“Fun family restaurant”

Lety's Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 458 Restaurants in Mazatlan
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

We arrived at Isla de Piedras around 10 AM and were greeted by David. He invited us to come make ourselves comfortable at Lety's, spend the day; swim, relax and if we needed sustenance, they could provide that as well!! He assured us that this family run restaurant was clean, had restrooms and great food! David didn't make us feel pressured or uptight, rather we felt welcome. After we explored a while we decided to take him up on his offer. We got settled and had the most refreshing blended lemonade! Lunch which followed was delicious! I tried the grilled kabobs and my hubby had the shrimp cocktail. Generous portions made it impossible to finish the meal. It was neat to hear other couples come in and greeted the staff like old friends. Two groups had been returning for over 20 years, and I can see why! The cook thanked me and shared that his mom had begun the restaurant with nothing and the family had built it up to what it is today. I encourage you to support this family run restaurant... you'll be happy you did!!

Reviewed 1 December 2017

My husband & I met the owners (Felipe on the water taxi & his sister on the land taxi to the beach). As it turned out, we were also traveling with the fresh-from-the-fish-market shrimp that was used to create the best coconut shrimp we've ever had. It was a warm and welcoming experience; we felt like family. A joyful space, great staff, and we were made to feel so comfortable. I can't speak to all the other restaurants on Stone Island, but I can say that I don't think you could do better than this and when we go back to Mazatlan, we'll be visiting Lety's again.

1  Thank BeachCottageLife
Reviewed 15 November 2017

David....wow....what a great person to look after us.....first put and umbrella up for us out on the sand.....then two loungers.....then the first two "Pacifico's".....sat and chilled and went in and out of the water....had lunch....the coconut shrimp.....best I think we have ever had and more beers......the food, atmosphere, personal attention, weather, water made the day one to remember for a long time......thanks....two Canadians....and guess what the whole day....cost only 300 pesos.....what a bargain....

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

Excellent food and even better service. David took care of us. Very friendly and relaxing atmosphere. He really went above and beyond.

Reviewed 1 November 2017

We like to stay at Lety's, they've got great coconut shrimp, cold beer, fresh water shower and you can rent boogie boards to have some great fun.