1,349 results
All reviewssnack barocean viewa lot of funbuffet restauranta la cartesmall baymake reservationstennis courtsweek staymexican foodteatrosandmexicoresortpesosfernandowaves
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Excellent value , incredible service , delicious food , great entertainment !!! I honestly recommend it . The staff is very friendly and the hotel has several amenities . I was there very close to Christmas and the staff was having their Christmas party and me and my friend were cordially invited !!!

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank maribela_14
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Before is seletected this hotel I confirmed if this was optional AI hotel and was was told it was, so i opt for no AI. Well after traveling two days and arriving to the Hotel. I was told it was mandatory AI. Since we were not prepared we only stood 4 days instead of 7 days. I counted everyday down before we left. That said, Here is my take on the hotel. I would never recommend this hotel, it very run down, broken tiles, fixtures, half hangin curtains, but clean. Pool water was brownish at best. The only prostive was pool staff entertained every day all day. This is not a two star hotel. I made the best of it, the Al food was the same everyday, fish, fish soup, white rice with vegal, smashed beans, chicken mess, just to name a few. Then the left overs which are not used are made into other dishes for lunch or breakfast and dinner the next day. There to two elevators which sometime work, beware. I travel at least 5 times a year to mexico and recommend areas and hotels. This Hotel and Manzanillo will not be recommended to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
10  Thank EQtravels
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Me and my family stayed at this Hotel for 1 night, it was recommended to us because of the all inclusive, we got there after lunch time and at the check in point we were told that if we did not have reservation they would credit us a little bit for missing lunch... We enjoyed our stay, they have several activities for adults and kids, the night show is okay, their food and variety is good and service is also very good.

Room Tip: All of their rooms are ocean view, I noticed the king size bedrooms are in a different side from the 2 full size beds. The 2 full size beds are right in front of the pool.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Yolis-CA
Reviewed 3 May 2012

I was at Tesoro Manzanillo for a conference for 5 days. As we arrived, we noticed the facilities in general were old/outdated but fairly clean. The conference rate was fair and, as far as I heard, they offer good packages/deals for a week( esp. for working class Mexican families from neighboring cities). Since there was a fair at the neighbor state of Aguascalientes, there were a lot of Mexican families taking over the facilities and if you wanted to swim, you needed to do it very early in the morning. Otherwise you would find the pool full o f kids and very hyper adolescents with no room to even stretch your arms.

The rooms were clean when we got there but the next couple of days the cleaning lady didn't really do her best and we found sand in our beds and all around the room. The bathrooms were extremely old; the bathtub was so old that it wasn't white anymore and you could see all the rust around the faucet.
The food, well, for the price we paid, I guess we shouldn't complain about it but after 3 days, we decided to eat out (downtown).
They have one main pool, not that big and a nice kids' area with 2 small pools and slides, a little bit secluded from the main area but perfect for babies and toddlers.

Their nightly shows were short, enough to relax a little bit and go to bed afterwards. The Nirvana lounge offered free alcoholic drinks, and again, for the rate you paid, don't expect strong drinks or snacks to complement the drinks.

The staff in the evening was decent but it was Mauricio (night shift) the only one very attentive and helpful when I requested room service after hours (close at 11 pm).
If you want to visit Manzanillo with your family on a tight budget, this is your hotel but if you are planning a romantic getaway with more luxurious facilities, please go somewhere else.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 5th floor (almost ocean view), the ac worked fine but there were many birds nesting and their chicks were very active during the night so stay away from that area if you want to sleep through the night.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank gaby s
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Nice hotel, great staff, decent food-great price for an all inclusive. My only complaint would be that we were under the impression that we had a balcony and upon check in we were told we wouldn't-then the windows in the room don't open and our AC wasn't cooling anything. I go to Mexico for the heat so I didn't mind but my significant other suffered at night. Snorkeling was awesome-so was walking into town and their bus tour Only other issue would be a lack of lounge chairs near the beach-if we weren't up by 6am there weren't any left for the day and ppl would put towels on them for hours without coming back. I think the staff go above and beyond which is awesome, but it could use some more night life entertainment for 20-30yr old guests other than cheesy vegas style shows (not my thing at all) but a dance club or even dance music in the bar would have improved our stay

Room Tip: higher floors have windows that don't open and no patio=very confined feeling esp with broken AC
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple