“Best vacation ever!!”

Now Amber Puerto Vallarta
Ranked #16 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 12 April 2017

This was the best vacation experience in terms of all inclusive resorts that we have stayed in recent years. Beautiful upscale resort that has been designed thoughtfully, keeping in mind the aesthetics as well as being functional. Of course, there were few cons but there were so many Pros that small little inconveniences did not matter.

Few pointers based on our opinion
Lobby- One of the best lobbies with ocean view along with water lanterns at the lobby level. Make sure to check out the view both during morning and evening
Food- Great selection of restaurants with variety of Italian, Mexican, Pan Asian along with traditional family style buffet
Rooms- All the rooms are Ocean view. We stayed at a higher floor for 2 days of our trip while other 2 days we pampered ourselves with a private pool. Kids excitement and smiles were worth the upgrade! Beware about loud noises from the lobby if you are in the rooms with the pools. We did not mind the noise since kids slept easily after day of excursions and swimming
Service- Excellent friendly service most of the time. The Pan Asian restaurant service was sub par but not a big deal to sway our experience
Beach- This is the only cons that can spoil your experience, in case clean white beaches are your thing. The beach is rocky and waves are rough, so not an ideal family friendly beach.

Apart from the hotel experience, we also did Dolphin encounter and City tour including the Tequila factory tour. PVR is full of history and is a small city with a big heart. Loved every aspect of our vacation and came back home with a promise to come back soon to make more memories

Room Tip: High floor
4  Thank Arun G
Cesar V, Social Media Coordinator eConcierge at Now Amber Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2017

Dear Arun G

Thank you for choosing our resort as your host on your recent gateway to our destination. It was a pleasure having you and we appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am very happy to learn that your stay was a most pleasant one, and that you were highly satisfied with our service. We have strived to deliver the most memorable experience to our valued guest.

I sincerely look forward to welcome you back on a future occasion and provide you with the exceptional quality and service that characterizes our brand and resort.

Social Media Coordinator eConcierge

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

We had a great time at this hotel, Beautiful rooms with a great view of the ocean, staff was excellent, very friendly, always helpful and quick to respond to our needs, especially Fernando, our beach server who did an amazing job serving our demanding group of 10. Food was good but not great and the beach was a little bit too small. Otherwise had a great overall experience.

1  Thank spencakova

Dear spencakova

Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind words and observations following your recent stay with us at Now Amber Puerto Vallarta.

I was delighted that you’ve enjoyed all the details we take pride in offering our guests. As are our regular practice, we’ve been happy to share your lovely remarks to our team who take so much pride in ensuring that all of our guests only receive the very best in service.

I look forward to have the pleasure of having you back home in the near future.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

This was the second time we have stayed at Now Amber Puerto Vallarta and both times we have been extremely pleased. The staff is always friendly and accommodating. The rooms and resort itself have always been well maintained. The food for is very good, not great but very good. It's located close to the marina as well as old town. I would highly recommend and we plan on going back in the future.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear MattWhe28

I look forward to have the pleasure of having you back home in the near future.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

We went to the Now Amber with a large group of family and this was the only resort we could all agree had everything people wanted. We have stayed at Sandals a few times and this resort is not nearly as good as that, but that being said, it was an awesome resort for a family vacation! The restaurants were all ok. I was really excited about the Mexican but was disappointed. I was no excited about the Italian restaurant (cuz Italian is boring) and it turned out to be one of my favorite restaurants! The Japanese restaurant was awesome as well. We wen to teppenaki without the kids and then ordered off the menu with the kids and I would say that the menu was more exciting than the grill experience!
We travelled with our two young children (Aged 1 and 3) I will review based on that because I had a hard time finding reviews relating to young children.

Room:
Our room had a king bed and we assumed we would be sharing the bed with our toddler. Thankfully, they have a chaise chair that worked sooooo perfect as a toddler bed. We pushed it up to our bed and requested sheets and a blanket and it was just the perfect set up! Our 1 year old slept in the crib. I forgot to take a picture of the crib but it was basically a mini crib. It was made of wood and I was pleasantly surprised she actually slept in it!! I brought a bumper pad from home so she could have it feel more like home when she stuffed her face into the side!

Dining for Children
Obviously the buffet and the snack bar is where the kids were easiest! I know before getting to the resort, we were worried about what kind of highchair they would provide. Our daughter is all finger foods and she doesn't do well with the highchairs without a tray attached. I was very glad they had the perfect kind with the removable tray table. They also unwrap it the tray right in front of you so that you know they have cleaned it!
A tip that I would tell parents of young children - bring ziplock bags. We would get pancakes and fruit and put them in bags for later. It was a very handy thing to have when we were out and about. Also if you're like us, we spent a lot of time by the kid's pool and it was nice to have some fruit to offer instead of just what they have at the snack bar.

Kids Pool
Being that this is the only pool I went it, it's the only one I can review! Almost every day someone in our group would reserve at least 3 seats at the pool before breakfast. We would often go straight from the breakfast buffet to the kids pool (stroller loaded with everything we could possibly need - cuz who wants to go all the way back upstairs!) They have a nice wading pool that was great for my 3 year old. We did end up buying him arm floaties so he could swim in the deeper pool. We had brought a baby floaty thing with a sun shade which was nice because I didn't need to worry about the baby while swimming with both kids. (Although there are a few stores not far from hotel that sell the baby floats) The water slide was fun and by the end of the week, my 3 year old was doing it all by himself (with us waiting to catch him)

Snack bar: Being that we parked it at the kids pool almost always, we did end up eating a lot of snack bar food! I was resigned to the idea that my son would likely eat a hotdog everyday (not something he gets ....ever!) but keeping vacation in mind, I decided to try to not care. They had burgers, hotdogs, fries and occasionally pizza, tacos, corndogs etc. I did learn somewhat quickly that you can request pico de gallo and guacamole (This is my favorite part of Mexico vacation!) I was slightly sad that they didn't ever have it out at the buffet or snack bar and had to request it (cuz I wanted to pig out....) but I suppose it keeps it fresher and wastes less.

Kids Club
My 3 year old went a few times and loved it! You can take the parent tour in the morning and they walk your through everything that they have for the kids to do. If you're unsure about leaving your child alone, you can watch them play from the balcony. The complaints I would have in regards to the Kids Club - Meal times- the lunch is at 1 and supper is at 7 when the kids are in the club. I'm not sure about most people but my kids want food earlier than that! I think they should make the kids mealtimes earlier than normal (lunch at 11 and supper at 5) Because my son never made it to meal time because he was hungry. (Although they do give the kids snacks often - fruit etc)
The fact that parents are not allowed to go use the play area and use for younger kids. My cousin had her 2 year old there and she so badly wanted to play on the playground and trampoline but was not allowed.

Beach:
It was great. I was totally expecting a lot of rocks from what I read. Luckily the sand at this resort was nice and soft. Both of my kids had fun in the sand. I did not venture into the ocean because it was very wavy but a few people in my group did and all of them got knocked down.... so I wouldn't recommend doing it with young kids!
The waiters from the pool bar also will come to the beach seating area and bring drinks (and likely food) which is nice if you don't want to haul the kids in so you can get drinks!

Out of the hotel:
We left the hotel a few times. I will say that compared to other parts of Mexico and Caribbean islands, Puerto Vallarta feels safer. The people don't harass you to buy anything and my husband only got offered drugs once.... (Which compared to usual on vacation, is amazing!) If you're bringing a stroller, be prepared to drive on bumpy roads/sidewalks. I brought my Joovy umbrella stroller and I was fine. The Mega store is a quick walk (equivalent to a block) and they sell anything you could possibly need. We went to buy those little bananas you can only get down south and they were a perfect sized snack to offer the kids wherever we went!
We took a taxi to the Puerto Vallarta Zoo one day. It is a once-in-a-lifetime experience. You can purchase a bag of food (carrots, seeds etc) to feed to the animals. The cost is not much $10 to get in and $5 to get the food) We spent the extra to get to pet a lemur, tiger and jaguar. I will say that it was awesome but totally not worth the money. I would recommend the zoo as an outing though. That was a cool experience. (FYI - A few people in our group were upset about the living conditions of the animals)

In conclusion, I would totally recommend the Now Amber hotel
*We were delayed flying home and we were set up at the Sheraton a couple hotels over from the Now Amber. It wasn't till we got there that we realized how fabulous the Now Amber really was! The Now Amber is AWESOME!!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank Michelle D

Dear Michelle D

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

I am only giving them 2 stars because hotel environment is very nice and food is good for an all inclusive but mostly because of 2 persons who made the difference and were very attentive. Server Jose is awesome he is very courteous and he is always asking if you need anything else. You can find him at the carnival restaurant. Also Martin, who is the bell boy super friendly, always with a smile and willing to help in anything you need and then there was Aytofel who is a promoter for the club part of the hotel. You might find him at the lobby. He is such a nice person, super attentive and always giving you a hand with tips. I felt really sick the second day my head was hurting so he hear me say that and he offered me an advil he was carrying. Third day I lost my voice so he heard me and offered me a candy that helps with the throat. That made my day! Those 3 persons are awesome and they should definitely hire more of those at the hotel.
Ok... now with the bad stuff... My room was a disaster. We arrived at the hotel and the a/c wasn't working, they came to repair it. Everything was fine since I don't expect perfection. But then we wanted to use the jacuzzi that we had inside our room and 2 of the jets didn't work... So we called and they fixed it... Then we wanted to turn the light and it didn't work!!! oh my gosh I was frustrated! But I decided to breath and just not let that take my peace... Then the next day, my kids, husband and I woke up all bitten by mosquitoes and I was wondering why since I left the screen closed. Well, turns out the screen was ripped! So we called and told them to please send someone to fix the light and mosquito screen guess what... no one came! So when we came back from our tour I wanted to take a bath in the jacuzzi and the whole entire piece from one of the jets came off!!! I couldn't believe it... I felt they gave me the most freakin damaged room in the entire hotel. I tried calling the operator but the wire didn't work so I couldn't hear them I had to play with the wire so we could be able to communicate. In the end, I decided to go talk to the concierge which said he was sorry and he was going to send someone to fix the problems... So the person came to fix everything at 7pm or so and he finished by 9 which it was good because we went out either ways... Next day ( the day before coming back home) I decided to talk to the manager "Marcos" who was very polite and offered me to upgrade my room which I honestly didn't accept since we were leaving the next day but I did tell him that it would really help us if he could give us a late check out. He said of course that I could stay until 5pm if we need it. I just need it until 2pm so just 2 more hours after the actual check out time which is 12.
He told me there was no problem and to just come to the office with my other keys so they could program them so they could work until 2pm. So I did... now guess the heck what... the person at the lobby tells me he can't program my key because my check out was at 1!!! Oh my gosh!!!!!! I paid 700 usd a night to get this kind of service!!! I came to have a stressless vacation, I decided to paid that amount so we didn't have to worry about anything and in the end it was totally the opposite! I think you can totally understand and relate to me when I say... I do have a lot of reasons to be very very upset right? So unfortunately of course we're not coming back to this hotel at all!
Oh! Before I forget... if you want good drinks like tequila Don Julio or Grey Goose vodka, you should stay at the sister hotel "Secrets" they have good quality alcohol there but they won't give it to you unless you stay there. So if you're coming with kids like we did, you're pretty much screwed lol at Amber the only thing they serve is average alcohol like Jose Cuervo or Stolichnaya those types. :/

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Cesar V, Social Media Coordinator EConcierge at Now Amber Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2017

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your feedback through this mean. Your comments are truly valuable for us, as this allow us to improve our service levels and product.

We have taken your comments very seriously and you can be assured that the necessary re-training measures are being instituted to prevent recurrences in the future.

With this said, we look forward to have the opportunity of hosting you back on a renewed opportunity to redeem your confidence our resort and service.