4,277 results
All reviews market cafe preferred club barefoot grill french restaurant pool area lobby bar oceana restaurant unlimited vacation club preferred building entertainment team healing hands turn down service rain shower dress code all inclusive resort rose petals ocean view
Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

Seemed like a bunch of adults reliving their spring break. Loud and crowded all the time. Food was way below average except the breakfast buffet which had many good options. Staff was very attentive. Many activities at hotel available. Will not go back.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NickandErin1
Cesar V, Social Media Coordinator eConcierge at Secrets Vallarta Bay Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2017

Dear you guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay in our resort.
We value your detailed suggestions as our guest’s feedback is truly important for us and we will consciously revise all of your remarks.

While we understand the way you felt during your stay, we do hope that our reply to your feedback restores some semblance of trust on us. Please contact us directly at info.sevpv@secretsresorts.com to take care of your next reservation.

Reviewed 19 February 2017

Seven days in Paradise

My husband and I stayed at the Secrets Vallarta Bay from Feb 1-8 . It was a wonderful time to get away from the snow and cold weather and relax. Prior to our arrival we were emailed by Juan Roman, our member services executive, asking for flight arrival time, and if we had any special requests. From the moment we stepped out of the airport and met our driver, it was no worry week. We were greeted upon arrival with champagne and lavender scented towels and smoothly checked in. We are UVC members and Juan was right there to explain the layout of the resort and give us coupons to use at the resort.
Our room was ready and it was gorgeous. We were on the top floor of the main tower. We had a junior suite ocean view. We looked down at the many pools that were offered.
We sat at the beach our first day under the tiki huts. The bartenders were busy serving drinks to all. The rest of the time we sat at the infinity pool. It was quieter than the swim up bar pool and the pool with built in beds for lounging were just too sunning for us. There is a smoothie bar from 9-12 am near the pools and it was a refreshing morning treat. In previous posts there was mention of people saving seats early in the morning and not showing up until afternoon. There was some of that going on but we were always able to find seats shaded by an umbrella and close to the pools. During our stay there were three big groups that came for corporate retreats. I was concerned that it would become too crowded or busy. It did not, in fact, each group had dinners in the evenings outside by the beach and fabulous bands. We enjoyed listening to the music during our dinner at the open aired Oceania . Furthermore, two nights we opened our balcony doors and danced in our room! I enjoyed the noon water aerobics and the morning guided beach walks.
The Bordeaux French restaurant was fabulous. It was our favorite and dined in there three nights. Everything we ordered was scrumptious. We also tried the Italian, Asian and the open aired seafood restaurant. The wait staff was so professional and truly cared about giving you a memorable experience. For our breakfast we dined at the Market Place, it was a buffet that had everything you could ask for. I loved how the tea was served in ceramic pots and my husband enjoyed the coffee that never seemed to be empty. It is those small things that make your day.
I used the spa and can say that Yadel gave me the best Swedish massage I ever received. We also were treated to a Sunset cruise by Amstar. It was a delightful way to see the city of Puerto Vallarta and the bay.
I would highly recommend this resort.

Room Tip: Ask for main tower room top floor.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
5  Thank Jgray0615
Cesar V, Social Media Coordinator EConcierge at Secrets Vallarta Bay Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2017

Dear Jgray0615

I would like to thank you for choosing our resort as your host on your recent gateway to our destination. It was a pleasure having you and we appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am very happy to learn that your stay was a most pleasant one, and that you were highly satisfied with our service. We have strived to deliver the most memorable experience to our valued guest.

I sincerely look forward to welcome you back on a future occasion and provide you with the exceptional quality and service that characterizes our brand and resort.

Reviewed 18 February 2017

Very nice resort. Staff was wonderful! Enjoyed breakfast each morning at the buffet. Cesar was usually our waiter ... he was the best! Making sure we had everything we needed. Out to the pool area and we would be welcomed by Carlos. Another great waiter who made sure we wanted for nothing! Also we had a wonderful housekeeper, Guadalupe, who always had the room cleaned and stocked. The customer service was above and beyond. Thank you all for a great vacation from the cold!

Room Tip: All rooms are ocean view. We stayed on the 13th floor. Amazing!
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank lorihE782IH
Cesar V, Social Media Coordinator eConcierge at Secrets Vallarta Bay Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2017

Dear lorihE782IH

I look forward to have the pleasure of having you back home in the near future.

Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

We had a great stay at the secrets in puerto Vallarta. The hotel is located on the beach (which is somewhat rocky-bring water shoes) and closeby to many shops and is a couple miles north of the historic part of puerto Vallarta. We walked north to the mall and south to the historic part of the city with no problems. The hotel is half secrets and half now so the restaurants that are shared by both resorts are very busy. Dining at slightly off hours is what I would recommend. Go right when they open or after the main rush. Checkin was a bit rocky and confusing. We had to wait about forty five minutes to check in and then our room wasn't ready so we hung out at the pool for a little bit. Room service was fast and reliable. They did not refill our fridge on the last full day which was kind of frustrating. The service at the pool was a little spotty and if you went to go get a drink, they seemed kind of irritated. The activities at the beach were great. They had sand volleyball, sea kayaking, paddle boards and many more activities. There was also live music every night at the bar in addition to the schedule performances. The servers at the buffet, French restaurant, oceana, and both coffee bars were awesome. If you want a little quiet time and board games, we highly recommend the preferred club. We were very sad to leave and look forward to going to another secrets resort in the near future!!!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Iiwitis
Cesar V, Social Media Coordinator eConcierge at Secrets Vallarta Bay Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2017

Dear Iiwitis

thank you for taking the time to leave your kind words and observations following your recent stay with us at Secrets Vallarta Bay.
I hope to have the honor of welcoming you back, allowing us the opportunity of providing you a truly wonderful and memorable experience.

Reviewed 18 February 2017

I just returned from staying at Secrets Vallarta Bay. My husband and I and my son and his wife were there for a week. I have to say we enjoyed the resort and the town of Puerta Vallarta. The resort was fine, but it can't compare to Secrets The Vine in Cancun. The resort is attached to Now Amber, which is a family resort. I personally go to Secrets resorts because they are adults only. I didn't like to have to go to the family resort attached to have dinner with screaming children. The food level is ok, definitely not the quality of the other Secrets resorts. The service was marginal, they really need more staff. Some of the waits for dinner exceeded an hour. This did not work well for us since my husband is a diabetic. Upon arrival, I asked for an additional refrigerator to keep insulin in, I had no problem with this request in Cancun. I was told there were no additional refrigerators available, that would have been tough if someone's actually broke. All in all, most of the staff was willing to be helpful and they were polite and considerate. Probably won't return to this resort, but overall Puerta Vallarta is a fun town.

Room Tip: The higher up the better.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Deborah D
Cesar V, Social Media Coordinator EConcierge at Secrets Vallarta Bay Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2017

Dear Deborah D

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your kind words and observations following your recent stay.
I was delighted that you’ve enjoyed all the details we take pride in our guests service.
While we understand the way you felt about the situation experienced during your stay, I do hope that our reply to your feedback restores some semblance of trust on us. Please contact me directly at info.sevpv@secretsresorts.com to take care of your next reservation.

Social Media Coordinator EConcierge