1,351 results
All reviews snack bar ocean view a lot of fun buffet restaurant a la carte small bay make reservations tennis courts week stay mexican food teatro sand mexico resort pesos fernando waves
Reviewed 1 March 2007

Where all these negative reviews come from is beyond me. The room was pretty nice. We have gone to about eight resorts through Mexico and the Carribean, and it was comparable to most 4* resorts. The view from the balcony was breathtaking as we were on the 12th floor and getting up every morning to look at that view was amazing! and the sunsets "WOW" The elevators were sometimes slow, but you are on vacation so relax and wait an extra minute, big deal! The food was OK. Morning omeletes excellent ! Snacks at the beach restaurant were also excellent, the burgers. the breaded fish and the wings! also have to have a "Dirty Monkey" at the bar. When you are at the "Italian Restaurant" definitely ask for a Spanish Coffee. It's delicious and they put on a great show! If you feel like leaving the resort and walking around the area, we walked every day and felt completely safe. There is only one pool and if you want a chair you should be prepared to ;have someone get up early and go claim them. Wonderfull location and would definitely return to this resort if the price was right. It's rated as 41/2* but in reality it's probably a 31/2*-4*.

Stayed: February 2007
7  Thank goosaroo
Reviewed 28 February 2007

We just returned from 2 weeks at this hotel and I've got to say that is was one of the best of many times visiting Mexico. The service was great, our room had a private veranda with loungers as well as a table and chair set. The pool area was very well kept, service was great, the food was very good and activities ran 24/7. They basically thought of everything to make your vacation a memory not to soon forget. Everyone was complaining about the elevators being so slow, but it appeared that many should be using the stairs if you know what I mean. I wish that they could have controlled the old saving the place around the pool deal as many of the condo owners got up early to secure places both on the beach and by the pool. This meant many spots sat empty while guests tried to scramble out of the sun. It's hard to police but if you want a spot in the shade plan on getting up early on your vacation as the hotel truly needs more spots for the fair skinned. I wish that the smoking could have been controlled better in the lounge as the band was great but because of my health condition, I couldn't dance in the smoke house. All in all a great place to go!

3  Thank rstew
Reviewed 27 February 2007

There were four of us that went to Tesoro Manzanillo and we had a beautiful time. We would recommend the hotel to anyone. We went in the middle of February and the weather was great every day.
I am a 22 year old paraplegic in a wheelchair. As I had spent a year in the hospital my family really needed a break. We were told the hotel was accesible but by international standards you never know what that means to them.
They actually had wheelchair rooms with towel rack heights suitable and a bathroom with a hand held shower nosle. We were also offered a suite which was huge and was great for wheeling.
Right as we pulled up to the hotel there was a huge ramp to the top in which a staff member was ready to wheel me.
Everywhere I wanted to go in the hotel had a ramp so I could enjoy the same as the rest of the guests. If there was a step at all someone was always there to help.
The location of the hotel is incredible. It is in its own bay and has amazing scenery. Being 25 minutes from the airport and from downtown Manzanillo makes it more relaxing, slowpaced and quiet.
The staff always has something for the guests to take part in. From morning excersises to very entertaining shows at night. You can keep busy or just relax at the pool or beach.
The food is repetative but there is enough variety to make meals different. The omelets in the morning are amazing!
I would like to add that I dont think Tesoro's website does any justice for how nice the hotel is.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
6  Thank bambi84
Reviewed 26 February 2007

myself, my husband, sister and brother-in-law, just got back from a one week trip to the tesoro resort. We honestly cant say enough good things about our stay. The food was fantastic, the people were friendly, the entertainers were great, and the atmosphere was perfect. Im not sure what these people who are complaining, were expecting when they got there, but we have no complaints at all.

Stayed: February 2007
4  Thank geraldinesask
Reviewed 26 February 2007

We stayed at the Tesoro on the week of the 16th of February to the 23rd. The whole experience was Fantastic from start to finish. Last year we were in the Dominican Rep.and this resort blew the other away hands down. We were checked in within minutes of arrival and the staff was both courteous and apollagetic as we had asked for an ocean view and none was available at check in but would be at noon the next day, and it was. We moved ourselves and upon returning our keys to the first room the font desk was appalled that we didn't ask for bell hop assistance. Yes there were 2 elevators out of 3 working serving 19 floors so you may have to wait 2 or 3 minutes, or take the circular staircase with a breath taking view on each level you asscend or descend. The staff was fantastic and if you worked on your Spanish (hola, gracias, danada) they literally bent over backwards to assist in any way. SUN SUN SUN on the beach at the pool or cabanas and no peddelers anywhere, but if you wanted there was a flea market on the right hand side of the beach that we didn't even find out about until our second last day there. For a treat there is bus service at the door and you have to take that ride, what a hoot. Yes there were reserved lounge chairs that weren't used that you could see but we had no problem getting something on the beach, pool or cabanas just by walking around snagging what we could and moving when something else or better became available. We weren't impressed with the Italian restaurant, but Duh your in Mexico and the Pasta and sauces were excellent in the a la carte restaurants anyway. Maintenance was on going while we were there, and while the hotel staff speak very good english the maintenance staff don't but speak to them in your lousy spanish and they to will greet you everytime you pass them. There is so much more, J.C. the Air Transat Rep and his assistant Rosy, the creperie, Salida at the Omelet Table (may never have an omelet again, at least not like those.) the coffee, the pool staff the entertainment, we could go on and on. If you' ve traveled you will definitly enjoy yourselves here.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank sunfunwebbwood