“Still a truly outstanding hotel”

Ranked #6 of 79 Hotels in Mazatlan
GreenLeadersGold level
Sierra Vista, AZ
“Still a truly outstanding hotel”
Reviewed 29 April 2012 via mobile

This is either our 5th or 6th time to stay at this hotel. The Mexican buffet breakfast is absolutely wonderful. Right they are running specials, and we got one of the rooms with balconies on two sides, small kitchen, 4 free beers a day, free sodas, and free drinking water. I only wish that we could go back tomorrow. Go to their web page to see the specials.

Stayed April 2012
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Dear valued guest (akinken)

I would like to thank you for your continued loyalty and king comments on Trip Advisor about our facilities and services; as a member of the management staff and the family of owners it is always a pleasure to hear that our guest are leaving happy and satisfied. We look forward to serving you again soon; please feel free to contact me if I can be of personal service.

044-669-913-4754
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
Dallas TX
Reviewed 17 April 2012

My wife and I have stayed at the Playa Mazatlan six times. The last being in 2005. Prior to that my parents, sister, and brother would visit annually. Because of the drug violence in Mexico, my wife and I no longer feel safe travelling in Mexico. It is a shame because over the years we had made friendships with hotel staff, beach vendors, taxi drivers, and various shop keepers. We miss your hotel and the warmth of the Mexican people.

I can say we have never been disappointed with the service provided by the Playa Mazatlan. The rooms very clean and your staff always pampered everyone. We hope to return someday. I would like to introduce our six year son to the charm of Mexico.

Thank you for the wonderful memories..................

Please note to leave this review I had to chose a date. June of 2005 was our last visit.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Dear valued guest (Sheridan 3),

I would like to begin by thanking you for making this comment; I feel that loyal guest have always been the backbone of our industry and hearing that although absent for a couple of years you still think of us, is flattering. I would love to speak more about your safety concerns, so that I may solidify you visiting us once again. I moved back here after 12 years abroad with my three daughters (1, 4 and 8) and wife, all blonde, blue eyed American girls; at first I had my concerns due to the news and travel warning, but after coming here I realized that it is no more dangerous than Los Angeles or Phoenix.

This place is paradise to me and the Hotel is a reflection of the true Mexico, our staff just a daily reminder of why it is nice to come visit and relax as a Family. I would love to regain you as a guest so please don’t hesitate to contact me directly with any questions and/or concerns, as a member of the family of owners and management staff, it is important to me.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon, and I again thank you for your time and comment.

Best wishes and Safe travels,

Bemidji, Minnesota
Reviewed 10 April 2012

well, not a 5 star hotel. but for the price, you can't go wrong. fantastic breakfast buffet every morning. the service is all wonderful. rooms were clean, my friend screwed something up in his room, and could have easily and justifiably been charged big for it, they laughed it off without thinking twice. perfect location. cant think of a bad thing to say about the place. I got sick, they had a nurse on site, and called a doctor for me. house keeping and room service went out of their way to bring me things and help out. In my opinion, this is the best hotel to stay at in the town.

research mazatlan well before you go, as with visiting any big city, use your head, walking down dark allies in the middle of the night in mazatlan is a bad idea.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
Dear valued guest (tommyj62983),

Thank you so much for your positive feedback, I am happy to hear that the traditional no holds barred service is still in play on our property and we were able to facilitate you with medical attention. I would love to have the opportunity to show you some of our remodeled rooms in future so we can change your mind about the rating, and show you what we have to offer. Please feel free to contact me direct if I can be of service in future. Thanks again for your time and consideration.

winnipeg
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Returned to the Playa for the 4th time and it was again - perfect. We went in a less busy time in April and were still pampered from head to toe. Traveling with a family raging from a 5 year old to an 85 year old was no problem (their nap times were in sync). The 5 spotless pools offered different vistas, temperatures and depths, suiting all preferences. If you are a beach ocean person, look no further. The Playa has the best and longest beach location with groomed sand, cabanas, and attentive waiters. Go early to get your own Palapa and then kick back and enjoy. After sun and sea, check out the excellent ocean view hotel restaurant. Watch the sunrise and plan your day; watch the sun set and relax with live music. The breakfast buffet is fantastic including many authentic dishes, fresh fruit and cereals for the granola groupies, and omelets/eggs made to order that are exquisite. Be sure to ask for the bacon, it is to die for, crisp, lean and addictive. The dinner menu is my favorite with excellent fish dishes and very good beef. Again, the menu is always fresh, delightful and served by staff that become like family. While the hotel is like a little oasis on to itself, it is also centrally located to the Malecón, one of the longest promenades in the world (super for cycling, rollerblading, walking and people watching), and the Golden Zone. The Playa staff are so welcoming, remembering us all by name, from year to year. Since it is a popular hotel for Mexicans and Canadians alike, the Playa offers a wonderful, welcoming and memorable holiday!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Dear valued guest (858385),

I am writting to thank you for such a positive post on trip advisor. It is always great to come in to positive feedback and recognition, thank you for taking the time and for being a continued loyal guest of our facilities. We strive to offer teh highest quality service and it seems it is paying off with you and your family. We look forward to having you again next year. Please feel free to contact me direct if I can be of service or assitance in scheduling your next trip.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights over a weekend in one of their newly remodeled beach front rooms. Room was a nice size and stocked with great amenities (sodas and beer) in the bar. The bathroom was a bit of a let down (shower smelled and vent was fairly week), but it worked for washing off the sand. The food here is decent and inexpensive. Had a massage at the spa and enjoyed the service and price. This is not a four seasons, but a decent beach side hotel to lay back and relax in a low key environment.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank TripNLuxe
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this review, 31 March 2012
Dear valued guest (TripNLuxe)

I would like to begin by thanking you for taking the time to write a comment about your stay here at our property. I am surprised to hear about your experience in our showers as we usually get a high rating, I will personally be taking the time to see what was going on in your room. I would as well invite you to visit our website to see some of the varied options you have available here. I will also thank Alejandro (our SPA representative) and let him know that he received mention from some of our international guest. Please feel free to contact me in future if I can be of any service in selecting a room for your next stay.

Best Wishes,