“Wonderful stay”

Ranked #8 of 124 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful stay”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Enjoyed our stay 4/14-4/21, our 2nd time here, we had wonderful service it was top notch, only complaint was the front desk at check in, they give you the 100% capacity excuse when you have a request after going through check in we went to the bar while waiting for our room which would not be ready for at least an hour, while at the bar all the people there went through the same thing cannot understand why it is so hard to get what you want without going through a hassle. To top it all off my credit card was rejected at the front desk and I was so embarassed but I had another one so no problem there, when I get home I call CC company they said the girl at the front desk typed in the wrong access code that was why it was rejected then when we go to check out, we were to receive a credit of $350 U.S, even though we gave them our travel vouchers when we checked in we had to give it to them again b/c they did not haveany record of them wouldn't you think that was enough? No had to call my bank to see why $300 was deducted from my credit card they said the Marriott put a hold on that amt so far I am still waiting for them to credit it back since we paid our bill in cash. Despite these problems with the front desk our vacation there was wonderful, the staff at the restaurants and the pool and the bell men who hail the cabs for you were all the best. The Presdient of Mexico was attending a conference next door so there were police and Secret Service all over the place. I will not let my experience with the front desk take anything away from the Amazing week we spent there with our family. The weather was cooler than usual at night and in the morning but warmed up nicely by the time the sun came out. Crazy weather this year in Phila it was warmer than Puerto Vallarta the beginning of last week now it is snowing in Northern Penna. Crazy!!!!! I am already wishing I was back in P.V, I love it so much it warms my heart when I get off the plane and look around.

Room Tip: We were 3rd flr garden and it was nice we could see the ocean.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Joann R
MarriottCasaMagnaPVR, Manager at Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We are happy to learn that you had a wonderful time both in Puerto Vallarta and our property, rest assure I will share your kind comments with our bell staff and restaurants team in order for them to continue to provide the great levels of service you experienced.

In addition, please accept my most sincere apologies for the inconveniences experienced with our front desk staff, after reviewing your comment, I went ahead and informed our team about this and rest assure we will prevent the reoccurrence of similar events from happening again.

We are open for your additional feedback should you have it, please feel free to contact our General Manager or Director of Rooms Operations at +52 (322) 226 0010 or at mhrs.pvrmx.dor@marriotthotels.com. Please refer to this review when contacting us.

Looking forward to host you in a near future,

General Management
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (750)
Canada
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I stayed for almost a week for work, and although I didn't get to enjoy the pools or beach at all, I can say the staff were excellent. We had rented a meeting room, and the staff at the Marriot (especially Elsa) did everything they could to accommodate our needs, almost immediately at times and considering the hotel was at capacity due to the WEF, this was remarkable The breakfast has a great variety to it - ranging from traditional Mexican food to Asian options. I tried Mikado - not the most authentic Japanese food, but the service was good and the food was certainly fresh. Mangos, the deli, also offers some good quick options if you're on the go. The beds are comfortable, and although the rooms are not very large, they offer excellent views of the beach. I think all of my colleagues reported having a good view even though we were in different parts of the hotel. Wifi can be inconsistent though. Also, the sound-proofing between rooms could use some work - I could hear my neighbour every time he came in (usually late at night and loud) so I had to use my earplugs to get to bed most nights. All in all, top marks for staff and amenities, but rooms and wifi could use improvement.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank EatnDrinknRoamn
lancaster ohio
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Just back from the mariott for the 2nd time in 2 years. Great as usual Pool was heated huge and awesome great service and smiling faces be back next year enjoy

Room Tip: ocean view a must
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 19 April 2012

We just spent a few days at the WEF meeting in Puerto Vallarta and stayed at the Marriott. Other than the typical large hotel that has small rooms and even smaller bathrooms, the service and the food did excel. The hotel installations are fine although a bit run down and do need maintenance. Our room had a great view but was small, even for Marriott and the bathroom a bit uncomfortable with complicated shower, too small and difficult to get into.
The food was very good, specially the breakfast buffet which we feel may be one of the best we have had in recent years, we were actually told that many locals got to the buffet on weekends! Lunch at the pool was very nice and dinner in their Japanese restaurant was also very good.
The gym is also one of the best we have seen in any hotel of comparable nature, really very well equipped and again great service.
If you do not mind the small rooms, the hotel has all the facilities you need to make a vacation memorable, speciall the nightlife and restaurants in Puerto Vallarta which we found excellent!

Room Tip: Basic rooms are small so you may need a suite
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank aphillips61
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I was there for business so i couldn`t enjoy the beach or pool, but the service is great and the breakfast buffet is amazing.
Service was very good