmas is still open!
Misstalul...
Essington, Pennsylvania
“Even more Beautiful than the pictures”
Reviewed 14 September 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

I traveled to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico in August 2015 (the Rainy Season) and stayed at this property for 5 days. My husband and I traveled with another couple and this condo couldn't have been more perfect for privacy. The open feel of the condo coupled with the views will take your breath away. This was my first time staying at a vacation rental instead of a resort and I must admit that the "fear of the unknown" was a little unnerving at first. After the first night, I was able to relax and enjoy all that this place had to offer. The condo is HUGE and has varies living spaces (indoor and out) for any guest to enjoy. My favorite was the overhead rain shower in the master bedroom surrounded by the stained glass windows and array of live plants; it was like showering in your own little paradise.
The condo is a short walk down the hill to town or a short cab ride (approx 65 pesos). If I had to say the only drawback was that the unit is not air conditioned. We did stay in one of the hottest months (Aug) and the fans (ceiling and floor) made it cool at night, but during the day the heat was brutal. I would recommend this rental to anyone; the owner is very responsive and accommodating. What a great first experience with a rental! Thanks Don

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The space, the location, the fine and classy decorations, the patio
Liked least: There was a sour smell coming from the toilet in the master bathroom and in the washer. There also was no air conditioning
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Large groups
15 Sep 2015
I am glad it was a good experience for you. I will be down soon & check the smell issue in bath rooms. Maybe air conditioning will go in next year ( electricity is crazy expensive so rates change so there is a trade off. I too survive well with the fans.
Don
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing