“Aspiring to be the best”

Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa
Ranked #14 of 124 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Beijing, China
“Aspiring to be the best”
Reviewed 11 April 2012

When I first arrived a Garza Blanca, I was immediately struck by how beautiful the facilities are, the natural surroundings, and the friendly staff. Also noticeable, however, was the annoying airport-counter greeter who was trying to convince us to join some timeshare presentation [my advice, decline!] and the spotty service when I first arrived at the hotel (eg. asked several waiters for a beer). I brought these issues up to the management, and I have to say that they went above and beyond to rectify the situation and to make sure that my stay there was relaxing and enjoyable. Paola at reception and Benicio (the GM) was extremely helpful in listening to any feedback I had to offer and constantly checked up on me and my friend to make sure the service and facilities were to our utmost satisfaction. In addition, the rest of the staff there, in particular, Samantha at concierge and Aldo at the pool were super friendly and helpful in offering local insight onto good restaurants, bars, etc in town.

I not only ended up spending a very relaxing week in Puerto Vallarta, but also made some great friends amongst the staff! I would say that aside from the natural beauty and amenities of the resort, the people there are Garza Blanca's biggest asset.

Thanks for making my trip as enjoyable as possible!

Room Tip: -There are free shuttles downtown a few times a day -The resort provide sunscreen, tanning oil, and...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (724)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 April 2012

My fiance and I have traveled all over the globe and this is by far one of the nicest resorts we've stayed in. The views, staff, intimacy, etc. made us not want to leave after our 8-day stay. Food- incredible. Drinks - Amazing. Beach - just lovely. Enjoy!

2 Thank Taya K
San Diego, California
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I just returned from my second time at the Garza Blanca resort. I was a little worried heading there for a second time that it would somehow me disappointing and not live up to my first visit. I was wrong; the resort has made some key improvements which made our latest visit better than the first. Some of those changes were the free shuttle which is available to guests throughout the day and the second being the improved quality of food and drinks at the poolside bar. Having free use of Paddle boards and Kayaks are a further bonus.
The staff at this hotel are just so hopeful and will do pretty much anything to make you feel welcome. I have eaten at each of the three restaurants and the addition of the new STK Restaurant at the top of the hill is a welcome addition. Just for the view alone it is a must. My girlfriend thought she was having a “Bachelor” type of date minus the Helicopter and the drama. Food was good at this restaurant, but I do wish Mexican resort hotels would turn to a different cuisine other than Steak or Sushi for their upscale dining option. It would be welcome to go to resort where the focus is on regional cuisine rather than options that seem to be designed to cater to their guests rather than the skill set of their chefs.
I have only stayed at Garza Blanca while in PV so I really don’t have any regional hotels to compare against but I have stayed at some resorts in Cabo and rest assured Garza Blanca is deserving of their 5 star rating, grounds are kept immaculate, pool is beautiful and clean and access to the beach and facilities is second to none.
OK so the only gripe I have with Garza Blanca and which I really do hope they would change is the quality of their bedding and towels. Sheets are very rough to sleep on at night and not at all comfortable, throw in some sun exposed skin and it literally feels like sleeping on fine sandpaper. Bathroom towels are of similar quality, very rough and not at all welcoming after spending a hard day poolside. I am planning to go back to this resort and will no doubt be packing some nicer sheets with me. It’s a shame would be a definite 5 star rating with better linens but have to take them down to a 4.

2 Thank Andrew M
Mexico
Reviewed 3 April 2012

This is my second trip to Garza Blanca. In this occation my niece got married and made the celebration at the hotel. Everything was so great, the sunset while the ceremony, the party, the food, the music and the views. It was an amazing evening and I really enjoy it. I would reccommend this hotel for any kind of celebration as the service and the quality are exceptional.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views. The sunset you cant miss it.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Nashville, TN USA
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Just returned from week stay at Garza Blanca. Can't say enough good things about the property. Beautiful resort with everything you could want. The developers have spared no expense while building this resort. One of the most beautiful pools we have ever seen. The staff went out of their way to provide exceptional service. At times it was a bit slow, but no more than anywhere else when things get busy. Overall, we were very pleased with the service. The quality of the food was excellent and we ate most of our meals at the resort.

Room Tip: One bedroom suite was wonderful.
2 Thank emcc