“I have years of experience in the fine food community, enjoy view”
Review of Vista Grill

Vista Grill
Ranked #13 of 1,016 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Price range: US$ 13 - US$ 26
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Seafood
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Perched upon a hill overlooking the entire city of Puerto Vallarta, Vista Grill is a culinary experience with a view to match. Offering Modern Mexican Cuisine with superb attention to detail, the Vista Grill kitchen is always using the freshest locally available ingredients. Perfect for large groups and celebrations, or romantic dinners overlooking the bay, Vista Grill is a must for your trip to Puerto Vallarta.
San Frnaciso
“I have years of experience in the fine food community, enjoy view”
Reviewed 1 March 2012

I have years of experience in the fine food community and this restaurant is fabulous the most impresive view combinated with excellent food and the best service.
This place is nice, the music is excellent
I will return soon

• Visited February 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

hopkinsville
“Not up to the great reviews”
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Had a table with "no view". Took three hours to have dinner....not worth the money or the wait. Serving sizes were very small.

Edmonton
“Don't Believe the Bad Reviews”
Reviewed 28 February 2012

We just wbout didnt go to the Vista Grill based on some of the negative reviews I was reading on trip advisor - but im glad we ignored them and went as it was a great experience. Although I've been to Peurto Vallarta many times, I had never been to the Vista Grill - and with us going home soon after six weeks of being here - we decided it would be nice to go for one last supper out on the town.

Getting to the Vista Grill is an exhilarating experience in itself - perched high on the side of a mountain over looking the bay and the romantic zone - you literally feel like you are climbing a roller coaster while driving up the narrow road to the restaurant. It's only sbout four blocks though and the cab drivers all know where the restaurant is. Walking from the main road would be a real work out. We took our rental jeep up the road and there was a nice parking lot for customers attached to the building.

We went on a Monday night at about 7:30 just as the sun was setting. It was about half full and the facility is beautiful - and the view is extraordinary. We were immediately seated on the open balcony at an excellent table. The tables are candle lit with largeted spot lights they turn on for each table so you have a "zone" of light for your specific table.

One of the things in other reviewers comments was how bad the service was - we must have been eating at a different restaurant because our waiter/s were excellent. We were greeted quickly, our food was delivered promptly, he spoke decent English and was very helpful. Even the finer points of service like delivering fresh wine glasses with a second bottle of wine was adhered to which many upscale restaurants have not included in their training.

The food was very good - not extraordinary - but still worth it's cost. I had the salmon ( 290 pesos ) and my girlfriend had the lobster ( 550 pesos ) which were both strong meals. The lobster tail was huge - ill bet 10oz and was prepared off menu as my girlfriend has a bell pepper allergy that they took seriously and made her a custom dish with not one word of issue. My salmon was tasty - a little under done for my liking but that's more my preference than a kitchen error.

We had shrimp pot stickers for an appetizer - they were tasty but had a mango cream sause that i would have preferred was more of a contrast. I'm not a big fan of mixing my flavors and the pastry shell of the dumpling would have been better with a teriyaki or even spicy Thai sauce.

The Caesar salad was good as well - it has a Dijon base which was unique in its contribution to the flavor of the dressing. It was served with a deep fried slice of Parmesan that is like a cracker which was interesting.

The Vista Grill has an extensive wine list - we had a medium priced bottle of a Chilean Pinot noir that was suggested by the waiter and was priced at 400 pesos.

As someone who has spent way too much time in Peurto Vallarta, I am almost embarrassed to admit this was my first visit to the Vista Grill - and although it's not the type of place you would go to every second week - if you are looking for a romantic dining experience or a perfect place to get away with a group of friends this is your place.

One last note - I noticed some of the negative reviews were from Vallentines day - which is a big deal in PV - even the Outback was packed for lunch. A leading romantic restaurant like the Vista is going to be swamped - and as a restaurant owner myself I know first hand on busy days how hard it is to keep service standards up as your staff are doing everything they can just to keep up to the crush of orders and demands. The experience we had last night was the exact opposite of the negative reviews I read from others and as a seasoned veteran of the Puerto Vallarta dining scene - this is a highly reccommended restaurant that should be included in your dining plans.

2 Thank webcanada
australia
“FABULOUS VALENTINE´S DAY :)”
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I paid my dinner before Valentine´s day and I had very nice table with flowers.
My husband was very happy with view, table, food and the service.
We had the most wonderful evening.
This is the best Restaurant :)

Rehoboth Beach
“Excellent and above”
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Dined here many times and have always had an excellent experience...Far superior to many come at 8pm sms watch the fireworks for desert..Ask for table 38