I spent a week at the Sunset Plaza over the Spring Break March 23-31, 2012. The hotel is beautiful. We really enjoyed the service which was over the top. Upon arrival the butler Juan was very helpful and informative to make our stay the best. During our stay Ivan and Carlos were also very helpful at the butler desk and Carlos even loaned me his own charger for my KOBO reader as I forgot mine back home. We read earlier about the coffee not being in the rooms so brought coffee for the machines from home. The meals were all ala carte and this was great for my girlfiriend with her gluten allergy as they were able to make anything she wanted and made sure there was not gluten in anything she had. We even brought a letter in spanish which outlined the kinds of foods to avoid. The chefs were very good at dealing with this and she had no issues at all. The pool area was great, good service, anything you wanted they would bring to you. Beach area not the best as it is small, the water cold compared to the Mayan where we usually go. But this was a relaxing vacation and didn't spend much time in the ocean more by the pool bar. Drinks were great, very good service at the bar. Mostly adults at this time, few kids that were not distracting at all. The rooms were beautiful, beds nice and soft and had a great sleep each night. No issues with noise. We were on the 6th floor. We stayed in a regular room not the suites although for the little extra I wish we would have. The room we had however was adequate in size and very nice and clean and no problems with anything there. We also booked some room service and the staff were great informing us of the extra 10% gratuity for the delivery of food or drinks to the room. Be sure to ask for food with any drinks you get to your room or you will be charged for the drinks at the regular rate. 10% was very reasonable. Staff was great, Isaiah was a very friendly staff in the restaurant and made sure we always got whatever we needed and he was both funny and kind. Daniel was also great and his engish was very good and helpful for planning meals each time. Food was prepared in the restaurant outdoors under the hottubs and although the occassional fly was around it usually was very nice to eat outdoors. Not muich for evening entertainment except some dinners with theme nights and a mariachi band, which was romantic on the grass. The beef was not so great but this is Mexico and not the beef we are used to in Alberta. If you like top notch service, a quiet and relaxing time with your wife or friends, great food, and personalized service you will not be dissapointed if you stay here. If we are back in Puerto Vallarta we will definitely stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Find the master key to Paradise at Sunset Plaza Beach Resort All Inclusive & Spa. Our suites and rooms are designed with technology and comfort inspirited décor. Each one of these units features an amazing ocean view. Seduce your senses with our exclusive all inclusive plan, Haute cuisine, Premium Drinks, 24-Hour Butler and the most beautiful Puerto Vallarta Sunsets, all in one place. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Expedia so you can book your Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Plaza Beach Resort And Spa
- Sunset Plaza Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta