All reviewsla playitamaria elenaconchas chinasliving roomon site restaurantmexican decorsmall gymoxxo convenience storean older propertytile floorsminute cabprivate beachsound of the wavesromantic zonethe penthousetime sharerelaxing vacation
Reviewed 18 January 2015

This is located on the quiet part of town and you cannot beat the view, it's right on the ocean and the staff is a notch above friendly. Drinks are potent and they have some unique combinations, breakfast is amazing and the peace and quiet is second to none.

Room Tip: Everything is great
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Lvaldivias
TradingPlacesTPI, Manager at Lindo Mar Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2015

Thank you for your 5-star review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to have you back in the near future.

Reviewed 14 January 2015

The Good – This is a small quiet resort located right on the ocean. You could not be closer to the water without being over it. The property is very clean. The condos are large and well layed-out. The staff is friendly and helpful. The location is wonderful: not so far from town to be inconvenient and not so close that the city noise interrupts the quiet.

The Bad – There is no beach to speak of so long walks on the beach are out of the question. We often had to wait for towels as the towel person was nowhere to be found. The same was true with getting beach chairs. The bench-type couches in the living room were extremely uncomfortable. The floor and wall tiles were very chipped up making the units look un-cared-for. The service in the restaurant was very slow. The one night we ate in the restaurant we waited 15 minutes to place a drink order and another 10 minutes to receive our drinks. The beverage service on the beach was so slow, it may as well have not existed. Most often we gave up waiting for someone and went to the bar to get our drinks ourselves. While there was internet service, we had to pay for it.

The Ugly – I am allergic to shellfish and, therefore, very careful about what I order to eat. Our first evening in the restaurant, I ordered chicken enchiladas. When my food came (after a very long wait) my first bite tasted off. When I closely examined the food, I discovered I had been served shrimp enchiladas. When I sent the order back, the waiter acted as if it was no big deal. I spent the next few hours praying I had not eaten enough to cause a reaction. Fortunately I was OK. The only other evening meal we had in the restaurant, my husband ate and I did not.

Overall, this resort is OK. It probably was very classy in its heyday. It needs a little work to bring it back to that level.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Frequent63Traveler

Thank you for your review. We apologize for the mistake made by the restaurant, and will be using your review as a training tool to provide better service in the future.

Reviewed 8 December 2014

Have been coming to Lindo Mar for almost 10 years, and have always loved it. We come to Lindo Mar for the serenity and peace - sitting on the balcony, taking in the lovely view, etc. This year though, there was a distinct change in the type of guests. For the entire week, we had four obnoxiously loud people in the room below us, and it ruined the vacation. Instead of serenity, it was more like Ft. Lauderdale during spring break. When they weren't blaring from their balcony, they were drunk and yelling in the hot tub every night, keeping the rest of the building up. Complaints to the front desk made no difference - no one made them stop. It's really too bad, because it was a lovely little sanctuary. Dont' know that I'll come back after this experience.

Room Tip: See above comments - it's luck of the draw as to who the guests are near you.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank GoingBacktoItaly
TradingPlacesTPI, Manager at Lindo Mar Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2014

We are sorry to read that your stay was ruined due to other guests. We will be addressing this issue with the front desk staff, so that this type of incident can be better handled in the future. We do hope to have you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 December 2014 via mobile

Lindo Mar is in a more secluded area, but is only a short bus ride into the south side of town, (which is my favorite area). The crowd is older. The views are beautiful. We enjoyed sitting on the balcony watching the waves crashing over the rocks. The resort is older, but is very clean and well maintained. We would definitely stay again. Watch out for those margaritas, 2 for 1 at happy hour and they are delicious, but strong!

• Stayed: December 2014
2  Thank DetroitGuru

Thank you for your 4-star review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to have you stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 December 2014

We love going to Lindo Mar every year. The staff are friendly and speak English which is great since my Spanish is pathetic. The rooms are large and we love having a kitchen. The view from every room is amazing. There is nothing like having a glass of juice in the morning on the deck. We can't wait to go back next year.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the 4th or 5th floor. If you are up any higher you are closer to the street which results in some traffic noise.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Michelle K

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are glad to read that you love visiting us every year. We hope to see you again in the coming year.