“Delicious chocolate croissant”

Add it.
French Riviera Bakery & Bistro
Cuisines: French
Reviewed 8 September 2011

We stopped in for some chocolate croissants on the recommendation of family in Puerto Vallarta and we were not disappointed. I thought the price was very reasonable, and we enjoyed sit-down service with great coffee for less than we were paying for two Americanos and a pastry at our resort.

Reviewed 19 July 2011

I was very pleased with the French Riviera Bakery and Bistro. My friends and I frequented this place on our last trip to P.V. We ate the lovely pastries and drank coffee.
The lemon tarte was incredible, The fruit tart was a close second.

My last night I went for the fixed priced meal. I thought I would like my meal, but I loved it!
All the courses were great and the bread was just as you would get it in Paris. The staff was professional and welcoming.

I will repeat this great experience again when I return to P.V. next year!

Reviewed 11 June 2011

It's a lovely restaurant, physically, but with so much great, reasonably-priced food in Vallarta, this is not a place I or my dining companions plan to return to. The dinner wasn't terrible, but it was nothing special, either, and the portions were miserly. And it is simply way too overpriced.

Reviewed 4 June 2011

French Riviera Bistro is a welcome addition to Zona Romantica. Foie gras was the best we ever tasted, the presentation as an appetizer was great. But there is more than Foie Gras! Scallop rissoto was excellent, our friends loved the lamb and of course desserts are to die for. We live here more than half the year and we love food, and this is great food!

Reviewed 18 May 2011

After almost two decades of living in Mexico I still think of those wonderful Napoleons from small european delis in Toronto where new immigrants shared the best that European tradition had to offer. The flavour still lingers in my memories from childhood weekend treats. Having been disappointed many times before I ventured into the new French Riviera Bakery & Bistro to sample a few of their temping offerings not expecting to relive the experience of what can only be called "The Real Deal". Much to my surprise not only were the Napoleans as good as I remembered but so were the other treats I sampled. The croissants were rich and buttery and the dark chocolate almond cookies to die for! Though I didn't have a chance to sample their menu I intend to return to try the variety of crepes and other French specialities!

Oh, the airconditioning will be a welcome relief to summer visitors but when the weather is fine the outdoor tables would be wonderful!