“wonderful ice cream that is overpriced”
Review of Lix

Lix
Ranked #1 of 21 Dessert in Puerto Vallarta
Description: Handmade luxury artisan ice cream & frozen filled bananas smothered with belgian chocolate, made in small fresh batches each week. The best quality ingredients are used, including our belgian chocolate from our other shop, Xocodiva.
Reviewed 11 November 2017

Lix has an interesting array of flavors, and I was a regular here. This season, 2017, they raised their prices to be similar to what we would pay in Canada for this specialty kind of ice cream (75 pesos for two scoops), but the cost of contents, labour and rent are so much cheaper here. I find the price to be a form of gouging, so I go instead to a place on the Malecon that serves an interesting choice of gelato. It is just as good, some may say better, but I don't feel I'm being gouged.

todd a, Owner at Lix, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2017

Dario,

We appreciate the feed back but the prices were raised for the first time in four years. The cost to produce ice cream is more here, especially for artisan ice cream. The rents, utilities and wages have been going up every year so in order to keep our business open we have to raise prices. Everyone assumes everything is cheaper here in PV but that is not the reality. To get quality it costs a little more.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

Not alot of choices but what they have is scrumptious. Cups and cones abound and the line can get a little tight at times. Salted Caramel is the BEST

todd a, Owner at Lix, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Thanks for the feedback. We are trying to add more flavors but the space is limited

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Super creamy ice cream with fantastic flavors. The shop is small and offers limited seating out front, but don't let that stop you from popping in. One scoop ran about $35 peso and is served either in a cup or a sugar cone. They offer free samples to help you decide. The types of ice cream offered changes but I would recommend the peanut butter or mocha fudge. Soooo good! They are open until 11 which makes for a perfect late night snack.

todd a, Owner at Lix, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2018

We appreciate the review and glad you enjoyed. I love the peanut butter ice cream too. But I think I love them all.

Todd

Reviewed 5 August 2017

Great place to cool off after some spicy tacos. Great ice cream spot with couches outside. Also have some really good frozen banana's.

todd a, Owner at Lix, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

So glad you enjoyed the ice cream and bananas. We take a lot of pride in our products and are glad when others appreciate the effort. Thanks for coming in and we look forward to seeing you there again.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

YUM! We found this little gem while wandering around PV on our way to dinner. Stuffed as we were, there's always room for ice cream!

The tiny shop, painted in deep pink, is conveniently located just off the Malecon Boardwalk. There's no seating inside, but a few outside. Great for people watching.

MENU:
Ice cream cones and bowls in about 12 different flavors, milk shakes, frozen banana, sundaes, banana split.

DESSERT:
Ice Cream Cone - Despite not being a fan of sugar cones, theirs was really good, kind of a mix between sugar and a regular. I opted for 2 scoops, chocolate and vanilla, which cost just over $4. The flavors were really smooth, creamy, and not overly sweet. As a previous reviewer stated, the ice cream is almost like the consistency of gelato, but is simply regular ice cream. The chocolate was super dark in color, the vanilla very yellow. I'm not sure which flavor it was, but one of them had bits of nuts mixed in, so a warning to those with allergies. I want to go back for more, so if I do, I'll be sure to accurately update the nut thing.

*Update: Went back for more, had the same order, but didn't taste any nuts this time. Who knows, lol.

SERVICE:
The 2 workers were friendly and provided quick service despite the volume of patrons.

OVERALL:
Excellent flavor and consistency.

todd a, Owner at Lix, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Thanks for stopping in and sorry for the delay in response. We are the new owners and just got access to this site. Glad you enjoyed and see you in the future.