1,359 results
All reviews master suite ocean view a lot of fun small bay teatro shows mexico buffet vacation resort pesos waves servers
Reviewed 7 April 2008

My Mum and I have just returned from a week at the Tesoro Manzanillo Resort, we stayed from March 28th to April 4th.
The weather was fantastic all week and the service was magnificent. We met loads of staff that made us feel very welcome and they were very friendly and helpful, they went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable and memorable. The food and entertainment was fantastic as well as the views from the beach and the room we stayed in. We would go back and stay again for sure. Thanks to all the staff, including Payo, Fernando (Mr. Hockey), Mara, Brittany, Jesus, Enriquez, Patti (best of luck with the new baby), Rosie & Jean Clement (JC) & also Eduardo for a HoLiDaY of a LIFETIME! We will see you all again very soon!

CHEERS & HOLA to all the wonderful people we met: Tracy & Mary, Mike & Lise, Tom & Sue, Larry & Sue, Angie, Emma & Kate, Mark & Sherry from Minnesota

~Ann & Katie Morris <3

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank KMorris2008
Reviewed 28 March 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed at Tesoro from March 14th-21st. I haven’t been on a vacation in 14 years and I had the time of my life here. We were looking for a week of sun and rest... and that's exactly what we received! This resort is absolutely beautiful… the employees are wonderful and go out of their way to make sure you are happy. The rooms were very clean and the mini-fridge was restocked everyday. We were on the first floor right in front of the pool so it was wonderful in the mornings when you had to reserve a seat as all we had to do was throw our beach towels from our backyard area! The breakfast was very good… a large assortment of goodies to choose from. The fresh omlette’s were amazing! The taco stand is really good as well, the best tacos I’ve ever had! We didn’t eat dinner too much, but from what we had it was good as well. The buffet restaurant has great hours so we didn’t have to rush around The pool was a little chilly most of the time, but refreshing when your out in the sun for a while. The swim up bar wasn’t too packed, but the other side of it was always busy. When you sit around the pool or on the beach there are always girls coming around serving drinks so I didn’t find myself going to the bar very often. The beach was beautiful and well maintained. They always had activities for all ages to do on the beach as well. The Saturday flea market was awesome… it’s about a 40 minute walk from the resort but well worth it to see … you can get some great bargains there as well! If you walk about 40 minutes the opposite direction of the flea market there is a Wal-Mart, Burger King, Subway, Dominos and Burger King if you need a little bit of home ;)… There are also two malls, one before and after Wal-Mart that have a lot of great stuff. We got Mexican soccer jerseys for 500 pesos which was a great price for a jersey. The weather is the same everyday… hot and sunny! It hasn’t rained there since October 17th! Overall the week was perfect… I really couldn’t have asked for more. I will definitely be visiting this resort again!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
4  Thank danni-toronto
Reviewed 25 March 2008

We really enjoyed the Tesoro Manzanillo. The hotel was really pretty and we had a great view of the ocean. It was very clean and the dining was nice. We were outside and near the ocean almost the whole vacation. There were little things that weren't perfect like half of the elevator buttons didn't work. I think the only drawback to this resort is that the recreation space wasn't quite big enough. There weren't enough chairs around the pool or at the beach ever. Spots under the umbrellas were staked out early and we only got them one day! Also since there is only one pool they did all of the activities there and it was hard to have quiet relaxation near the pool. The beach was clean and safe and quiet. Manzanillo was a great town to visit. Very safe and clean with lots of activities. We had no problem getting around the hotel and town with our limited Spanish.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
5  Thank VanessaMN
Reviewed 21 March 2008

This was our first trip to Tesoro. My husband and I travelled with our two sons, ages 5 and 6.
This is a breathtaking area, approx. 25 minutes from the airport.
The hotel itself is a little run down but it is still quite beautiful.
The food is good, not great, all things considered. However, the tacos are amazing and they have them most days for either lunch or dinner.
The beach is okay. Swimming is definitely dangerous unless you are a great swimmer, so the boys could not go in the ocean. We did see a puffer fish on the beach, that was cool.
Entertainment staff are excellent.
My only complaint is that the KIDS CLUB is not a supervised kids club like is stated. The waterpark is great and is obviously supervised but you cannot leave your children there and you are not permitted to bring in a beverage. The supervised activities do not really exist...meaning that in the week we were there, one day I saw a staff member making t-shirts with some older girls who had to buy the shirts in the gift shop before hand.
Anyway, we had a wonderful holiday but there was no break. If you do not need a break, this is the place for you.
I also recommend this for people who can not get around very well as it is a small resort with elevators and little distances between things.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank snapperToronto
Reviewed 20 March 2008

we have been to the tesoro 9 times and we always have fun we were there in feb 2008 just a small group this time 17 for us.The staff is so good if you find anything wrong with your room ask for Ruben he will try and make you happy you can trust all the staff and we do leave things out and it is there when we get back and i did i dumb think i left my dig camera in the lobby and went to town for the day when i came back i asked at the front deck to see if they had it and they did WOW that wouldnt happen here in canada it would be gone that is why the staff there are so good. The food is good lots to pick from and i wish they had shimp there and more see food but then we would have to pay more for the trip. The best place to see the fish in on both sides of the beach you dont have to go far. We have become friend with the general manager wow can he golf we have been to many other citys in mexico as we try and go to mexico 2 or 3 times a year. Some are 5 star but not as fun and the staff are not as good. If your looking for fun this a place to come as they will pull you up on stage and do things with you to make you stay great.Last year we met the owner and his wife .Real nice people we chatted awhile and he asked me about are bands on are arms they were VIP band he said you have been here before . He ask if we had be to ixtapa but i said not yet that was last year in feb2007 so when we went home about 3 weeks late we went to the tesoro there . the staff was great the manager sent fruit and wine to are room sent a van to take us to the airport we were like a king there and not just us all the other guess had a great time. best time to go to manzanillo is jan /feb/

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with family