1,358 results
All reviews master suite ocean view a lot of fun small bay teatro shows mexico buffet vacation resort pesos waves servers
Reviewed 30 January 2010

A group of six decided to get away for a cheap holiday which got us the Tesoro in Manzanillo. The saying "you get what you pay for" didn't apply here. Plain and simple - it was awful. We are out more than we are at the resort and we aren't picky eaters but we enjoy fruit and veggies which were very limited. Rooms - small, old and smelly. We had rooms in the tower on the 9th floor and got our workouts walking up the stairs because more often then not the elevators did not work especially our last day when we had to carry our luggage down the stairs to leave - not impressed. Beach is rocky - loungers in short supply unless you sent someone down early in the morning to save them but even then someone would move your towels. Swim up bar was a joke - mostly a place for kids and wasps to hang out. All is all the six of us were more than happy to leave. Next time we want a cheap vacation we'll stay home, save our money until we can afford a nicer hotel. Manzanilo itself is a great vacation spot but I'd stay at a nicer resort like Barcelo Karmina next time.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank RockkyRegina
Reviewed 28 January 2010

I just got back from the Tesoro and had an amazing time. The food was good, the staff was friendly. The beach was beautiful and the view from the room was perfect. Sure, there was a cracked tile or two and a non-functional lamp in the room, but who cares. The Tesoro doesn't claim to be a 5-star hotel, so you can't expect perfection. In terms of value for money, I thought it was wonderful and I'd definitely recommend it. The four people I travelled with also loved the place. Although it may be a little bit past its prime, it's beautifully arcitechted, has loads of character, and is in a great location, near everything.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank anaisToronto
Reviewed 21 January 2010

we were been there in Jan 4, 2010, before we go there we look all the comment make us confuse because some said bad some said good. So we prepair to go there it should be worse, but nooooooooo, the hotel so beautiful the staff so nice and friendly, our room on 14th floor so we enjoyed the fresh air and cool air from the sea. Only the food is almost the same everyday so make me feel don't want to eat buffet. The restaurant so nice Mexican and Italian food so good we love the way they serve so nice and respect the guest, the view from the hotel look out is so beautiful make me felt like I'm in the castle mansion. Any way I would recomment people should go there it cheap nice and worth for the price you paid. The show is excellent all the acter and actress they work so hard and their perform so perfect. Thank you Maco (I hope it right) the MC of the show he alway make people laugh and we joined in their Decade show we won the Tequila ( Rock and Roll talent show) anyone go there will remember it. so much fun. so I vote your hotel is number 1.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank lonahamilton
Reviewed 15 January 2010

I never write reviews as the ones I have ever read about different resorts weren't very accurate but I gotta give this one a thumbs DOWN!!! We booked 4 rooms for our group and every one of them had something wrong from no bathroom lights to half the tv channels to door locks not working. This place is really run down, the pool is small with lots of kids playing in it even though they have a seperate kids pool. The swim up bar was right next to a set of steps and of course that is where the kids would be, taking up the seating or splashing everyone sitting at the bar. The food was the worst I have ever had, we tried to do alot of tipping but that got you absolutely nothing at all, no extra towel art, flowers etc. Pool closed at 8pm which is fine but then enforce it........when druck girls are in the pool at 2:30 in the morning yelling and screaming, where is security? As gorgeous and calm as the location is, I would never ever go back there again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank builderguy2
Reviewed 12 January 2010

Good food, nothing spectacular. None of the water sports were included, despite our package stating they were. I am sure we could have tracked down our rep and complained, but we didn't. They only have one lounge chair per room, so to get one for the day you have to go to herculean efforts, waking up at 6 am to go down and put towels on the chairs and have one person in your group watch them while others have breakfast etc. That was annoying. If you get annoyed easily and can’t try to make the best of a situation, you will hate this place. BUT FOR US, IT WAS STILL AN AWESOME VACATION AND WE HAD A BLAST. If you are going in December everywhere else is cold (Cuba, Dominican, etc.) or windy with clouds and rain (Mayan, etc.) The Pacific Coast of Mexico is always hot hot hot and sunny during that time. We had 7 days where there wasn’t a cloud in the sky and the coldest day was 28C. You could snorkel right off the beach. There were sting rays a few metres from the shore. If you are afraid of things like that, then the Pacific coast probably isn’t for you. DO NOT GO TO THIS RESORT IF YOU ARE ALLERGIC TO BEES. Just don’t. The pool bar is absolutely infested with them. One person in our group was stung in the mouth because of a bee in her drink. She wasn't allergic, so her slurred speech was a source of amusement during the trip. The resort is outdated, but met our needs. We were on a high floor and it had an amazing view of the Pacific. The entertainment staff was entertaining, and not annoying. We went clubbing at Natilius, which is a pirate / Titan themed bar I recommend. We had a blast. There is a Walmart nearby (by your souvenirs and alcohol there). The ATVing with zip cord trip was awesome. A portion of the trip includes hiking up a mountain for a full view of Manzanillo. The smokers in the group did not enjoy that portion much, but the view was amazing. The locals were welcoming and friendly. No begging what-so-ever. To the right and left of the resort portion of the beach it was a public beach. If that bothers you, don't go there. It was authentic Mexico and it did not feel like a tourist trap at all. If this is your first vacation ever, you will probably be disappointed that it doesn't include all of the bells and whistles. If you are a seasoned traveller who is just looking for somewhere decent, fun, exciting and hot and dry, you should give this place a whirl.

Date of stay: December 2009