3,677 results
All reviews preferred club carnival buffet castaways restaurant healing hands entertainment team swim up bar explorers club coco cafe kids club barefoot grill preferred building japanese restaurant dress code ocean view turn down service unlimited vacation club kids pool
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

I am only giving them 2 stars because hotel environment is very nice and food is good for an all inclusive but mostly because of 2 persons who made the difference and were very attentive. Server Jose is awesome he is very courteous and he is always asking if you need anything else. You can find him at the carnival restaurant. Also Martin, who is the bell boy super friendly, always with a smile and willing to help in anything you need and then there was Aytofel who is a promoter for the club part of the hotel. You might find him at the lobby. He is such a nice person, super attentive and always giving you a hand with tips. I felt really sick the second day my head was hurting so he hear me say that and he offered me an advil he was carrying. Third day I lost my voice so he heard me and offered me a candy that helps with the throat. That made my day! Those 3 persons are awesome and they should definitely hire more of those at the hotel.
Ok... now with the bad stuff... My room was a disaster. We arrived at the hotel and the a/c wasn't working, they came to repair it. Everything was fine since I don't expect perfection. But then we wanted to use the jacuzzi that we had inside our room and 2 of the jets didn't work... So we called and they fixed it... Then we wanted to turn the light and it didn't work!!! oh my gosh I was frustrated! But I decided to breath and just not let that take my peace... Then the next day, my kids, husband and I woke up all bitten by mosquitoes and I was wondering why since I left the screen closed. Well, turns out the screen was ripped! So we called and told them to please send someone to fix the light and mosquito screen guess what... no one came! So when we came back from our tour I wanted to take a bath in the jacuzzi and the whole entire piece from one of the jets came off!!! I couldn't believe it... I felt they gave me the most freakin damaged room in the entire hotel. I tried calling the operator but the wire didn't work so I couldn't hear them I had to play with the wire so we could be able to communicate. In the end, I decided to go talk to the concierge which said he was sorry and he was going to send someone to fix the problems... So the person came to fix everything at 7pm or so and he finished by 9 which it was good because we went out either ways... Next day ( the day before coming back home) I decided to talk to the manager "Marcos" who was very polite and offered me to upgrade my room which I honestly didn't accept since we were leaving the next day but I did tell him that it would really help us if he could give us a late check out. He said of course that I could stay until 5pm if we need it. I just need it until 2pm so just 2 more hours after the actual check out time which is 12.
He told me there was no problem and to just come to the office with my other keys so they could program them so they could work until 2pm. So I did... now guess the heck what... the person at the lobby tells me he can't program my key because my check out was at 1!!! Oh my gosh!!!!!! I paid 700 usd a night to get this kind of service!!! I came to have a stressless vacation, I decided to paid that amount so we didn't have to worry about anything and in the end it was totally the opposite! I think you can totally understand and relate to me when I say... I do have a lot of reasons to be very very upset right? So unfortunately of course we're not coming back to this hotel at all!
Oh! Before I forget... if you want good drinks like tequila Don Julio or Grey Goose vodka, you should stay at the sister hotel "Secrets" they have good quality alcohol there but they won't give it to you unless you stay there. So if you're coming with kids like we did, you're pretty much screwed lol at Amber the only thing they serve is average alcohol like Jose Cuervo or Stolichnaya those types. :/

Trip type: Travelled with family
Cesar V, Social Media Coordinator EConcierge at Now Amber Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2017

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your feedback through this mean. Your comments are truly valuable for us, as this allow us to improve our service levels and product.

We have taken your comments very seriously and you can be assured that the necessary re-training measures are being instituted to prevent recurrences in the future.

With this said, we look forward to have the opportunity of hosting you back on a renewed opportunity to redeem your confidence our resort and service.

Reviewed 10 April 2017

How does one begin to include, in a short review, all the amazing elements of our stay at this wonderful place? Now Amber Puerto Vallarta was the ideal resort for my first ever trip to Mexico and my husband’s first after 35 years. We were thrilled with our very spacious, super-clean and well-appointed 12th floor junior ocean view king room. The views of the resort, the ocean, the bay and the sunsets were spectacular!! The city and mountain views from the entrance side of our room were also amazing. We found the whole resort to be exceptionally clean, well-maintained and designed to give guests delightful experiences at all times. The food and drinks were so good! We ate twice at Capers (Italian), Himitsu (Asian), and Castaways (seafood) restaurants and thoroughly enjoyed the meals and service. We loved the variety and quality of the delicious food at Carnival buffet for breakfast and dinner. We usually had lunch from the Barefoot Grill and the other daily special foods served poolside – so tasty! The room service meal we had one evening was great, too! There’s so much terrific, varied entertainment and activities available for all ages all day and evening. We loved spending the evenings in the lobby lounge area with many of the other guests winding down after each beautiful, full and fun day. Everything is superb at this resort, but it’s the staff, the people, who make it truly remarkable and exceptional. Everywhere we went in the resort, every staff person we saw was so friendly and kind. The endless smiles came from the heart and shone through the eyes! The greetings, care and attention from each person made us feel like we were treasured family, special friends. The service each one provided was beyond expectation. We can’t say enough about all these wonderful people working at Now Amber. But, there are some we met during the 2 weeks we were there (March 21st – April 4th) who made a particular impression on us, with whom we feel a special connection and whose service was outstanding: pool area – waiter Jorge Roble and supervisor Carlos Diaz, Carnival buffet – morning waiters Puc, Arturo, Julio and Jorge, evening supervisor Fermin, morning hostess Moncerrath, concierge Zied. You will never know how much your kindness, warmth and service meant to us. We won’t hesitate to recommend this resort to anyone and we hope to visit there again soon. Thank you for a most memorable vacation!!

Room tip: All rooms have ocean views and seem lovely, but 4th and up are probably better.
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Regena C
Cesar V, Social Media Coordinator eConcierge at Now Amber Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2017

Dear Regena C

Thank you for choosing our resort as your host on your recent gateway to our destination. It was a pleasure having you and we appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am very happy to learn that your stay was a most pleasant one, and that you were highly satisfied with our service. We have strived to deliver the most memorable experience to our valued guest.

I sincerely look forward to welcome you back on a future occasion and provide you with the exceptional quality and service that characterizes our brand and resort.

Reviewed 10 April 2017

My wife and I stayed here for our 1-year anniversary in October 2016. We had stayed at the Secrets Puerto Los Cabos for our honeymoon in October 2015 so this was our second experience at an AMResort. The price point is what brought us to this resort, and after staying there, we feel it was a good value and would return. Please see details from our trip below.

Food: Very good, we especially liked Himitsu, over a 6-night stay, we ate in the normal restaurant part of Himitsu once, and the hibachi part twice. We also ate at Bordeaux (very good), Oceana (good), and Capers (good). Breakfast at the buffet (Carnival) was our standout dining experience. Jesus took care of us almost every morning and provided us a VIP experience. As of April 2017, my wife and I have now stayed at 4 AMResorts and "experienced" a total of 6 AMResorts. We have found that 1-2 employees from a resort can really "make" an experience for you. Jesus really "made" the experience for us and was a pleasure to get to know, thank you Jesus!

Pools/Beach: We enjoyed the pool set up and liked that there are a few different pools to use. If you are a huge beach person, there is a beach, but it will probably not "wow" you. We are "pool people" and we were happy with the pool set up here.

Room: The room was very nice, but it was incredibly humid/musty/damp whatever you want to call it. My wife wasn't feeling well so I checked with the front desk if we could possibly change rooms. The front desk was very accommodating and allowed me to check 5-6 other rooms to see if they were better. Unfortunately, they were not, so we ended up just staying in our room.

Bars: Having a drink and watching the sunset from the lobby bar is one of the more aesthetically pleasing experiences I can remember, I highly recommend doing so. It is incredibly hot and humid though (just a heads up). We spent a few nights in the sports bar as the World Series was going on and Astrid took great care of us. She was the second standout person for us at this resort.

Overall, we had a very positive experience, with a few negatives, but would happily come back if the price is right. We also really enjoyed how close the resort is to the airport and how affordable the taxi prices were.

Date of stay: October 2016
2  Thank unc1468

Dear unc1468

Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind words and observations following your recent stay with us at Now Amber Puerto Vallarta.

I was delighted that you’ve enjoyed all the details we take pride in offering our guests. As are our regular practice, we’ve been happy to share your lovely remarks to our team who take so much pride in ensuring that all of our guests only receive the very best in service.

I look forward to have the pleasure of having you back home in the near future.

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

Anyone that gives this resort less than 3 stars really isn't being fair. I don't know why you would give less than three personally I give it just a smidgen under 5 as nowhere is perfect. I've seen people complaining their rooms were cleaned in the afternoon. You can have your room cleaned at whatever time you want just ask the concierge. The food is quite simply amazing. The alacarte restaurants are of a standard you would be delighted to dine in anytime. The staff are attentive. If you get to the restaurant when it opens or a bit after there is no wait. The staff arrange amazing entertainment for all ages. The pool party was thoroughly enjoyed by my daughter. There are a couple of noisy nights but the noise all ends by 11. Most evenings the noise is away from the pool and beach area. One annoying thing is people reserve sunbeds from 7am by putting their solitary flip flop on them. The hotel has a sign saying beds will be cleared after half and hour. But they aren't. I think Ice lollies for the kids would be a good idea as trying to get kids to drink is a nightmare. All I can say is the staff are very conscientious and they will do anything within their power to make your stay 5*

2  Thank melly1968

Dear melly1968

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

This was a beautiful resort. The service was amazing. We stayed in the preferred side and enjoyed our time there.

There's also a great pizza place a short walk from the resort called Mama Rita's. great pizza, good people, and super reasonable.

1  Thank scottst2