This was our first trip to the Pacific side of Mexico therefore obviously Puerto Vallarta. We loved this hotel as well as the city. Definitely get out and explore the city on foot...obviously do the Malecon but also off the beaten path is interesting. We spent 7 days at Villa for our anniversary. We booked through Expedia and I had placed a brief note in their comments section as to when our anniversary was and the amazing staff at Villa not only read this comment but left a personalized note and cake in our room on our anniversary. That is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to service at this resort. Arturo, Javier, and Juan are wonderful. The concierge, all bartenders, all wait staff, housekeeping, and grounds staff are amazing. I only wish I knew all their names.
We arrived to the wonderful glass of champagne and massage of course. The pillow menu and aromatherapy is nice. Yes, the resort is older but very well maintained and very clean. We booked a beach massage on our first full day with a vendor and it was amazing and so cheap for an hour! Yes, there are a lot of beach vendors but it is Mexico, just say no to what you don't want. I have read comments about the age of guests all being old; we found a very wide range of age groups...all very fun and interesting. We are in our 30's and there were quite a few couples and singles our age. The pools are nice and clean, and it was so refreshing to not have to fight for chairs ever, something was always open. The beach is nice with beds to lay on. We would go down at night after dinner and lay on the beds and fell asleep 3 times till about midnight - the climate in PV at the beginning of May was perfect! One night they had taken the mattresses off the beds and they even sent someone out to set one up for us...now that is service. The staff keeps clean towels replenished on all the chairs/beds throughout the day. The poolside service is sometimes a little slow, only because there is usually only one waiter. This resort is so quiet and peaceful...just what we wanted.
Our room was a great ocean view with a king bed on the 5th floor and was always spotless. Fridge was stocked daily. Plumbing was great (no weird bathroom odors as is often the case on the Caribbean side), plenty of hot water. Everything in the room worked great. We watched the dolphins in the morning, it was wonderful.
Our first night for dinner was a theme night of exhibition cooking at your table...it was amazing. All the food was amazing for 7 days. We booked the all-inclusive option and did not regret it. I think I almost succeeded in trying everything on the breakfast menu. The crepe is awesome! Lunch was always great, try the fresh fish with the garlic sauce. The Mexican restaurant for dinner is wonderful but so was the Italian (the eggplant soup was great...actually all the soups at lunch and dinner were!). We did try the Brazilian next door...the food was just barely average...not worth it (I was mad that I missed a night at the Mexican to go there actually), it was hot and there were screaming kids. Drinks at Villa are great even the house wine, they will make whatever you want just tell them what's in it. They have the best selection of bottled beer I've ever seen and an all-inclusive.
We did the Rhythms of the Night excursion, very disappointed. The boat ride was a nice way to see the coast and the show was very good, some very talented dancers. Our table for dinner was a great location and view but...the food was terrible, all buffet. They hardly give you anything to drink and acted put out when we asked for more wine. They should cut the price and just get rid of the dinner it was that bad.
I could go on and on about the peaceful tranquility and service of this resort, but there is simply not enough room to write it all. We would definitely return.
Thank you Villa Premiere staff for a wonderful vacation and anniversary.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exclusive Ambience, Sophisticated Elegance (for adults only)... Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway is a true emblem of refined taste and a proud owner of prestigious International awards for its personalized service. In all of its surroundings, it reveals a contemporary interpretation of the traditional hospitality of Mexico, under an atmosphere of understated luxury. Each of the 83 rooms and oceanfront suites offer an impressive experience for sophisticated guests, and a wide variety of excellent services with emphasis on details. Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway... where something special happens all the time. Adults Only (16+ years of age). All Inclusive Optional. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Premiere Hotel And Spa
- Villa Premiere Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Hotel Premiere