“Great place to stay”

Park Royal Mazatlan
Ranked #63 of 80 Hotels in Mazatlan
Reviewed 15 February 2012

We just got back from an amazing 2 week stay at the Crowne Plaza Mazatlan. We had booked the trip in early 2011 after finding an all-inclusive deal that we couldn’t pass up. Truth be told we were a bit worried about what we would find when we got there based on some of the reviews; however, we discovered right away that there was absolutely nothing to worry about!

A recent change in management seems to have improved things at the Crowne. The property itself is immaculate, our room was great (beds were comfortable, which is saying something for anywhere in Mexico) and the staff were, in a word, incredible. They work extremely hard to ensure your every need is taken care of and we’d like to give a shout-out to Rossalio, Ernesto, Hugo, Wendy, Jose, Horacio and all of the staff at the Crowne – thank you so much for making our trip extra-special!

The food was always fresh and was served in a timely manner. There was sufficient variety on the menu to keep us satisfied for the entire two weeks of our stay. When we made a special request they were more than happy to create the meal of our choosing from items on the menu. The wait staff brought drinks to us at the pool/beach as well as items from the snack menu. We especially enjoyed the club sandwich.

If you are looking for a resort that has nightly entertainment and multiple pools/restaurants/bars then we would recommend looking somewhere else. However, we would highly recommend the Crowne Plaza if you are looking for a beautiful place to RELAX and hang out by the pool/beach. You are sure to enjoy the baby-powder sand beaches, amazing sunsets, clean and bright facilities, great staff and impeccable service. Mazatlan is a beautiful place and is safe for anyone who uses common sense when travelling…give the Crowne Plaza a try, you won’t be disappointed!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RepeatTravelers
pedro l, Manager at Park Royal Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

Dear RepeatTravelers,
Thank you for taking the time to complete this review. We are more than happy to know that you had an enjoyable experience in our resort.
I appreciatte all of your kind words about our employees and our services. We will continue on improve better ourselves hoping to welcome you again in the future.

Kind regards

Pedro Lizarraga
Crowne Plaza Mazatlan

Reviewed 19 January 2012

While the people are genuine and helpful, simple expected and services such as clean towels, bathroom tissue, high speed internet and room keys that work for more than one day at a time are lacking. The pool is clean and inviting but the deck charis are oftne not clean or repaired. Our room dorr handle took 8 days for the hotel staff to repair to ensure we could lock our room! We had no functional wireless high speed internet in our room (and no wired option) and had to take the computer into the hallway or the lobby to use it. Our room was cleaned every day but we had to call down more than once for bath tissue. The towels by pool side were often out and we had to wait for more.

Room Tip: keep to the lower floors, I heard from other guests their rooms had fewer issues
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mkowalson
pedro l, Director General at Park Royal Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2012

Dear mkowalson:
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of the Crowne Plaza Mazatlan.First of all I would to apologize for the inconveniences you had during your stay. I am pleased to introduce myself as new General Manager of the hotel. One of my first tasks was to read the many reviews posted in tripadvisor. I will be addressing the issues you have pointed out in your review. We have implemented a program to ensure all areas are clean and made some changes in the wifi wireless system in order to avoid any problems in the future. We are looking at a number of improvements as we go forward in 2012. Please feel free to contact me directly with other comments or suggestions at gerentegeneral@mazatlancp.com , I can assure you that it will receive my personal attention and follow up.
Thank you for your kind feedback.

Best regards,

Pedro Lizarraga
Crowne Plaza Mazatlan
gerentegeneral@mazatlancp.com

Reviewed 22 December 2011

my family travelled to mazatlan to visit in- laws, so this hotel was booked by my sister-in-law without me knowing anything about it...but very impressed..BEAUTIFUL, very nice staff, and wonderful rooms. the only negative thing i have to say is the restuarant was no good, the staff was nice but the food was a poor attempt at american cuisine...i highly recommed this hotel, i felt safe and felt as if everyone was very helpful

Room Tip: seemed that all the rooms were nice, but make sure you use the taxi company the hotel recommends we...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 November 2011

I stayed here for work. I chose the hotel because of the Crowne Plaza Brand and thought it would be one of the best. Upon arrival, the staff was very attentive, welcomed me and acknowledged my Priority Club Gold Status (which was a nice gesture).
By the time I walked into my suite I saw something was missing. I'm not complaining but, for the Crowne Plaza Brand this hotel is missing something that I can't put my finger on. My room had a jacuzzi (nice although I didn't have the time to use it) a nice beach view and an empty mini bar. The bed and its linien looked a bit old. Compared to ther Crowne Plaza properties I've had the fortune of visiting, this one does not meet the standard but, anyway is a nice place to stay. Please keep in mind that this one is quite far away from almost anything and the closest thing you'll find is an Oxxo (convenience store) quite close to it.
Finally, I ordered room service and I enjoyed my dinner as well as the service.
Overall, I would reccomend this place, however, don't expect the luxury of other Crowne Plaza properties.

Room Tip: Seems all rooms have a view.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank jesusjruiz
Reviewed 3 November 2011

We stayed here in October of 2009. It was absolutely amazing. Hotel was beautiful, the pool was amazing, and the service was exceptional.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
gelsey, Director of Sales at Park Royal Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review.
We truly appreciate your words and i will share them with the rest of our staff.
Hope to see you again soon.
Regards.,