See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 November 2016 via mobile

Though I travel frequently to Manzanillo for business reasons I regularly stay into another place not so close to the port facilities, so I decided to give this HIE a try. I only stayed one night but even it was not what I expected. The staff at the front desk very kind and I had a swift check in. However the room assigned to me on the 6th (top floor) was very hot and with a noisy air conditioner and smelled of humidity. The size of the room is fine with very basic furniture, same as the bathroom and shower. Breakfast is included which is fine though there are not so many options. In short, I think that for just one night, if you travel alone and just need a bed it is OK, but for than that I would stay at another place.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
3  Thank David A
HiexpressM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manzanillo, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2016

Thank you for your comments. We'll be checking the air conditioner.
We would have liked to hear your concern about your room prior to your check out, to resolve at the time. Once again thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

Unlike your standardized Expresses in the states internationals offer that chance for a little change with still having most of the amenities you expect.

Location: This hotel is in the industrial zone so don't expect beaches, bars, walking distance restaurants and late night clubs. If you aren't driving and don't speak Spanish you might feel a little isolated. Note: the hotel will drive you in their van pretty much anywhere if it's available. A plus for the airport which is 40ish miles away.

Rooms: I only stayed in the executive suite so I can't say anything about the other rooms. As gold elite I expected a decent location; however, I was put on the first floor next to the office with a lovely view of the parking lot. Initially the room was decent with 12 foot ceilings and a glass divider between the bedroom and office area. The room has a lot of space; however most unused space. There is no fridge, no microwave, so don't expect to keep anything cold for long on just an ice bucket. The king bed is closer to the firm side and the shower is a huge walk in. A few English channels on the tv too.

Staff: This is by far the best thing about this hotel. With all honesty it might be the best holiday inn express staff I've ever dealt with. All speak English well and go way above and beyond your needs. It's the only reason I didn't check out after the first night.

Others: The breakfast is superior to U.S. HIE's with an assortment of Mexican, American cuisines, fresh fruits and many others.
The laundry service is amazing and incredibly cheap.

Lastly and this is a must: They offer a variety of local take out menus and they'll order it for you. Sonora Meats is the must have if you're staying in. Trust me when I say "you'll be hooked". It's hard for me to say this but I'd take it over In N Out any day (some might understand this bold statement)

Overall, because location and the room amenities mean the most to me I wouldn't stay here again unless I had easy transportation or spoke better Spanish.

Stayed: September 2016
2  Thank jleeney
HiexpressM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manzanillo, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2017

Thank you for your comments. As you mentioned, our hotel is in the financial and port area of Manzanillo. We would like to please all our visitors with a more touristy location, however due to the infrastructure of our small town, we have become a hotel preferably for the business traveler.
Thank you very much for each one of the details commented, we will consider them for the possible improvements that we can implement.

Reviewed 18 August 2016

We stay every year at this hotel. It really is a business or quick weekend type hotel. It is not on the beach or near restaurants. So if I was taking my Mexico trip for vacation this is not the place for you.

However if you are on business or need a quick weekend place, this place is a great hotel. Very friendly and helpful staff. Clean rooms and a pool to cool off. The breakfast is one of the better for this type of hotels.

Room Tip: I like to higher up rooms for a better view of the city and harbor.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Dean R
HiexpressM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manzanillo, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2016

Reviewed 25 July 2016

First off, the staff at this Holiday Inn is extremely friendly, and to be commended. Things go downhill from there. There is only 1 ice machine, and it's on the Lobby Floor. Incredibly, if you want ice you have to bring your bucket from your room on any of the 6 or so floors, in order to get ice. The TV's are all outdated plasma screens which had some channels that were hardly discernable. Had to constantly ask for pool towels, even when there as few as 2-3 people using pool. Breakfast was unbearable with flies competing for the food. They were to serve drinks (2 per person), the evening we arrived 7/21/16, however, when we arrived at 7:30 PM, there were none to be had. These "Bebidas de cortesia" were from 6-8 PM. When I asked the front desk, the young lady said they had finished them all. Upon asking when the manager would be in the next day, she then offered and brought out a bottle of red wine. Quite honestly, I was totally disappointed with my stay at this Holiday Inn Express. Take goodness our stay was for only 2 nights. I might add the I brought all this to the attention of the Sales Manager the following morning, and she agreed thsat I should complain. Finally, I gave the hotel 3 stars only because of the employees couryesy and the beds were very compfortable.

Room Tip: If you want easy access to ice, breakfast, and the pool choose lobby level
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Alfie711
HiexpressM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manzanillo, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2016

Thank you for your recent review. We apologize that your stay did not meet expectations. We appreciate your comments and will work to continue making improvements in our services. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, so that we can provide a better experience.

Reviewed 24 May 2016 via mobile

We conducted a one week training program at the Holiday Inn Express in Manzanillo, Mexico. At first we were disappointed by the location of the hotel which is quite a distance from the beach, and restaurants. Much to our surprise and gratitude, Juan Emannuel , the general manager, and Victor Sanchez Arias, the desk manager (?) took us under their wing and made our stay perfect. Transportation to and from restaurants, beaches and shopping was provided on a moments notice with a smile. My wife accompanied me on the trip and came down with an abscesses tooth on our second day. The hotel managers and staff located a local dentist and Victor drove her, stayed with her to assist in translation, and returned her to the hotel after stopping by the pharmacy for pain medicine. He took her back that night so the dentist could perform a root canal and clean out the infection. He stayed with her throughout the ordeal and returned her to the hotel late in the evening.

Service like that was provided by the staff for all of our party with Juan and Victor frequently making sure our needs were met for our rooms, meeting room, equipment, and refreshments. To say the least we were very happy with our hotel despite it being off the beaten path. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and highly recommend it for both personal and business travelers.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
HiexpressM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manzanillo, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2016

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. It was our pleasure to assist you , it is our philosophy to make our guest feel welcome and at home. Makes us happy that you were happy at our hotel and we hope you will visit us again.

Warmest regards