Visited in October of 2010 with another couple.
first, the OKs: 1) it was off-season, so things were a bit more low-key. 2) the resort is smaller, so feelings of claustrophobia/boredom might creep in. the giant caveat to both of these is that it was 95 or hotter every single day, so we couldn't move around much - finding the shade was key. by the time the evening rolled around, we were mostly too exhausted from the day's heat to go out.
now that that's out of the way, let's discuss the greats/plusses/wonderful attributes of Golden Crown Paradise:
1) clean, spacious rooms and very friendly staff.
2) great programs to keep you occupied during the day, including crazy pool volleyball, where if you screw up on a play, you'll be drinking some iced concoction. people would try to screw up on purpose.
3) the area is beautiful - you're staring up at the grandiose mountains on both sides of the bay. the locations is great - GCP is an older resort, which means it's a lot more central than many of the new ones. this also means it's only a few minutes from the airport (something like 10?), and is only minutes away from downtown. there's a supermarket 1 block over, that was fun to visit.
4) Sexy Coffee - do yourself a favor and listen to all the other reviews, make a reservation and get it once, twice, three times.
5) Las Carmelitas - another giant favor you should definitely do for yourself is go off-campus to have dinner at this mountain-top restaurant. paying the cab and the entry fee (reimbursed on the dinner's bill) is completely worth it. you're eating authentic Mexican food, freshly prepared, on a mountain, in the jungle, overlooking all of Puerto Vallarta. it doesn't get more vacation than that. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g150793-d2314192-Reviews-Restaurante_Las_Carmelitas-Puerto_Vallarta_Pacific_Coast.html
this was our first time at an all-inclusive and we loved it. just got a little baked and couldn't do much during the day, because of the high heat, but otherwise, it was great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golden Crown Paradise All Inclusive Resort where our unmatched personalized and friendly service are a cut above the rest with a great location just 10 minutes from downtown and 15 minutes from the International Airport. As an adults-only all-inclusive resort, our focus is on pampering, tranquility, and rejuvenation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crown Paradise Golden Resort Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Golden Crown Paradise Puerto Vallarta
- Crown Paradise Puerto Vallarta
- Crown Paradise Resort