“worst bolognese sauce ever”
Review of Magna Magna

Magna Magna
Ranked #423 of 1,039 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 May 2017

I stopped in the early afternoon to get something to go. I got some Bolognese sauce and would cook up some pasta later. At home later when I took the top off the container, what I saw would not be described as any type of spaghetti sauce that I've ever seen. Not thick, rich, tomatoey with very tiny pieces of ground beef and vegetables. No, what I was looking at could best be described as a watery soup....thin broth and not much tomatoes sauce. There were pieces of thick hamburger floating in it and it had huge cuts (picture a large carrot, sliced and then quartered) of carrots, celery and onions. To top it off, it wasn't the least bit flavorful or tasty.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 18 February 2017

This is a small, corner deli & restaurant with just 3 tables. Pasta and sauce are made on the premises by an immigrant from Turin, Italy. He was making fettuccine as we arrived, flattening it in a hand-crank machine and cutting on the counter. I had the pesto sauce which was light and full of a fresh basil taste. You can eat there or take out. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 8 January 2017

This is a go to place as soon as we get to PV as the bread is fresh, delicious and cheap!
Mike

Reviewed 30 November 2016 via mobile

We went on vacation to Puerto Vallarta for a well-reserved vacation. There was a cute, little Italian restaurant/cafe named Magna Magna. Don Lucas, the owner, makes all of his menu items from scratch. There's everything on the menu that you can imagine from Pasta to Pizza to Tortas to Magna Magna to Caprese Salad. Don Lucas and his wife make fresh pasta and bread everyday! Army lacrosse the only $230 pesos equal $21.00 dollars. It's a little bit off the "beaten track", but it's well worth a walk or a cab ride to enjoy lunch or dinner!

Reviewed 28 October 2016

I walk pass this place daily.Finally stopped in.I ordered the meat ravioli and a lemonade.Let me say that I was very please with this meal.He did overcharge me.The sign said $40 pesos for the ravioli and $20 pesos for the drink.He charged me $95 pesos.I was so pleased with the meal that I didn't even mention it!It was well worth the $95 pesos for a good Italian meal.Will be going back in the future.