Villas El Rancho Green Resort
US$ 82
US$ 76
  • Pool
Hotel la Siesta(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$ 39
  • Pool
The Inn at Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$ 130
US$ 120
US$ 75
US$ 90
US$ 87
Ramada Resort Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$ 98
US$ 94
El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$ 113
US$ 97
Azteca Inn(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$ 48
US$ 41
El Cid Marina Beach Hotel(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$ 140
US$ 115
  • Pool
All reviewsupstairs master bedroompeace and quietgolden zonea great vacationoceanmexicoresortjacuzzijosepoolsideel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 February 2012

My family has been to the Villas at El Rancho twice and I found the hotel was entirely what you hope for in a vacation. There was enough room for everyone and everything worked as well as you would expect. The really great parts of El Rancho are the views, the staff and the restaurant. We had a beach side Villa both times we stayed there and the view truly is spectacular. The Staff are very friendly and helpful. I forgot my purse in the restaurant and one of the staff members personally brought it back to me at my Villa which I am incredibly grateful for. The restaurant has really great food and also has good service.
One of the other really nice things about the resort is that it is right on the bus routes so you can easily catch a bus into town(which is much cheaper than taking a taxi).

I really enjoyed my time at El Rancho and would recommend it to friends.

Reviewed 11 February 2012

After 21 years of Spring Breaks at Villas El Rancho my family and I finally spent Christmas 2011 there. As always, the facilities and staff were excellent. In March 2010 my daughter had a destination wedding in Mazatlan. Eighty four friends and family stayed at the El Rancho in a most memorable experience. Again, the El Rancho and the staff were up to the demands, both in the villas and the restaurant. The El Rancho has been perfect, especially for children. The El Rancho is on the beach, has multiple pools and is off the main road. The resort is relatively small with 29 villas and is ground level so it has no elevators. The plush grounds are kept immaculate. We plan on going back to the El Rancho for many many more years and give it our highest endorsement.

Reviewed 9 February 2012

We decided to go back to this resort for Christmas, for a second time, and were not disappointed. We go with our large family, which includes late teens to grandparents, which the Villas can accommodate easily. We've only stayed oceanfront and absolutely love the unit we've been in. It is clean and bright and offers an "old mexico" charm. The poolside villas also look lovely. The only complaint our young adults have is that you can only get wi-fi around the pool but they survived and probably wouldn't have minded so much if the weather would have been warmer! The gardens are beautifully kept and the staff is friendly and helpful. The on-site restaurant has great food and we visited it often. We enjoy this area of Mazatlan as we feel safe and it is peaceful and quiet yet if you want more action you can take a short bus or taxi ride into the Golden Zone. When in the Golden Zone we did certainly notice that the economy has taken a hit here, as with everywhere, with a lot of shops shut down but it looks like it is slowly recovering and there were good deals to be had. I'm sure we'll be back to Villas El Rancho Green Resort.

Reviewed 5 February 2012

We took our family to El Rancho for Christmas 2011 and had a wonderful time. We love the beach, the lush gardens, the private villas, and the quiet, laid-back atmosphere. And the food in their restaurant was superb. The weather (and pool) could have been warmer but we adapted in the hot tub, and walked more. We frequently walked or ran all the way to Cerritos Point (past The Rui) to a great coffee shop/internet cafe, The Looney Bean. Nearby we could watch the surfers. We like the area. There is evidence of a recession all over the city but also signs of recovery.

Reviewed 5 February 2012

We stayed at the Villas El Rancho resort for 10 days at the end of January. I usually don't write reveiws but this place was too good to not share with others. My girlfriend and I came for a much needed vacation and we were very pleased with our choice. We were greeted at the airport and taken directly to the resort. There are trees and plants every where you look. It looks like a little oasis! We reserved a poolside villa and it was very impressive. It was not new, but very clean and bright. The people who work here appear to be very happy to be there and are very friendly. We spent some quiet time alone and enjoyed both the pool and the private beach. There is also a very romantic jacuzzi where you can watch the sunset. Most of the guests that we spoke with were there to relax and enjoy some quiet time too. When we wanted more action, the staff happily suggested places for us to visit in town and helped arrange transportation too. The restaurant La Fonda is very nice, It has great margaritas and makes the best food too. (We had a seafood platter for two including lobster for only $39!) It was a very relaxing and quiet place. The individual units makes it feel like you are the only people around. We greatly enjoyed our stay and will be back again in the future. Thank you to everyone there that made our vacation so great!

Room Tip: The poolside rooms are just a few steps from the beach
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple