“Wow this place is awesome!!!!!”

Now Amber Puerto Vallarta
Ranked #15 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 22 June 2012

I recently stayed at this all inclusive hotel. The staff was outstanding! The hotel was very clean and nice. I have to say that our favorite person there was Miguel Moreno Becerra who was a server at the pool. He was always happy and friendly. We looked forward to going to the pool every day because of his great service. This place was so fun and not too big but not too small so the service was excellent. I highly recommend this place if you want to stay in a place where all the restaurants have good food and the staff is second to none. I also suggest talking to Scuba Lisa before you book any activities. She is very honest and helpful. I will stay at this hotel again and again. Thank you to Adrian also, he was very sweet and helpful! This hotel is the best!

Room Tip: Stay on the preferred side in Now Amber the staff is great.
4  Thank NancyMcCarthy
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 19 June 2012

The staff is great and the resort is beautiful, but not the greatest place to stay if you have kids. Kids are not aloud in three out of the five restaurants that they have. We were here for two weeks (sadly) we kept eating in the same two restaurants because that's all we could eat from with our baby!
Also we got food poisoning from the the scallops that weren't cook properly. The staff is great and the resort is modern and new but I would never ever, ever go back here again!
They just don't make it accommodating for families with children. They have baby-sitters to look after your kids so that you can eat at the restaurant that don't allow kids, but the point of going of going on vacation is to spend time with family and eat dinner together. I hate this resort. Too many rules And I got sick because they rush to cook food! Scallops and eggs were runny! Yuck!

6  Thank Lesly C
Reviewed 13 June 2012

This hotel was immaculate and had a wonderful location. The staff were very attentive and pleasant. The food was very good, and the house wines weren't bad at all, typically we find the wine undrinkable at most all inclusives. We would definitely return, our only complaint is that we travelled with children and some nights we had limited dining options as the Japanese restaurant is no kids, and they would also rotate other restaurants making them adults only. Since this hotel is connected to the adults only Secrets resort my thought would be all the restaurants on the Now Amber side should be kid friendly as any adults on the Now side are welcome to eat on the Secrets side for a kids free meal.

Room Tip: If you can upgrade get a swim out room!
5  Thank ASMWalter
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Visited this new hotel May 2012. Wonderful customer service from Andres at check in to Fernando at poolside. Very comfortable room with modern furnishings. I found the firm bed to be comfortable. The coupon deal for visitors is ok if you plan to spend money on wine or spa treatments. You have to spend money to use the coupons. Not a great deal. Otherwise restaurants and facilities are top class!

Room Tip: I doubt there's a bad room in the place. It is a beautiful facility.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank theej
Reviewed 7 June 2012

This is a new resort in PV which one must try! My husband and I travel quite often and have had the privilege of experiencing a wide range of hotels and resorts around the world. We've experienced an amazing five star in Cancun and in Los Cabo recently, but we both agree Now Amber has surpassed both of our expecations. The staff take such pride in their work and it really shows from management to the lobby bartenders, the wait staff, the chefs, to the entertainment team - everyone prides themselves on their work.

We've had some great conversation with the night time Now Amber Lobby bar staff. I'm so sorry I've forgotten their names! But what great personalities! Each night the lobby hosts such talented live music groups which adds to the great experiences the Now group provides to their guests.

Being from Vancouver we have access to award winning global cusine and have yet to experience a consistency which we can find easily at home- until we ate at the restaurants at Now. We are staying for seven days and are currently on day five; to date I've had the best breakfast and buffet and was impressed with the Himitsu restaurant. They make a teppanyaki that competes with the top Japanese restaurants we've been too at home. They provide great performances, amazing cuts of beef and a fantastic show! We've been to teppanyaki around North America and wow can the staff here compete! It was a great dinner!

I was blown away with our experience today at the French restaurant, Bordeaux, at the Secrets side of the resort. The wait staff, Alex- Alejandro, and manager (I forgot his name) were spectacular hosts and we will be coming back on Friday. We just had the best food I've ever experienced in Mexico. I felt so fortunate to be able to dine at such a fabulous restaurant for dinner, especially, considering, it is a part of the resort experience. Each appy was delightful and each main we tasted made our taste buds melt and considering I make wedding cakes as a part time job, the desserts were spectacular!

This resort will be the number one resort in PV very soon! Definitely take advantage of any opportunity you may have to visit here! The architecture of the resort is unsurpassed. The attention to detail from everyone at the resort begins at the moment you step onto the property. Each room is remarkable and beautifully designed!

We had the opportunity to meet Daniel Navarro, the resident manager, who made sure our stay was up to his personal best, and he did an amazing job of ensuring that it was! Since Now Amber has only opened in the past 3 months or so it seems that everyone is doing their very best to ensure each guest has an amazing experience. I definitely recommend spending your vacation experience at this resort as each day seems to be getting better then the last!

The entertainment team are doing a remarkable job in ensuring they include everyone with the daily activities. The conceirage and housekeeping have entertainment newsletters which they leave in each room that gives everyone the opportunity to know the days events before they even leave their room!

I'm positive I've left out the names of some fantastic staff members but it's so hard to remember when every moment stands out! I'm having the best time I've ever had in Mexico and would like to thank all the staff at the Now Amber and Secrets resorts in PV. Great Job! We will be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in the preferred club area and definitely recommend staying in this area. The second floor...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple