“Wonderful food, great experience, but sad it is closing” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mediterranean Cafe and Bakery

Mediterranean Cafe and Bakery
Price range: US$ 3 - US$ 13
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Cheap Eats
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: We offer Greek and Italian food plus baked goods! Everything Is made from scratch In our Beautiful Restaurant,We also offer Catering, Wedding and all events services, Plus Wedding Cakes and all Occasion Cakes and Pastries!
Houston
“Wonderful food, great experience, but sad it is closing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

Get there quick as Patty has to close on January 21 for illness in the famiuly.
We had an excellent meal. Patty and Julio made us feel right at home. The food was exceptional. My husband had a trio of Greek dishes and I had the grilled pork chop with red potatoes and fresh veggies. We had the sugar-free dessert based on Julio's recommendation. It was amazing how good it tasted. We took a decadent dessert back with us and it was rich! Look for Patty to start up a new place in Las Vegas. So hurry if you are in PV this week. Prices were very reasonable. 3 glasses of wine, 2 entrees and 3 desserts for 665 pesos.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“Amazing food that sent my taste buds into total bliss!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

Wonderful culinary expierience. Patty is a master at creating fantastic dishes.
Large portions at a reasonable price. The atmosphere is pleasant and peaceful.
Just when you think you've tasted the best, out comes the desert tray. This is where Patty REALLY excels. As I sat there, I heard "oh my God" from every table when the desert tray came to their table.
Absoluteley the best baked goods in Puerto Vallarta.
A must stop when in PV.

Toronto, Canada
“Perfect Date Night Dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

We decided to try this restaurant again as we hadn't been to their new (since May 2011) location. The space is warm and cozy, "very pretty"according to my husband, with lovely background music that doesn't overpower the ability to have an intimate conversation.

The owner, Patty, is well-known for her baking skills and she did not disappoint with the hot dinner rolls served with butter. They were made with fresh basil, parmesan and garlic. They were served hot, with cold butter, and were SO GOOD we asked for seconds!

We both started with salads, one Greek and one Italian. We specifically asked for no onions in one and no cucumbers in the other and they came, as ordered. They were extremely fresh with homemade dressing, romaine, tomatoes, olives and cheese.

For our mains, my husband had the Chicken Picata and I had the beef (filet mignon) souvlaki. Both were very good and served HOT! Mine came with mini red potatoes and roasted zucchini and carrots. The beef brochettes was prepared perfectly. I would have liked to see more garlic in the tzatziki but everyone makes it differently.

The dessert platter was brought over for our consideration and even though I felt I had no room for it, we ordered something to share. It was chocolate, sugar-free, lactose-free, flour-free and it was AMAZING! Only 40 calories too. The others choices were varied and incredible looking. Again, all homemade by the owner. This is a woman who loves to cook! Service was solicitous and friendly, without being intrusive.

With two appetizers, two mains, two glasses of wine, one soda, one dessert and one coffee, the bill was $685 pesos. The good news is this restaurant is about 4.5 blocks from our condo. We'll be back!

5 Thank montyjam
Milan, Indiana
“A "great" place to eat!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

My family and I ate here while visiting PV for our son's wedding. You must try it!!!! the food was out of this world. the greek lemon chicken is delightful, greek salad, chicken picatta, soulvlaki, spinach pie and of course my favorite.....shrimp scampi, were great! If you don't find something to your liking, you must be crazy! we tried all the desserts we could, since there were several of us. It was hard to choose. The service was good and the owner, Patty is very friendly. This is a must go when in town and we will be back! It's located on Basillio Badillo. Thanks for the great food and service.

• Visited November 2011
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“BEST FOOD IN TOWN!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2011

I've eaten at the Med Cafe probably 15+ times. It's where I chose to celebrate my birthday this year. I love, love, love everything I've eaten there whether it was an appetizer, a main course, or a dessert (Don't even get me started on the desserts--they are OUT of this world amazing!) The restaurant is quaint and warm. Service is impeccable (and bilingual). The fresh home-made breads served with the meals are insanely delicious--always full of frsh herbs. Everyone I've eaten with at the Med Cafe has raved about what they've ordered as well. My favorites are the Zucchini Parmesan, hummus plate, pasta with spinach and olives, and Tzitziki. Patty, the cook and owner, is a "sugar artist" and professional wedding cake baker. I will be asking her to do my cake for my upcoming shower. Also, I'm a wedding DJ & minister and recommend Patty to all my brides for their cakes. And, one last thing, I'm vegetarian and Patty is VERY accomodating. Lots of meat-free stuff to choose from.

• Visited December 2011