“The most wonderful experience of my life, to wit...”
other travellers have booked this property
Casa Owaissa Traditional Vallarta Style Home
Casa Owaissa Traditional Vallarta Style Home Casa Owaissa Traditional Vallarta Style Home
Check Availability
Another Wow Sunset
Entrance Stair Well to Casa Owaissa
Casa Owaissa
Private Pool and Patio
Our Staff;  Memo and Norma they do an excellent Job taking care of Casa Owaissa.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
tvlaak
Seattle, Washington
“The most wonderful experience of my life, to wit, I am moving to Vallarta very soon.”
Reviewed 4 June 2018 for a stay in April 2018

Read a 5 star review and they all state the same thing: There house was the best, the view was great and so forth. Without doubt, our 10 days at Casa Owaissa is the best vacation experience in my travels ranging from the Florida Keys to the Hawaiian islands. For the most part, those lodgings are rated mid to high end and yes, those whom were our hosts did their best to take care of us. However, after 40+ years of travel, I have never experienced that feeling of personal warmth, complete acceptance, totally security and the relief that I made the correct choice, via the internet, of the best vacation home anyone could possibly hope for. Sorry Lionel, but Norma gets first place for making sure my Wife and I were lacking for absolutely nothing. Norma took care of our needs even on Her only day off on Sunday to assure our kayak trip to Los Arcos was safe and secured and that my Wife and I made it home (Casa Owaissa) afterwards. Now, Lionel, our host, get His credit: After we settled in, Lionel introduced himself and made sure we were comfortable and had the situation(s) in hand. We did not: I knew nothing of Vallarta and with that, Lionel took the time and effort to help guide us to the best of what Vallarta has to offer, which without His help, our experience would have been nowhere close to what is actually was. We made more friendships in 9 days than I ever dreamed possible. To close on Lionel, He is someone whom I wish to remain friends with for life. Now the house: The home "Feels" like a home when you walk in. It is filled with artworks that Lionel has acquired over the years and Norma assures that everything is spotless and Memo assures the grounds and pool are perfect. There is so much more to say and I will work harder to do so but I wish to close this for now with: People may say someplace such as Paris is a City of Lights, BUT Vallarta is The City of Life and Casa Owaissa is a reflection of that wonderful feeling of Life. Thank you.

Your age range 50-64
Hillman72...
Chaska, Minnesota
“Relaxing Private Getaway!”
Reviewed 3 April 2018 for a stay in March 2018

If you are looking for a relaxing and VERY private getaway, look no further!

Please note that my review mentions two separate homes (Casa Owaissa and Casa de la Hoja) so please be sure to look at both! If you have a large group be sure to contact Lionel about renting both properties...you won't be disappointed!

Your privacy is the result of this home (and the adjoining home - Casa de la Hoja) being tucked into the hillside of beautiful Puerto Vallarta. Both homes face due west and you get ABSOLUTELY AMAZING views of the sunset every night. Both homes are very spacious to easily and comfortably accommodate two couples. Plenty of room to have kids on the couches and/or room to set up air mattresses on the floors. If only renting Casa de la Hoja, it has a very unique Casita (guest house) and it would easily accommodate a couple extra kids or a 3rd couple in your party.

The kitchen is stocked well with all the items you'll need for preparing any meal. I've rented a few other homes and was always frustrated about having to bring your basic necessities (paper towels, coffee filters, dish soap, etc.). That is NOT the case here. The property is very well stocked so you can enjoy your vacation. The only thing you need to worry about is getting your groceries and beverages for the week.

Speaking of grocery shopping...who wants to do this on vacation, right?!?! If you book Casa Owaissa and/or Casa de la Hoja, you'd be foolish not to pay for the personal shopper that is offered to you. For $40 USD (plus cost of groceries) you can have everything you need sitting on the counter when you check in. I can't begin to tell you how nice this was upon arrival...and they even had chips and fresh guacamole waiting for us...thank you!

If you happen to overeat or drink a few too many Margaritas, don't worry. A 10 minute walk from the house will get you to the OXXO (convenience store) where you can replenish 95% of your basic supplies.

There is a private pool at Casa Owaissa and Casa de la Hoja. They aren't huge pools like you'd see at a condo or resort...BUT...they are private and you don't have to listen to someone's crying kid or some drunk fool at a resort! Did I mention this place is a relaxing private getaway yet???

I have no complaints whatsoever and look forward to coming back next year!

As a courtesy to future renters, please be aware of the following. These are NOT negative comments and should be taken as a reason not to rent either property. Just a simple courtesy note so you enjoy your vacation!

--The homes are located on a fairly steep hillside and there are many steps upward from the (locked and very secure!) entrance to the home. If you aren't able walk up and down quite a few steps (I'm guessing 40-50) you may want to consider staying in a loud and crowded resort with elevators.

--The property is beautifully decorated with flowers, plants, and trees. With this, and because the property isn't located in the middle of a concrete jungle, there will be a few small bugs and/or small spiders around (but most go unseen). I suggest buying a bottle of bug spray or lotion and anti-itch cream at the local OXXO and applying the bug spray or lotion 2-3 times per day. As I'm typing this review I'm thinking...ISH...I don't want to vacation where I need to wear bug spray every day...that sounds horrible! Let me be ABSOLUTELY CLEAR...I live in Minnesota and the mosquitoes here are 100 times worse that what we noticed during our stay. Again, this comment is just a courtesy to future guests to make your vacation as pleasant as possible.

I forgot to mention Norma (house attendee) and Memo (handyman). Both come every day except Sunday and holidays. They are very kind, respectful, and they do a great job flying under the radar so you can enjoy your privacy.

4 Apr 2018
We appreciate that you took the time to write this review of Casa Owaissa and Casa de la Hoja. Garin and I along with our incredible staff Norma, Memo, and Mario work very hard to make sure that everyone's vacation is memorable. We look forward to your return next year.
Lionel Cunningham
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 11 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Your age range 65+
13 Apr 2017
Thanks for your kind comments! We are glad that you had a good time.
We would like to invite you back for another stay at Casa Owaissa.
Lionel and Garin
gilcam
Gatineau, Canada
“Lovely typical Mexican villa”
Reviewed 9 February 2017 for a stay in January 2017
person found this review helpful

Located about 2 km from old Vallarta, also a walkable distance to the beach and especially a very nice and good restaurant La playita located inside an hotel.
The villa is very very typical of Mexican architecture and I would love to own one like that. Every part of the house is well thought and very private. The pool area is vey cool.

10 Feb 2017
I am excited that you appreciate the Traditional Vallarta Style of Architecture. So many of the homes in this style have been so modernized that they have lost the charm of Mexico. Our remodel goal was to restore the Villa to its original character, from the handcrafted Saltillo floor tiles to having local artisans hand carve doors and cabinets through out the house to match the hand made furniture. Yes, I agree with you, Casa Owaissa's location is great, there is also a convenient OXXO store within walking distance.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay.
Lionel Cunningham
Linda B
Portland, Oregon
“Fabulous 50th”
Reviewed 24 January 2016 for a stay in January 2016
person found this review helpful

Perfect casa to spend our 50th wedding anniversary. Our son and fiancé joined us and this was a great place for 2 couples. Loved, loved the deep water pool and fabulous view…not quite so much the mosquitoes or steps but I will say that by the end of two weeks I was managing them better.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: view and pool--also comfortable bed
Liked least: steps and mosquitoes
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
6 Feb 2016
I am delighted to hear that Casa Owaissa was perfect for your 50th wedding anniversary.
There must have been other people in our area calling the city reporting the mosquito problem, because the city vector control trucks have been going through Conchas Chinas early in the mornings spraying. It seems to have taken care of the mosquito problem, I am sorry for your stay, that they did not start spraying earlier this season.
Again Congratulations on 50 years.
Lionel
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing