3,631 results
All reviews preferred club carnival buffet castaways restaurant healing hands entertainment team swim up bar kids club coco cafe explorers club barefoot grill japanese restaurant dress code preferred building ocean view turn down service unlimited vacation club kids pool
Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

My girlfriend and and went to this resort from March 31-April 7. From the moment we checked in we were treated like royalty. The staff goes over and above to make their guests feel at home. The rooms are very comfortable and the bars and restaurants are very enjoyable. But the thing that puts this hotel ahead of others resorts are the small things they do. No wrist bands, no reservations to get into the restaurants, bathrobe and slippers in the room, turn down service, pool side and beach service. The staff take pride in the resort and treat it like we are a guest in their home.
I've traveled to Mexico over 15 times and have never experienced all of these things for the same price point at other hotels. I would recommend this hotel to any of my friends and family. I got engaged there on the beach and plan in having my wedding there next year.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Greg H
Cesar V, Social Media Coordinator eConcierge at Now Amber Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2017

Dear Greg H

Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind words and observations following your recent stay with us at Now Amber Puerto Vallarta.

I was delighted that you’ve enjoyed all the details we take pride in offering our guests. As are our regular practice, we’ve been happy to share your lovely remarks to our team who take so much pride in ensuring that all of our guests only receive the very best in service.

I look forward to have the pleasure of having you back home in the near future.

Reviewed 7 April 2017

My husband and I are two young children (7 and 4) traveled to Now Amber March 29-April 4. We stayed in a Preferred Club Oceanview Junior Suite booking through our travel agent Hayley at Beach Bum Vacations. We have used Beach Bum many times and are always so happy with the service and treatment we receive on our trips.

The resort is absolutely stunning! The staff really do so much to keep the resort looking in tip top shape at all times and it really does show. We were fortunate to get into our room at 1230 pm on the day of arrival and were not bothered by any time share representatives as some others experienced. I believe this may have been because we were processed in the preferred club lounge.

Food:
Overall the food was pretty good for an all-inclusive. Where I fell the resort fell short was the ala carte restaurants. We attempted to eat at the Japanese steak house with our children. It was extremely slow service, not receiving our food for nearly 1.5 hours. When the food did come it wasn’t that great. We had a great meal at Tamarindo (Mexican). Our server Daniel was fantastic and really did his best to move the food quickly. Due to our great meal we went back two days later only to have subpar service once again and ended up leaving before even ordering our meal. We ate the majority of our meals at the Buffet restaurant simply because having two small children and feeding them quickly was our main goal.

Pool:
What I loved about this property was the day time scene at the pool. The entertainment staff really did a great job keeping everyone happy. There is a ton of fun party music during the day and a fun vibe overall. The servers at the pool really were the ones who made our stay memorable. Our favorite server by far was Carlos Diaz. He was AMAZING! Constantly doing everything he could to make our vacation the best one possible, even bringing out a pineapple filled with a smoothie drink for our children to celebrate our daughter’s birthday. We travel on Disney cruises often and are accustomed to a certain level of service. The service we received that week at the pool from Carlos literally shamed the service we have received at Disney.

Other things I loved about the pool were that there were massive jugs of juice stationed around the pool to keep hydrated. The juices ranged from watermelon/basil to cucumber and ginger, etc. They also did a great job of passing out huge bottles of water. I was not prepared for the intense sun so this was greatly appreciated.

Each day at the pool there were also different things being made fresh for lunch. One day we had authentic tacos, another day it was sushi. All were fantastic and appreciated that it was more than the chips and guacamole that I fed myself constantly with.

Explorers Club
Our children usually went to the kids club each day for 2 hours. We loved reading the schedules each night and circling what the kids wanted to do. It was always a little different and our children LOVED it there.

CONS –
There really isn’t too many things that I could say but here is my list of things that I found offputting.

- The chair shortage at the pool. I set my alarm for 630 AM every day to race outside and get our spot. The main row of chairs near the pool with the swim up bar were usually taken by this time. I’m not sure when people were getting out there but it was so early to have to wake up on vacation and deal with this.

- The dress code at the buffet. My husband was literally turned away our first morning because his “shirt” wasn’t appropriate for breakfast. We were dressed for the pool and had to constantly wear one outfit for breakfast and then go back and change to go to the pool. We certainly understand the need for a dress code but I thought it was a little much for the buffet restaurant.

- There are definitely a number of weddings/events that happen here. I was very annoyed by the loud music that was played until 11 pm from them. It was extremely loud and similar to being in a dance club in the middle of the night. It echoed everywhere! While I certainly understand the weddings going on at the property not everyone wants to hear it all night.

Stayed: April 2017
4  Thank Redbird1980

Dear Redbird1980

I would like to thank you for choosing our resort as your host on your recent gateway to our destination. It was a pleasure having you and we appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am very happy to learn that your stay was a most pleasant one, and that you were highly satisfied with our service. We have strived to deliver the most memorable experience to our valued guest.

I sincerely look forward to welcome you back on a future occasion and provide you with the exceptional quality and service that characterizes our brand and resort.

Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

I'd like to start off by saying this is a beautiful resort, but unfortunately ran VERY poorly, this resort is very elegant but I just didn't feel any hospitality, the servers are not humble I did not get the feel of them enjoying their job or any prompt service, the pools close so early by 7:45 they are clearing the pools and ALL the bars except the lobby is open, in order to have a appetizer such as a ceviche you must be dressed to dress code and have to sit down at the poolside restaurant, all you can get while in pool attire are cold hamburgers and stale French fries, when I booked 22 rooms for my wedding that took place April 2, 2017 I specifically asked for them to be blocked out for my guest and EVERYONE was on a different floor, not to mention that they didn't give me two beds as requested my children had to sleep on a couch for a week, paying the rates I paid I expected them to at least have a bed and they never switched my room, the drinks are watered down, room service takes between 30-45 min, all restaurants have dress code, and I had the ugliest wedding cake you could ever imagine, they originally brought me a cake with red and blue sprinkles that I could have made from dollar tree when I complained the simply took the cake and wiped off the sprinkles, it wasn't only ugly it was undercooked, food was mediocre, and they literally ruined my special day, they broke down my wedding dance floor, refused to let me use my sky lanterns that I paid for, refused to let my cartoon artist in to the resort, and a headship if you plan on getting married here and don't use their providers such as DJ and makeup, florist etc you will be fined $250-$350 for EVERY outside vendor. My package came with breakfast in bed which I never received, and I was to receive special attention from the wedding coordinator Fernanda who unfortunately was the one who made my day impossible, I had a issue with my petticoat that was tired too tight so she actually cut it because the knot was too tight causing my dress to have no plump to it, thank God my aunt sewed it back together, I specifically chose my menu for my weeding and was served the wrong food, the only positive feedback I have on this resort is the beauty, but would NEVER return nor recommend for relaxation let alone a wedding.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Luizzzap
Cesar V, Social Media Coordinator eConcierge at Now Amber Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2017

Dear Luizzzap

I appreciate the time that you have invested on writing an overview of your stay with us.

I have taken your comments very seriously and you can be assured that the necessary re-training measures are being instituted to prevent recurrences in the future. All the requests are under availability and our Front Desk Manager always does his best to set them up under the preferences you shared with us, with this said it means they are not guaranteed and our guest understand this situation. We did provide an extra bed (individual bed) not a couch, which you said it was more than perfect.

Unfortunately, our wedding coordinator had absolutely no contact with you, the whole planning was with Mrs. Liliana Mercado, supposed Wedding Coordiantor of you, who in our humble opinion, was always very disorganized. Everything Mrs. Liliana Mercado arranged with the hotel (Mariachi, pyrotechnics and some other things) had it in time and form. The dance floor you mentioned was hired with an outside supplier, so the complaint should go to their agency, the hotel had nothing to do with that.

About the sky lanterns, our Wedding Coordinator Mrs. Fernanda personally spoke with Mrs. Liliana several times and weeks before the wedding, that they are NOT allowed in our hotel by our Rainforest certification and because they are dangerous, if Mrs. Liliana Mercado did not provided you the information, Our Resort has nothing to do with that.

In regards The "cartoon artist", it was NEVER denied by the hotel, we do not know what kind of information this agency provided to Mrs. Liliana Mercado, We suggest you to get in contact with her.

About the comment for fees charged by OUR suppliers, Mrs. Liliana Mercado arranged everything with EXTERNAL people, they did not belong to the hotel, that is why a fee was applied. We suppose you think that Mrs. Liliana Mercado arranged everything with us, which it was not, it was external and it is written in the hotel policy for external suppliers.

Your wedding dress was too tight that you screamed our wedding coordinator who ran to help you with your cousin, finding no other solution, your cousin (not our wedding coordinator) decided to cut the spring, so you would not be hurt, after that your maid of honor began to insult her ​​and to start saying very strong words.

The menu that was served at dinner it was the one what you agreed.

While I understand the way you felt about the situation experienced during your stay, I do hope that my reply to your feedback restores some semblance of trust on us.
Please contact us directly at info.noapv@nowresorts.com to take care of your next reservation.

Reviewed 5 April 2017

What a holiday- really enjoyed all of it from flying out to flying back. This hotel is amazing who ever designed it needs a round of applause. The inspiration and interior design ideas are wonderful, they have also thought of the layout everything is easy to get to. Staff are outstanding, all are eager to help I did not come across one that was miserable they really do make you feel special. Food plentiful and a lots of choices, Steaks and Champagn or any kind of booze, all kinds of food ,this is in the morning - not my cup of tea, but hey it’s there in case you should want it. Restaurants for you to be waited on, 24 hour room service at NO CHARGE. Plenty of sunbeds and pools to choose from I chose the beach a little quieter which is what I like, good entertainment in the day and at night. I had a full body massage it was a bit more pricey then them outside the hotel, but you get what you pay for. It was very relaxing also used the spa to chill out afterwards. Location of this hotel is great not too far away from town and marina, lots of shops outside and safe to walk about. I would recommend this hotel for all to stay at. I did hear one holiday maker moaning about one of the three lifts being out of order - I’m sure if they could have fixed it they would they might have been waiting for a part, some people just want to moan!

Room Tip: Higher the better
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Backchatt
Cesar V, Social Media Coordinator eConcierge at Now Amber Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2017

Dear Backchatt

Thank you for choosing our resort as your host on your recent gateway to our destination. It was a pleasure having you and we appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed 4 April 2017

Stayed here for 6 nights from 25th - 31st March 2017.

Checked in and was given possibly one of the worst rooms in the hotel, room 1450, this was right next to the lift and one floor above the bar.

After trying to change the room we were told that there were no other rooms to change too, without paying extra, however after a couple of hours a better room was found and we were changed to that one without any extra charge.

Food at the hotel was ok - nothing special, choices in the buffet were very limited, although the quality was ok. The restaurants were a bit hit and miss - for example we had 2 meals in the French restaurant (Bordeaux) , on the first visit the food and service was very good - returned 2 nights later and the food very poor and service far too slow. Other restaurants we went to were ok, but again nothing spectacular about them.

The beach, although very nice was far too small for all the amenities and sports that the hotel want to provide, a volleyball area was set up each morning and afternoon right next to where the sun beds are, which results in people being hit by the ball on many occasions, other activities are squeezed into the area taking up about 60% of the available space on the beach,

The pool area wasn't so crowded, although there is nowhere quiet to sit around here. This is definitely a hotel were you need to reserve a sun bed by 8 am or you will not get anywhere to sit, either by the pool or the beach. The sun loungers are the cheap white plastic ones standard in most hotels - not the quality you would expect for a hotel of this type.

The nightlife is very low key and fairly quiet, the main areas are the lobby bars in both the Now Amber and Secrets sides of the hotel, which had a singer/band on most nights. There is a nightly show also, which were quite good - better than a lot of hotel entertainment I have seen, also a nightclub open till 1am, this was fairly empty most nights though.

In summary , a good resort with very nice rooms and views, mostly nice staff, although a little disappointing in some of the things mentioned above

Room Tip: Don't go for rooms ending in 50 (1450,1550 etc)
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Cesar V, Social Media Coordinator eConcierge at Now Amber Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2017

Dear jrh433