“A Royal Experience”
other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Palapa Bar
Beach to Right of La Villita
Beach to Left of La Villita
Beach in front of La Villita
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Matthew S
“A Royal Experience”
Reviewed 20 February 2015 for a stay in January 2015
person found this review helpful

We were made to feel like royalty during our stay at Casa La Villita.

Leading up to it, we started planning 6 months out for my best friend's milestone 50th birthday. We debated locales for the typically bitter cold January we experience in Chicago. We knew it had to be somewhere warm, easily accessible for a part of our group who could only come for a long weekend, and an overall good value. We quickly ruled out Hawaii, Costa Rica, and a few others, to all agree on Puerto Vallarta as the perfect destination for us.

For our next decision--- where to stay-- the birthday boy himself knew that he wanted an intimate setting that would be large and comfortable enough to accommodate 12 of us and allow us to mostly "hang out". We were fortunate that one of our group has been going to PV for 20+ years and intimately knows the ins and outs of different locations. He advised that for our group, we wanted to be in/near to Old Town. He also advised that we wanted to be as close to the beach as possible. Although a lot of the houses in the hills may have beautiful vistas, it is not convenient to go up and down them to get into town/to the beach.

After much research and personal recommendations, we found Casa La Villita. It suited all of our initial needs: close to/on top of the beach, perfect # of bedrooms (10 and they're adding 2!), comfortably appointed, and well-staffed. And that was just the research!

Our first experience of great service came from the owner herself, Karla. She guided us through all the options that we needed: the dates, ability to accommodate our long weekenders, hosting a birthday party at the house... you name it. She was and continues to be super responsive and engaged.

Once in PV, we were met at the airport by transportation arranged by Karla and whisked off to CLV. Upon arrival, we were warmly greeted by the staff, led by Filly and served fresh cocktails (Filly already knew our preferences). They then took us on a tour of the property. I think there is where we all were completely entranced-- the vistas first and foremost: from every level-- sweeping views of the azul-blue Pacific, and some of the old town itself. We continued to be amazed by the bedrooms-- all facing the beach, charmingly decorated, and most important: comfortable beds.

As we lived our week there, we became more and more aware of what a treasure Filly, Victor, and the rest of the staff were: the place was spotless always, every need we had was addressed. The service was perfect-- no one was seemingly around but the second you felt thirsty, there was someone asking what you wanted tomar (to drink). We worked out the menus every day and although some days we went into town to the "fancy" restaurants (La Palapa, Hacienda San Angel), we found that the meals we had at the house were so much more delicious (and authentic-- I could write a review alone on the chimichangas they make).

The only thing I would have done differently on this stay at Casa La Villita would be to extend our stay to a month!

Bedding & mattresses
Liked best: The service
Liked least: Not applicable
Large groups
Management Response
24 Feb 2015
Hola Mateo,

Thank you so much for all of your comments. It is amazing for me to learn of the research you did before coming down and am so glad and grateful that you chose La Villita for your celebration. Each of us always do our very best to make the stay special and memorable for our guests. I hope that we will get to welcome all of you again in the future! Have a wonderful year.
Karla
Jerode P
Denver, Colorado, United States
“Place is Incredible!!!!”
Reviewed 16 January 2015 for a stay in December 2014

Great place and wonderful staff.... The place is very clean and large enough to accommodate very large groups, but at the same time set up to make smaller groups feel connected.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Views and proximity to the beach.
Large groups People with pets
Nathan P
San Francisco
“Extraordinary Villa with Incredible Staff and Quality of Service”
Reviewed 14 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015
person found this review helpful

This is our 2nd year of staying in Casa La Villita and I can only say I'm a raving fan. This year I organized the trip for my family and 15 other friends (and our six kids ranging from 1 - 6 years old).

I researched for 2 months to find this villa, talking to 15 - 20 other ones and why I came back a 2nd year is because of the following:

Location - you're within walking distance to the cool, cobblestone old-town part of Puerto Vallarta but you don't feel cramped or to ontop of neighbors.

Views - the views are great, especially given how close to the city you are. From the top roof deck they are unobstructed, making a perfect spot for afternoon drinks to watch sunset. Seriously epic views.

Staff - friendly, attentive, great at helping but not being in the way. They anticipate your needs, fix any small issues that come up and really are incredible. This year they remembered my name and my kid's name and made us feel like family, even with a hug at the end. Its obvious Karla (the owner) treats them and pays them well - as they're happy with what they are doing and it shows.

Size / Layout - I love the 3 floors, and the concrete and wood construction with many open area's. We made one floor "no kid's zone" so we could get a rest or do some work. We made the lowest floor the "kid zone" and that was their patio with games and activities. The dining room floor with open seating to the air is awesome. Great Pool too. Noise doesn't travel with its quality and substantive construction - so its a perfect building for large groups with kids. (Having rented other places in Hawaii for example, this is not automatic, as we learned the hard way!)

This is my 4th year of organizing a large group trip and I plan to come back next year again to Casa La Villita. Its got a unique blend of features that are hard to replicate - and make it an incredible value in my book, especially for a larger group.

Liked best: Location, Friendly Staff, Size and Quality of construction, Views
Liked least: I'm glad its going to have an extra room or two by next year so we can keep growing our size group into the property
Large groups
Management Response
24 Feb 2015

Wow, two trips within the year...we are looking forward to welcoming you back in December!

We just got another king size mattress topper for one of the beds, which will make sleeping even more comfortable.

All the best,
Karla
Becky L
“What an amazing experience”
Reviewed 20 December 2014 for a stay in December 2014

This was my first time in Mexico and was the most amazing experience. I wouldn't change anything if I could. The staff was super great and very friendly!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
joelloves...
Denver, Colorado
“The most magical place on earth. And yes I am serious its better that Disney World”
Reviewed 19 December 2014 for a stay in December 2014
person found this review helpful

I am spoiled! I have stayed at the Casa 5 times now in just under 3 years. Each time with a different group ranging from just two of us up to 12 of us. The house is located perfectly. About 30 seconds from the beach and a 5 minute walk to old town or few minute cab ride to the newer parts of town. The staff are like family and I am sure thy will treat you the same. The house is spectacular and the food they make will blow your mind! We usually do a few dinner and breakfasts at house and the remainder in town to mix it up. I could probably write forever on this place so I'll keep it simple with this: If you like luxury in an authentic Mexican vibe this is your place! You will love it! GO GO GO NOW!!!!!!

PS
My signature day trip that I always take everyone is I have the houseman set up a boat with captain for us that takes us to Yalapa (a short boat ride - 40 minutes) you can stop and snorkel on your way and when on Yalapa you can see waterfalls, walk the village and / or just hang out at their cool beach bars!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The staff, Food and the house - So I guess everything!
Liked least: I had to leave
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing