Hi Guys, I was honeymooning at this hotel 2 weeks ago (Feb.20, 2012). As everyone has mentioned, the location of this property is just right. It's a 10min walk from the boardwalk (the Malecan), as well as from the little cozy streets to wander around in. A lot of the reviewers kept mentioning that this property is old - I didn't notice. The lobby is spacious and open, the restaurants overlook the ocean, and the hall, rooms, pools are clean.
We had the all-inclusive package - we knew we'd be very tired after the wedding and didn't want to look for restaurants to eat at 3 times a day. So, the food was all right. My husband is a vegetarian and he had a hard time finding non-meat dishes to eat because lots of things had bacon added to them, like potatoes, quiches, soups. But I could eat everything and I really enjoyed the soups, salads, breakfast was amazing!!!! probably the best deal there... chicken was good; white fish was sometimes overcooked. But the deserts were great!
If you want to get a stronger drink at the bar, we found out that you need to tip the bartenders BEFORE your order (no more than 10 pesos, which is 1 buck).
To get from the airport, taxi will cost you 18USD. But the buses are safe and are 65pesos(65cents). As you exit the airport, bypass all the taxi drivers and make a left, go toward the big street. the buss stop is right there - or look for a blue sign with a buss face on it.... you don't need to cross the street, as you'll be going over the bright to the right.... Before boarding the bus, ask the driver if he is going to El Centro or just give him the name of your hotel........... Also, if you are super hungry upon arrival, across the street there are 2 Mexican family restaurants, we went to the smaller one and it was delicious!!!
If you want to book some recursions, the hotel charges you an arm and a leg; find guys on the street to hook you up and just don't give them the full payment until they get you there... Or tell the hotel person your price and they will work with you. Remember, it's Mexico - they make a living on ripping tourists off! Bargain!!! So, a few tips - a massage for one hour should be no more than 35dollars per person. A zip-lining excursion should be no more than 40bucks..........
Oh and one more thing, if you get peckish, don't forget to get room service - the quesadillas are amazing!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Treat yourself to an unequalled all-inclusive resort experience at the best location in Puerto Vallarta. Beach, sunshine, tropical setting, vibrant spaces with color and joy, we provide everything you're looking for. A breath-taking place to relax and enjoy a fun-filled getaway. Buenaventura Grand Hotel & Great Moments invites you to enjoy its all-inclusive program with its excellent cuisine, as well as numerous activities suitable for the entire family. Our 234 rooms and suites include all of the comforts and amenities you'll require for an unforgettable stay, regardless of the purpose of your trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Buenaventura Grand Hotel & Great Moments All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buenaventura Grand Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Buenaventura Puerto Vallarta
- Buenaventura Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Buenaventura Grand Puerto Vallarta
- Buenaventura Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta