All reviews sized bed comfortable king excellent hosts stayed here for nights chahue bay walking distance santa cruz fresh fruit la crucecita beach club fidel facilities suite toilet pesos loungers pool
Reviewed 2 March 2016 via mobile

The rooms were a bit overpriced but clean and interesting. The hotel grounds were a bit run down but I feel that this is because there are not a lot of tourists and the costs of keeping on all of the fountains might be too high. I love the look and feel of the place but it was very quiet and a bit desolate. I didn't not visit the spa but it looked like that's had some interesting packages. The location was good for us as well like to walk everywhere and it was a short walk to Santa Cruz or crucecita town.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2016

We stayed at Xquenda for three weeks in 2014. Awesome place....wonderful management and staff. It was then that we experienced massages with Janet! We returned in 2015 and again this year for a few wonderful massages.

The classic Swedish Massage is both relaxing and restorative. I always feel renewed when I leave. The massage is complete...including your face and scalp!

While the hotel is not large, the rooms are all beautiful and well kept, the pool is lovely and if you wish, you can have breakfast in the morning for a small additional cost.

Can't wait to visit next year!

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2015

I checked into this place and was right away amazed. It is a boutique hotel with very few rooms and lots of amenities for a place like that. It has a 25 metres pool which is excellent for swimming laps. It feels like a place the indigenous people down here would have set up and left it for us, the tourists. So authentic compared to the concrete building resorts beside it. I was really lucky and got the suite as an upgrade. Wow, thats the only thing I can say. On the other side the standard rooms are out of this world too. It's close to the beach and a 5 minute taxi ride to centro of Crucecita. The fare is a negligent 25 pesos. The town is amazingly clean and it feels very safe.
Barbara and Fidel are the perfect hosts and try to read your minds in order to please you. It was the perfect end to my five weeks in Mexico. It was absolutely the most quiet and beautiful place since I stepped my foot into this beautiful country. I highly recommend this place

Date of stay: December 2015
1  Thank swimthebeach
Reviewed 4 October 2014

Only six unique, artistic rooms, each with a terrace overlooking the small public park and the ocean beyond. The spa is reported to be first rate but I am a lap swimmer so I spent my time in the 25 meter outdoor pool that has three lanes. The only drawback here is no food, though in high season you may get breakfast. But the best breakfast in the area is a 15 minute walk over the hill to Santa Cruz where the kiosk in the middle of the square serves very good breakfast and excellent coffee. If you don't want to go that far there are two other restaurants closer in hotels, maybe more in high season. But the coffee is like dishwater.

Date of stay: October 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank RobertitoL
Reviewed 21 September 2014 via mobile

What a beautiful hotel. The facilities are great, a lovely 25metre pool, a shallow pool to keep you cool while you are sunbathing, great rooms and big comfortable beds with views over a stunning public garden (very peaceful), spa is beautiful with Mayan paintings on the walls, a tamascal too :-)

The only down side is there is no cafe, snacks or drinks you can get there, well there wasn't when we were there (maybe it was low season) so you either ended up going hungry for the day because there aren't many places walking distance and you didn't want to move as you were so relaxed, or you were forced to walk along the beach to what it seemed the only place to eat- an over priced beach club with hardly any food for us vegetarians!

Other than that it is perfect, friendly staff, great breakfast, clean rooms and great grounds.
And away from all the massive hotels in Huatulco! Peaceful and serene- a great hotel for couples :-)

Date of stay: August 2014