Perhaps the third time is a not a charm? This is my third visit... every visit over the 3rd weekend of February. We arrived Wednesday late (connecting flight aborted takeoff on active runway) but were still accomodated and our room was not given away. Very efficient staff that kept trying to speak American gringo English but I kept responding in Spanish... they finally gave up didn't try to pull a fast trick to get my credit card for their shopping spree.
Room 307 was a little disappointing. Sparse furniture, but very comfy beds. The balcony has a partial view of the ocean. The room location is rather noisy at 3 in the morning: stray cats fighting for territory at the abandoned construction site behind the room and thin walls/doors (loud moaning neighbors from adjacent rooms). Plumbing leaves a little to be desired. Bathroom fixtures are far from the hot water tank and thus, you have to leave the faucets running quite a while before you can step in the shower. Toilet flush needs to be jiggled from time to time. Also, sewage odors eminate from the shower drain.
Only two occurances where our towels were not ample: first night and Saturday. They had difficulties keeping up with laundry. First night because they weren't expecting that many guests. Saturday was because of weekend.
Compared to room 109, our room (#307) does not have a fridge to store food/beverages, the only room for chairs are out on the balcony, no table to leave our laptops, not enough electrical outlets to recharge, and the entrance alcove has a slippery wet floor (exhaust from room 308's air conditioning unit).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue Chairs Resort is located on the beachfront in the "Romantic Zone" of Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico, just a few short blocks from the center of town and entertainment. This beachfront resort is a few steps from restaurants, bars, shops and some of the most popular night clubs of Vallarta. When you stay at Blue Chairs, you will be in the heart of the gay zone in a luxuriously renovated resort in an elegant Mexican style. The Blue Chairs Resort, known throughout the world, is incomparable to any other local gay hotel and is the only such lodging in Puerto Vallarta with direct beachfront access and with deluxe services at a reasonable cost. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Blue Chairs Resort by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Chairs Resort By The Sea Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Hotel Blue Chairs Beach
- Blue Chairs Beach Puerto Vallarta