“Great bread!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 January 2017

This is a go to place as soon as we get to PV as the bread is fresh, delicious and cheap!
Mike

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 30 November 2016 via mobile

We went on vacation to Puerto Vallarta for a well-reserved vacation. There was a cute, little Italian restaurant/cafe named Magna Magna. Don Lucas, the owner, makes all of his menu items from scratch. There's everything on the menu that you can imagine from Pasta to Pizza to Tortas to Magna Magna to Caprese Salad. Don Lucas and his wife make fresh pasta and bread everyday! Army lacrosse the only $230 pesos equal $21.00 dollars. It's a little bit off the "beaten track", but it's well worth a walk or a cab ride to enjoy lunch or dinner!

Reviewed 28 October 2016

I walk pass this place daily.Finally stopped in.I ordered the meat ravioli and a lemonade.Let me say that I was very please with this meal.He did overcharge me.The sign said $40 pesos for the ravioli and $20 pesos for the drink.He charged me $95 pesos.I was so pleased with the meal that I didn't even mention it!It was well worth the $95 pesos for a good Italian meal.Will be going back in the future.

Reviewed 16 April 2016

We found this cozy delicacy of a place on TA and I just had to add to the positive reviews. Walking past this corner in the Romantic Zone, we were immediately drawn by the delicious aromas of fresh herbs and bread wafting from the open air seating area.. With over 700 restaurants to try in Puerto Vallarta, we still had to visit this one twice during our short one week stay. The owner makes fresh pasta by hand daily! This is also true of the pizza, bread and fruit and vegetable juices. The service is friendly and the portions are large and extremely reasonably priced. We tried the lasagna, ravioli, panini, and pizza. Everything was palate pleasing! I recommend the gnocci with pesto sauce and vegetables. My husband loved the lasagna with meat sauce as well as the vegetarian pizza (what a delicate crust!). To drink I had the cucumber lemon juice with basil. Refreshing! My only regret is that I did not get a chance to try every single item on the menu. I was always so full from my meal that I never had room for the homemade tiramisu or chocolate mousse. I guess I will have to go back. ;-)
When you are in PV, I highly recommend that you Magna Magna here!!!

Reviewed 10 February 2016

Stumbled across this affordable, great, clean, cozy little place with a few tables and an attentive, helpful owner/chef Luca who also serves you. We had the Lasagna with meat sauce (50 pesos, equivalent today to $2.75 USD!) and Fettucine (65 pesos= $3.61) and a carafe of Agua de Guayaba (Guava-ade). Delicious! We will definitely go back. You can buy servings of fresh pasta to prepare at home, too for 35 pesos (less than $2 USD) per serving. Neat mural on one wall with famous personalities, Don't skip this gem of a place in a quaint, real (not touristy) neighborhood.