“Good basic accommodation”

Hotel Posada de Roger
Ranked #16 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed 5 May 2012

Courteous and knowledgeable staff to book you in to the hotel. Rooms are clean and basic but the location is great if you want to stay in the heart of old town Vallarta. Great restaurants and cafes just outside the door and the beach is a short walk away. The air conditioner is not one those that blasts cold air on you. It gently cools the room and makes for a good nights sleep. The room we stayed in, #215, was on the side of the hotel which is on a major bus route so it was somewhat noisy. The room had a large window which made it somewhat more airy. Some of the other rooms have small small windows so they seemed a little claustrophobic to me. The bathroom in our room which smelly so that was unpleasant.

Room Tip: Because of its great location, the hotel is generally fully booked so you may have to take the room...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank EdG29
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 3 May 2012

Everything about the hotel was fine, except.......I had room 207 on the first floor (second floor by American thinking). On my first morning the bathroom floor was damp and wearing rubber shower thongs, I slipped and fell. I was not hurt, but the experience was rather unpleasant. There was a 10 inch (25 cm) step between the bedroom and the bathroom. I requested a room without a step from the bedroom to the bathroom and was immediately assigned room 110. Problem solved. There is a community kitchen on the top floor. Much of the food in the refrig looked as if it had been there for years. Yes, I paid US$5,00 a day for a refrig rental.

Room Tip: Request a room on the ground floor
1  Thank XchocolateX
Reviewed 28 April 2012

We really enjoyed our stay here in late March during our first trip to Puerto Vallarta. We prefer the smaller Mexican hotels and several people on TA had recommended this hotel in the romantic zone. I booked online and had a few emails back/forth prior to this trip - they were always prompt and helpful. We had a room on the second floor - nice!
While the rooms are fairly basic, they were always clean and well maintained. I absolutely loved the courtyard and the pool area - it was always welcoming to walk in, and see all the pretty flowers - very serene.
I found the staff very helpful and kind - whether with dinner recommendations or just general questions. You cannot beat the location - so close to everything! I would highly recommend staying here!

Room Tip: Ask - there rooms are all a bit different and they are happy to help you find one that will suit you...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank coalminer
Reviewed 25 April 2012

They didn't have my reservation when I arrived so the receptionist blamed "the new girl". I was given room 307 which was horribly small and dark. The noise from vacationing families was constant and loud. I was really looking forward to staying here but it was a disaster.

3  Thank danny97230
posadaroger, Gerente at Hotel Posada de Roger, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

Hola Daniel,
First of all I apologize for the inconvenience you had with the reservation.
The room 307 is a room for one people but we have bigger rooms for the same rate which we are glad to move the guest into if they are available or if the guest request it.
I hope you'll give us another chance and I promise you that the next time you will be satisfy with our service.
best regards
dario

Reviewed 21 April 2012

A very nice hotel in one of the nicest areas of Puerto Vallarta .
I stayed five nights here. At first I was disappointed coming into the city. It seemed hectic and noisy after spending a night in a much smaller town nearby. It turns out though when the hubbub of the weekend was over that this hotel was situated in a lovely part of town, (The Romantic Zone) which has charm and character. This area also turned out to be near many fine almost empty beaches.
I would definitely choose to stay in this area and at this hotel the next time I visit PV.

2  Thank rwagamama
posadaroger, Gerente at Hotel Posada de Roger, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

Hola !
thank you very much for the nice words you spent for us ! We look forward for your next visit !
best regards