Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Motel Marley(Mazatlan)
  • Beachfront
1,965 results
All reviewscasa robertogolden zonejoe's oyster barocean viewshrimp factoryzip lineitalian restaurantbeach servicebeach vendorsbeach areathe hotel is cleanhotel restaurantnorth sidemexican fiestaopen airmain poolcommon areas
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 April 2012

My wife and I have stayed at the Playa Mazatlan six times. The last being in 2005. Prior to that my parents, sister, and brother would visit annually. Because of the drug violence in Mexico, my wife and I no longer feel safe travelling in Mexico. It is a shame because over the years we had made friendships with hotel staff, beach vendors, taxi drivers, and various shop keepers. We miss your hotel and the warmth of the Mexican people.

I can say we have never been disappointed with the service provided by the Playa Mazatlan. The rooms very clean and your staff always pampered everyone. We hope to return someday. I would like to introduce our six year son to the charm of Mexico.

Thank you for the wonderful memories..................

Please note to leave this review I had to chose a date. June of 2005 was our last visit.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

Dear valued guest (Sheridan 3),

I would like to begin by thanking you for making this comment; I feel that loyal guest have always been the backbone of our industry and hearing that although absent for a couple of years you still think of us, is flattering. I would love to speak more about your safety concerns, so that I may solidify you visiting us once again. I moved back here after 12 years abroad with my three daughters (1, 4 and 8) and wife, all blonde, blue eyed American girls; at first I had my concerns due to the news and travel warning, but after coming here I realized that it is no more dangerous than Los Angeles or Phoenix.

This place is paradise to me and the Hotel is a reflection of the true Mexico, our staff just a daily reminder of why it is nice to come visit and relax as a Family. I would love to regain you as a guest so please don’t hesitate to contact me directly with any questions and/or concerns, as a member of the family of owners and management staff, it is important to me.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon, and I again thank you for your time and comment.

Best wishes and Safe travels,

Reviewed 10 April 2012

well, not a 5 star hotel. but for the price, you can't go wrong. fantastic breakfast buffet every morning. the service is all wonderful. rooms were clean, my friend screwed something up in his room, and could have easily and justifiably been charged big for it, they laughed it off without thinking twice. perfect location. cant think of a bad thing to say about the place. I got sick, they had a nurse on site, and called a doctor for me. house keeping and room service went out of their way to bring me things and help out. In my opinion, this is the best hotel to stay at in the town.

research mazatlan well before you go, as with visiting any big city, use your head, walking down dark allies in the middle of the night in mazatlan is a bad idea.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2012

Dear valued guest (tommyj62983),

Thank you so much for your positive feedback, I am happy to hear that the traditional no holds barred service is still in play on our property and we were able to facilitate you with medical attention. I would love to have the opportunity to show you some of our remodeled rooms in future so we can change your mind about the rating, and show you what we have to offer. Please feel free to contact me direct if I can be of service in future. Thanks again for your time and consideration.

Best Wishes and Safe travels,

Reviewed 28 March 2012

Returned to the Playa for the 4th time and it was again - perfect. We went in a less busy time in April and were still pampered from head to toe. Traveling with a family raging from a 5 year old to an 85 year old was no problem (their nap times were in sync). The 5 spotless pools offered different vistas, temperatures and depths, suiting all preferences. If you are a beach ocean person, look no further. The Playa has the best and longest beach location with groomed sand, cabanas, and attentive waiters. Go early to get your own Palapa and then kick back and enjoy. After sun and sea, check out the excellent ocean view hotel restaurant. Watch the sunrise and plan your day; watch the sun set and relax with live music. The breakfast buffet is fantastic including many authentic dishes, fresh fruit and cereals for the granola groupies, and omelets/eggs made to order that are exquisite. Be sure to ask for the bacon, it is to die for, crisp, lean and addictive. The dinner menu is my favorite with excellent fish dishes and very good beef. Again, the menu is always fresh, delightful and served by staff that become like family. While the hotel is like a little oasis on to itself, it is also centrally located to the Malecón, one of the longest promenades in the world (super for cycling, rollerblading, walking and people watching), and the Golden Zone. The Playa staff are so welcoming, remembering us all by name, from year to year. Since it is a popular hotel for Mexicans and Canadians alike, the Playa offers a wonderful, welcoming and memorable holiday!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

Dear valued guest (858385),

I am writting to thank you for such a positive post on trip advisor. It is always great to come in to positive feedback and recognition, thank you for taking the time and for being a continued loyal guest of our facilities. We strive to offer teh highest quality service and it seems it is paying off with you and your family. We look forward to having you again next year. Please feel free to contact me direct if I can be of service or assitance in scheduling your next trip.

Best Wishes and Safe travels,

Reviewed 20 March 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights over a weekend in one of their newly remodeled beach front rooms. Room was a nice size and stocked with great amenities (sodas and beer) in the bar. The bathroom was a bit of a let down (shower smelled and vent was fairly week), but it worked for washing off the sand. The food here is decent and inexpensive. Had a massage at the spa and enjoyed the service and price. This is not a four seasons, but a decent beach side hotel to lay back and relax in a low key environment.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank TripNLuxe
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2012

Dear valued guest (TripNLuxe)

I would like to begin by thanking you for taking the time to write a comment about your stay here at our property. I am surprised to hear about your experience in our showers as we usually get a high rating, I will personally be taking the time to see what was going on in your room. I would as well invite you to visit our website to see some of the varied options you have available here. I will also thank Alejandro (our SPA representative) and let him know that he received mention from some of our international guest. Please feel free to contact me in future if I can be of any service in selecting a room for your next stay.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 17 March 2012

We recently attended a wedding reception at the Playa. It was full of old world charm.. a cocktail reception was held on the terrace with a miriachi band as the sun slid into the ocean. The dinner in the ballroom was delicious and expertly served.
We were guests at the Playa and had promised the bride's mother that we would look after setting up and decorating the wedding cake that she had brought with her. After a very stressful hour trying to get the cake to stay stacked and apply the icing, we realized we needed help.
Elizabeth Regalado, the concierge, cheerfully came to our rescue. Although the kitchen staff was very busy with the food preparation for the wedding, they rose to the challenge and did a great job.
The staff is wonderful. The waiters were prompt and cheerful, our room was spotless, and the personal trainer at the gym is very helpful.
The food has improved from our previous visit two years ago.It is tasty with very large servings.
It was a very enjoyable vacation.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2012

Dear valued guest (footlooseCanada),

I would like to first begin by thanking you for your continued loyalty to our Hotel as well as taking the time to make such a positive post. I love hearing positive feedback especially when specific people and work areas are pointed out. I will personally congratulate them on going the extra mile. I hope the rest of the wedding party as well enjoyed their stay and celebration and hopefully we will have the honor of helping you celebrate other events in future. Please feel free to contact me direct if I can be of any service.

Best Wishes and Safe Travels,