1,361 results
All reviews master suite ocean view a lot of fun small bay teatro sand shows mexico buffet vacation resort pesos waves servers
Reviewed 8 August 2017

The good, the rooms were clean, the air conditioning worked well, and the staff are great. Some of the bad for us was, the beach is not really for swimmers(some rip tides and in a small bay), food is average at best(much was tasteless), the hotel was 40% full and the pool was packed, and lines to eat, thus I can not image how busy this place would be at 100% full hotel.

We will probably not return, the staff is their saving grace for me.

Notes: You do have pay for the internet if you want to use it and we reserved rooms with and without ocean views and all of the rooms got ocean views, so we should not paid extra for one room to have ocean view in hindsight.

Room tip: Try to get rooms on higher floors for views
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank DeanRIowa
Reviewed 30 April 2017

This is a nice resort great for young families with little kids. No loud drunks at this resort not one... The food was ok I like more variety. They did have 2 a la cartes. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The bed was a little hard but if you ask for a foamy they will get you one right away. The staff are friendly and accommodating . I wish I spoke better Spanish . The beach was nice ... careful of that very hot sand... the pool was great with one swim up bar it closed at 5. The lobby lounge was closed during the day open after 5 ( if I recall) The hotel itself is very nice it has so much potential. The Sunwing rep Francisco Romero Anaya was super. Very caring ... I hurt my foot the 2nd day there( no fault of the hotel~ it was my "shoes" fault) which was a drag as I couldn't go to the gym or walk-on the beach. They provided a tensor , a change of room to one closer to the elevator (less walking for me) , a wheelchair which I didn't want and crutches which I used for a bit. The higher the room the nicer the view ... If I hadn't hurt my foot I think I would have had a better time... maybe next trip !

Date of stay: April 2017
2  Thank ADR555
Victor M, Director General at Tesoro Manzanillo, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Dear Guest

In the name of Tesoro Manzanillo people we appreciate the time to share your experience in Trip Advisor, this comments help us to continue working in look for quality of service. We celebrate that you enjoy the great views; we are working in upgrade all our services, new furniture for rooms and new bathrooms will help to improve your experience at Tesoro resorts.

Reviewed 10 April 2017

We arrived at the hotel on Wednesday around 4:30. We checked in and we were told that if we wanted to eat we should go directly there as the lunch buffet would close at 5:00. We chose to put our bags in the room first. Upon opening the room there was a distinct smell of mold - I turned on the air conditioning with the fan and went downstairs to grab a bite to eat. While it was later the food was still there and was slightly warm at best. We got something and went back to the lobby to check out how things worked. We went to the concierge to make reservations for that evening at the alacart restaurant we were told - no openings for that evening as they were full. Attempted to make reservations for the other nights, but again told we could not, we would have to come to the concierge each day at 9:30 to do so. We went to the lounge to see what we wanted to do about dinner that evening as the lunch buffet was less than appetizing. Tried to hook up to the wifi which only works in the lobby - but to get the password would cost me 70 pesos for 24 hours use. Went to get a drink and was told that the "top" shelf alcohol was extra not included in this all inclusive hotel either. To get Grey Goose Vodka I would have to pay an additional 90 pesos per drink. I was again less than impressed and this was within the first 2 hours. I told the concierge of my displeasure that none of the "additional charges" were published on their website. She came into the lounge and gave us a reservation for dinner at the "full" alacart restaurant and she told me I could get a 50% discount on the cost of the wifi. I declined and told her the price wasn't the issue - but none of this information was on the website. No where could we find additional charge for better alcohol; charge for password for wifi which only worked in the lobby; every day sign up for dinner at their restaurants unless you wanted to go to the buffet! While at the alacart restaurant the center page of the menue showed meals that if you ordered you would be charged additional funds, over 140 - 180 pesos in addition to the cost you paid up front. The claimed mini bar had 2 bottles of coke and 2 bottles of water, if you wanted to refill them there was a charge. It is amazing how many things are NOT INCLUDED in this all inclusive and I find it hard to imagine that I would return to this hotel for any reason and this is rated #6 of resorts in Manzanillo. The staff was more than courteous and extremely welcoming, however the practice of slipping in additional charges is unacceptable and I truly can not imagine every returning to this hotel

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
49  Thank _msantrim
Victor M, Director General at Tesoro Manzanillo, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2017

Dear Guest in the name of Tesoro Manzanillo people we appreciate the time to share your experience, regret not having met your expectations, the feedback of our clients in very important for us. We celebrate that you value the friendliness and professional staff of the Tesoro People. Tesoro Manzanillo become a new resort now our rooms have brand new furniture includes flat screen and new AC, we are renovating our Bathrooms this investments will offer comfort and functionality complementing the beautiful views form the rooms balconies, we also finished the 4 elevators and a new theatre for shows are amazing, Our all-inclusive package is very complete, all meals buffet style, a la carte restaurant Fine Mexican and fine Italian cuisine ( you can find a good dishes some with seafood with no charge only Lobster a Jumbo shrimp have extra), snacks, room service one per day, all drinks house brands you can find a good selection (only the premium brands are charged but all inclusive have 50% off) , daily stocked minibar with water and soft drinks, waiter service at pool and beach area, all this information are in our web page ( service with additional charge) our goal is that our guests spend an incredible time with us.

Reviewed 6 April 2017

We booked our vacation last minute for a great price so kept our expectations low.
We arrived and were taken to a room on the 5th floor with the most amazing view, the room was clean organized and spacious. Buffet had a good selection of food and the A la cart restaurants were very good, the resort itself is a 3.5 star, needs some minor fixing and attention here and there but the staff and service make up for it .
We will return to the Tesoro for sure.

Room tip: Room 543 has amazing unrestricted view of the beach and bay.
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Victor M, Director General at Tesoro Manzanillo, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2017

Dear Guest:

in the name of Tesoro Manzanillo people we appreciate the time to share your experience in Trip Advisor, We celebrate that you experienced memorable moments and enjoy the beutiful ocean view from our rooms, we are glad that the Tesoro Manzanillo People makes you feel at home, this comments encourage us to be better and fore sure we will be working in Up grade our beautiful resort facilities, all our repetitive guest are so Important for us.

Reviewed 6 April 2017

My mom and I just got back a week ago. I have many great things to say, there are a few tweaks that could be improved and that is why I didn't give it a 5 star but still I cannot complain, I will focus on the good.

The people were friendly and kind, especially enjoyed my omlet lady and Fernando from the snack bar. The ala cartes were incredible, the presentation and taste, wow! yum! I enjoyed the buffet big time. I have had to stick to a no sugar low acid diet but I found there were several options available for me, which had ample choices plus many choices for my sugar and bread lovin' momma. I enjoyed the fresh juices, green, beet, there was fruit juices too.

We went on a tour (which I posted a review) of Manzanillo that was a highlight of our trip and actually our only venture off the resort. It was a eat/sleep/read/rest/tan week basically for recouperation.

I loved the gym. Here is where they could improve - many machines not working. There were however a few working, lots of free weights, mats, excercise balls and if you're not addicted to a cardio machine there are always several other options in a gym so I didn't let that spoil my fun. The one day the regular attendee had on vacation they opened 1/2 hour late, other than that, very greatful for the large and bright atmosphere.

Another area of improvement is the language barrier but we wouldn't let that get us down either. Some couldn't understand very simple things like tea and ice water. so then they didn't bring it and therefore we just asked someone else.

The final area for improvement was the weekend invasion :), A bus/es came from Mexico City apparently and flooded the resort for 2 days taking over the pool area. This didn't hinder us to badly but there were some people that didn't enjoy that to much.

All in all the rooms and halls and things were clean and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I'd go again in a heartbeat and the price was definitely more than fair for what we got.

Room tip: we had a room with a view of the ocean and pool, no extra charge.
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest

In the name of Tesoro Manzanillo people we appreciate the time to share your experience in Trip Advisor, We celebrate that you enjoy your vacation and the a la carte restaurants, we are glad that the Tesoro Manzanillo People makes you feel at home, we are working in all the suggestions you mention and the Hotel will be Up grade in our Rooms included bathrooms, new elevators, Up Grade in our restaurant, we want that live memorable experience in our resorts.