If you are looking for an "authentic" Mexican getaway, this place is great! Simple decor, beautiful views, cozy studio-apartment like rooms and friendly staff.
I arrived to find no one in the shaded, tile lobby and the pool wide open. Walked around, waited... waited... finally a man came and signed me in, no ID or credit card check, just my name. Took the tiny elevator to the 4th floor with friendly staff, who opened the windows upon my arrival. What a view! Then to discover... there is no air conditioning. Nada. In Mexico. In JULY. I panicked and called hotels.com to move to a different hotel but then decided to wait headed to the Malecon. After tacos and cervezas, I returned to call La Siesta Suites my HOME for the next 10 days in Puerto Vallarta, and now I miss it like crazy. :-/
- Beautiful views of all of Puerto Vallarta - la playa, hotels, rooftops, Malecon
- friendly helpful staff and good housekeepers. If you need anything, just ask.*
*it helps to know espanol, and they appreciate it in coversation
- cute decor, very authentic, not fancy. If you want carpet, A/C and expensive room service, stay at a time share. If you want tile, fresh air and a cocina poqueno, stay here!
- close to everything, I walked everywhere even up the hills and stairs to La Siesta
- cute pool! open 9 am to 9 pm; fine to have lunch, drinks etc in the pool area
- the staff will call you a taxi from the desk to anywhere when you need one, any time
- water service. I drank a lot and cooked with my bottled agua. They bring you more
- huge cama - comfort level fine, cozy, fresh linens. many TV stations
- no A/C - muy calor and humid. But a rockin' ceiling fan to keep the big cama cool
- staff called me a cab to Mandala (visible from my room). The driver charged me 500 pesos for a few blocks! I learned quickly and started paying only 300 pesos
- odd hours and no front door key. If you return late, you wake up someone sleeping in the lobby. If you bring friends back for "one last round," they appear to disapprove, however, they do welcome you and make sure everyone is safe.
- drained the pool without notice. It was dry and unusable for several days :-/
- phone service unavailable. you can call from the front desk for... 200 pesos? Get a calling card and use the pay phone outside the hotel
- noisy day and night. At the top of a hill, sound travels. if you are not accustom to or enjoy city sounds - traffic, nightclubs, etc. bring earplugs to sleep!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Suites la Siesta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel La Siesta
- La Siesta Hotel