3,999 results
All reviews la ribera andrea restaurant aqua bar room service bedroom suite guest services casino night time share mexican fiesta beautiful resort all inclusive package water aerobics our waiter city tour pool side ping pong close to the airport
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We came over Easter week, 2018. Had a great time. The pool was so warm, I am super wimpy about water temperature and I had no problem getting into the pools here. In the afternoons especially- the water was so nice.
We had a lovely one bedroom suite that was very spacious and lots of nice amenities like robes and slippers for you. The bed was very comfy and had lots of fluffy pillows.
We did the all inclusive option and there were plenty of options to choose from.
We have two kids - ages 6 and 11 and they had a great time. Not a lot of activities for the 11 year old but he's pretty self sufficient. The kids activities were definitely geared toward my 6 year old.
If I were going to give them something to improve upon it would be the nighttime entertainment.
Service was excellent- all of the staff were very polite and went out of their way to make sure we were happy. I would definitely recommend this place and would happily return.

Room Tip: 2nd floor has bit larger patio than the upper floors.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Jennifer B
Luis A, Director General at Velas Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Jennifer, I cannot thank you enough for entrusting Velas Vallarta to provide your family such a wonderful time in all aspects of the Guest Experience.

One thing that we have learned, and are consistently applying to our operation, is ensuring a high level of comfort for our valued guests. Just as you mention, there are many travelers who do not appreciate traveling from afar to have to swim in a cold water swimming pool. And providing our guests with soothing pool temperatures, along with our commitment to the environment shows that we are only one of a few hotels that use renewable energy (solar panels) to heat our pools. And you, the environment, and all our guests are the happy beneficiaries of our Green Practices.

I hope, Jennifer, that the wonderful memories and the warm smiles of your little ones inspire your family to return to this tropical paradise at your earliest convenience. Thank you for your wonderful review. We place ourselves at your service for any future need. Take care.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Very expensive. I felt we paid for everything we received. There were no deals using our RCI coupons from Worldmark. It was a wonderful stay. We felt like royalty but we will look elsewhere should we decide on an all inclusive again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with RCI
2  Thank beans642018
Luis A, Director General at Velas Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Thank you for reserving with us at Velas Vallarta and for sharing your comments and observations on the experience.

I am glad that you found this to be a wonderful stay and that my staff, and the general ambiance, made you feel like royalty. Granted, Velas Vallarta is a cut above the rest in practically all aspects; suites, tropical gardens, high-end cuisine, genuine service, etc. But in the long run, one truly does receive what they pay for. There are, of course, more economical alternatives on the market, but many place surcharges on the services and amenities that we already have included. So I hope we can have the honor of hosting you again at some point in the future, treating you like the royalty that you truly deserve.

Thank you again, and best regards to you and your lovely family in beautiful British Columbia. Take care.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Stayed at the one room suite. Excellent size and service, great view.
Buffet is not as ample as in other all inclusive, but was good.
Breakfast is the best, with freshly made quesadillas every day and an omelette station. Our families loved the crepes station.
Service is outstanding thorough the property.
Everyone is helpful and friendly. Marcelino at the beach and Antonio at the buffet are hard to beat in good service and friendliness. Property is well kept. Beach and ocean are very clean. Worth the price.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a superb view
2  Thank 0217carla

Thank you, Carla, for bringing your family to Velas Vallarta and allowing my staff to cater to their vacation needs with our upscale style of all-inclusive living.

I mentioned all-inclusive "living" because residing in a suite, as opposed to two rooms, allows a family to spend even more quality time together. Whether it's waking up to pre-ordered, room service breakfast or simply relaxing and admiring the Pacific sunsets from the comfort of your balcony.

I am pleased that you found many aspects of our culinary fare to be to your great liking. It is true that our buffet options are not limitless per se. However, our focus is to provide you, and all our valued guests, outstanding quality in each item that we present, and not substitute high-end ingredients and preparation, for mass volume. And of course, our all-inclusive package also features la carte options throughout the entire day, in all of our venues.

Carla, it is my hope that the great experiences that you enjoyed on this occasion, encourage you to return and rediscover, together with your loved ones, the real meaning of a Family Vacation. On behalf of our Velas family to yours, I wish you an excellent summer season in Chicago, Illinois. Thank you!

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We just spent Spring break there with 2 other families. The grounds were impeccable....very well maintained and gorgeous. We especially liked the beach, lots of sand, chairs, and very clean. The service was great. Everyone there goes out of there way to ensure you are happy. We were not very impressed with the rooms. Granted we had a high floor and beautiful ocean view which was amazing, the room itself needs updating. Also the couch that pulls out into a bed for the kids is extremely uncomfortable. They did bring us a rolling twin bed which was very helpful. There are only 3 restaurants. 2 take reservations (which fill up by 8am) and the other is a buffet. We had the opportunity to experience them all and the food is just "okay". We normally get really excited about breakfast and their buffet was disappointing.

Room Tip: Best view is high floor, room right off the elevator (however that also makes it loud)
2  Thank TCM70

It was an honor for us to host your group of three families here with us at Velas Vallarta, and we are genuinely pleased that you consider our property to be beautiful.

Velas Vallarta, with its 28 years of true hospitality is perhaps one of the most reliable operations in the region. Our oversized suites help to make the family experience a beautiful one, 24-hours a day. And although they are not as modern as some of the new buildings that have been constructed lately, we do overcompensate with outstanding service and hospitality along with some of the most picturesque gardens, pools, and beach in Puerto Vallarta. And with our newly acquired Executive Chef, we do expect to be able to satisfy better the many different tastes and expectations that our guests bring us each month.

Thank you for selecting Velas Vallarta to host your small group of close families. We hope that for our overall price point, you consider a return in the future and allow us to make you feel at home, once again, with our warm hospitality, tropical ambiance, and new menus. Until then, we wish you and all members of your group a wonderful summer up in Gilberts, Illinois. Take care.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Our family stayed at Velas Vallarta for 3 days after moving over from a nearby resort where we stayed for a week. Velas Vallarta has the most beautiful tropical gardens, with fish ponds and within that lush gardens are three beautiful swimming pools, with a lazy river linking up two of them. This hotel has pool side food service in addition to drinks, the staff are the best, most friendly and efficient of any resort I have visited. We were also upgraded at check in to a one bedroom apartment. Thank you! The bed was a California King with comforters, excellent AC, a full kitchen stocked with snack foods/beverages and a pull out bed in the living room. We had a large balcony with comfortable deck furniture over looking the gardens/pools/ocean from the 3rd floor. The room was quiet and I had my best sleep on the trip here. We spoke to others who just loved to hang around their room because it was so comfortable. The PV airport is nearby and you only hear planes during the day. We made reservations at Andreas restaurant and the food/service was very good. The service from staff is really exceptional at this resort all round. We enjoyed the restaurant at the beach which didn't require reservations ahead of time. They had live music, I was very impressed with the lady who was singing during dinner. The beach has fewer vendors than others and the way the resort is set up, it felt more peaceful and less intrusive. I loved the main lobby of the hotel, it reminded me of a Grand Central Station with big arches. The crepe station with fresh fruit and toppings open from 8 to 8 was a big hit with my kids age 10 & 12, as well as ourselves. Entertainment was a Live Mariachi band, Mexican Dancers and balancing act was super. Poolside food/beverage service was great, service was fast and attentive, I didn't even need to ask for drinks when Ivan would bring me another one. My kids liked the pizza, fries and burgers at the poolside plus the ice cream/pastry bar near the beach entrance. I liked the Marina/Golf course location of this resort, I like to jog in the morning before its too hot and the streets are pleasant to run on in this area or on the marina. This was a true paradise, we look forward to coming back. Highly recommend this resort.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view over the gardens of the ocean
1  Thank Morten B

Thank you so much, Morten, for reserving with us those extra three nights, and sampling the Velas Vallarta brand of upscale, all-inclusive vacations.

There really is not much more that I can add to your already in-depth review only to say that you were in the unique position to compare two resorts. And I am delighted that you came away from the entire holiday highly satisfied and with great suntans to show for it.

On behalf of the 700 Velas Vallarta staff members, I thank you for sharing your personal experience with us, and we look forward to making your next stay a 10-night luxury experience. Thank you and best regards to all our friends in Surrey, British Columbia. Take care.