19 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
travelup.com
Agoda.com$349
Lol.travel$294
Hilton
5,769 results
All reviews sushi bar french restaurant hacienda pool la catrina le delice seafire restaurant diamond members specialty restaurants lobby bar rooftop pool partial ocean view junior suite adult only pool close to the airport dinner reservations kids club the wait staff
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 October 2018

Nothing Stays the Same...nor should it..... But nothing that used to make this place special still does. It causes me pain to write this review, but this place is no longer anything close to what it used to be.

New GM, totally different feel about the place, we along with another couple that has visited every October 5 years in a row said the same thing to us. Really felt like they dropped the rates to try and fill up the hotel, with the new Hacienda addition.

Crazy number of kids. We have stayed here 5 times before with a total of 32 nights now at this hotel. We saw more kids on Saturday in the main pool, than we have seen kids at the hotel in all of our other stays combined. Kids are fine, but the age and what we witnessed while eating breakfast made us never want to go in the pool again.

While eating breakfast at Seafire, we witnessed a mom take a dirty diaper off of her kid, hand the naked kid to the dad, and him dunk the kid in the pool to clean their child off, then give him back to the mom, where she put a new diaper on. Staff around the pool did nothing. Very gross, and disgusting.

The hotel missed out on all of the little things.
No recognition of being a Diamond Member, except the green wristbands.

2 Elevators were not working during our stay, one going up to the O'West lounge, and one from the bridge in the Hacienda area, this made it very difficult for my wife's mother to get around.

We were celebrating our 4th wedding anniversary during the stay. We got Married at this hotel (one of the first weddings, and it was the first full wedding at this hotel). We have stayed at this hotel for 4 or 5 nights every year since we got married, and always had a little something in our room on our Anniversary. Nothing this year. (Usually some rose pedals, or chocolates with happy anniversary written on a plate).

No upgrades, in fact we booked 2 rooms for this trip, one for ourselves, one for my wife's mother and nephew. One room was supposed to be Ocean View King, the 2nd room was booked late, and was supposed to be 2 beds Hacienda. Ended up with 2 Hacienda rooms with king beds. The view was terrible, not even what you could consider a garden view. So I would say we got downgraded. Again I am and Have been Diamond with Hilton every year for the past 10 years or more.

The room on the 3rd floor was nice inside, the room on the 2nd floor had terrible humidity issue and mold already growing on the ceiling.

Staff was friendly, but not enough to keep up. We struggled to find staff to take a drink order, or food order by the pool in the Hacienda area multiple times. After ordering some food on Saturday it took over 50 minutes to get the chicken wings, guacamole, and nachos. The people next to us waited over an hour for a pizza.

Value, don't redeem points here. Don't book directly. People booked suites with air on Delta for $10 per person more than we booked our flights alone. The point value on the 2nd room I booked would have equated to many hotels that are $400-$500/night. So AVOID using Hilton HONORS Points here at all cost. Book a air/flight package, as we heard from a couple that flew in for 2 people $1300 in an Ocean Front Suite for 4 nights.

The staff was friendly everywhere in the hotel. However with the new GM the marketing methods have really changed from being an finer hotel, preferring to get higher prices and maybe not fill the hotel in the low season, to packing the place by giving away the farm.

Sunday (final day) Brunch/Breakfast was always done up fancy. Carving stations, Tacos Al Pastor, etc.... This is no more.

It's so complicated to get from the Hacienda section to the original part of the hotel, requiring steps, and a long ugly walk, or exiting the resort, and re-entering another way.

In summary:
Terrible Value using Hilton Honors Points
Broken Elevators
Broken Coffee Machine in Coffee Shop
Mold on Ceiling
No recognition of Diamond Status
Upgrades (really didn't get either room we booked)
No recognition of our Anniversary, staff we told about it was like, "oh".
Too many kids
Washing Poop off a baby in the pool was ok by the staff watching it, as they didn't intervene.

The bar was set pretty high before, and this visit missed on all of the things we liked.

We are coming back the end of November, but not staying here.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
8  Thank mspreh
AlmaV341, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2018

Dear Mspreh,
I would like to personally thank you for the time to share your impressions following your experience at The Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort.

I sincerely regret that your experience at our Hotel was disappointing. Please be assured that your comments regarding the quality of the have been shared with the concerned teams, as we are consistently working on the quality of services we provide, and striving above all for customer’s satisfaction.

We sincerely hope of having the pleasure to welcome you again at The Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort

Reviewed 17 October 2018

Potential for 5 stars but unfortunately a big disappointment:Room was dirty upon arrival2 open cans from previous guests in the fridgeMold on soup and mold on furnitureAir condition did not workReception did not answer the phoneInternet code was expiredClaims were useless because they were not fixedOther than that:Nice poolsBeach is beautifulNice and friendly restaurant staff

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Martin T,

I sincerely regret that your experience at our Hotel was disappointing. Please be assured that your comments regarding to the room. have been shared with the concerned teams, as we are consistently working on the quality of services we provide, and striving above all for customer’s satisfaction.

Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

Terrible from the start. I arrived at 1530 and when I checked in I was told my room will not be ready for a few hours. I saw many people check in after me and get a room, but for some reason mine was not ready? I was told to wait in the lobby and waited until 1930 until my room was ready. The front desk tells you the restaurants that are available but doesn’t explain where they are. Also, only one is open during the day and it’s in the family side which is not mentioned before booking.

Once I arrived in my room there was nothing in the mini bar, no towels, safe, nothing was there. I called and got my towels and safe the next morning at 830 after the 3rd time I asked. The bathroom fan made a terrible racket, the bathroom smelled like urine the entire time and toilet always backed up even not using it. They were doing construction very early and in the weekends in rooms all around and making a lot of noise.

I stayed 3 nights and asked a total of 10 times for my mini bar to be stocked and no one ever came. I had laundry done and was told it’s back the same same. I barely got it back before leaving and they had it nearly 3 days.

I stared in the adult side specifically to avoid crying and what associated with that and saw kids on the adult side everyday.

The food was maybe 6-7/10 but the selection wasn’t the best. I’m not picky by any means but not much to choose from. Some waiters are good at bringing drinks and some you will be finished with your meal before you get a drink. When ordering drinks they make them great and they are fast, that’s the only perk.

This hotel stay was easily the worst experience I’ve ever been at in over 30 years of traveling. I never plan on staying in a hotel when vacationing but you should never get the feeling of being down when you are at your hotel. It’s as if the entire staff doesn’t care and your seen as a number.

I had a great time when away from the hotel, but the hotel and staff flat out sucked!

I’d rate negative circles if possible.

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank rodney536

Dear Rodney 536,

I sincerely regret that your experience at our Hotel was disappointing. Please be assured that your comments regarding the quality of the meals, and we give it away the room late, We are really sorry, I have been shared with the concerned teams, as we are consistently working on the quality of services we provide, and striving above all for customer’s satisfaction.

Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

The staff at this resort are awesome! They go above and beyond all expectations. Most specifically Jorge, Hector, Alberto, Hugo, Ruban & Esteban. They went out of their way to make our stay absolutely wonderful.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Interviewmaker,

Thank you very much for this incredible review and letting fellow travelers about your recent stay with us. It was our honor to have you as our guest and we are already looking forward to see you on your next stay!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

We visited Hilton from the 6th to 13th of October. We enjoyed our stay, but a lot of that was because of our own attitude. At this moment with the current facilities the hotel was a 4 star at best but I give it 3 stars for an all inclusive resort.
Rooms: they were nice and new
Service: all the workers were amazing. Angel was the first kind person that helped us and always had a big smile. Unfortunately though my iPhone 5s that i used to play music for my baby at night and had lots of pictures and information on was stolen from our room together with my original and new iPhone charger. So it was overall not a happy moment knowing your belonging was stolen directly from the room by someone who worked there unfortunately as the cameras were monitored and no one else other than one person entered the room in that day. That is under investigation and we are already back home and no news ...
food: food was very average compared to my previous experience with 4 and 4.5 star hotels. No fresh juice bar. Not much variation from night to night. Breakfasts were great. Some dinners were good but we had lots of repetition and some days were boring. We only tried 2 à la carte restaurants and we didn’t like them. The food looked great but we didn’t love the taste. The scallops at the French restaurant were tasty. We skipped Italian. There wasn’t much kid friendly options and the service was very slow so we usually couldn’t stay for desert sadly.
We were with a baby of 11 month. I was able to feed my baby with the food at the buffet restaurant. I am very happy about that. There was simple enough food like rice and pasta and veggies, fish and chicken that baby loved.

Pool: pool was clean and beautiful. Water was warm. The pool had side steps that our baby loved to walk on. The pool was not over crowded. We saw the ocian from right there and it was a breathtaking view. This was the best part of the hotel.
Bar: there was one bar at the lobby. Nothing else. It was still a good bar. Service was great.

Adult only and kids club: Half way through our stay we found out about the adult only section that we didn’t know about before so we went to take a peak. It was nice, we were immediately kicked out. So I can’t really talk about that section because for us it didn’t exist. Also our baby was too young to get a baby sitter or to bring to kids club

Activities: there was basically almost no activities. We had to make our days more fun and exciting on our own. Which we did. But there was no animation team or dances or anything else that you normally expect from these hotels. Only twice we saw two singers at the lobby. Also once or twice we saw aerobics in the water.

Adult only suchi bar: was beautiful. It was on top floor of our building so we went in the middle of the day when baby was napping and had some suchi. They had only 4 choices but they tasted good. Again the view is amazing.

On the last two days of our stay we discovered a burger/pizza bar that was open 12-1pm and we liked it mostly because the made the pizza on real fire and it tasted very good.

Hotel was Very close to the airport. We missed our bus on arrival and got a taxi that the hotel provided which was nice. Irrelevant to the hotel, when we got out of the airport we were bombarded by sales persons trying to get us to go to presentations for time share or private residence. That wasted our time a lot during the trip. Seems like everyone does that as a side job at Puerto Vallarta. Best to avoid them but they offer nice deals. After the presentation you might walk away with a 20-50k debt no such harassment at the hotel though. Which was nice. Everywhere else we were bombarded though, Walmart, malecon, streets etc

All in all the rooms and the view were great - 5 star. Service was great 5 star, the lost iPhone makes it a 3 star and I was offered nothing as a «sorry », food was 4 star, activities 1 star.

Trip type: Travelled with family
AlmaV341, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Dear Trail621648,