All reviews private pool tangolunda bay luxurious resort small hotel a minute cab ride showing its age terra cotta ceviche suite mexico pools pesos maintenance ocean tlc privacy camino
Reviewed 12 February 2016 via mobile

The restaurant. Beautiful location with awesome views. Clean and good service. The problem is the food. I do not care how much food costs, just as long as it is reasonably done. My wife and I ordered two cocktails. My Mojito was super sugary with little mint for 165 Pesos. We ordered some Calamari starter that was overcooked. My wife had a duck breast that was undercooked. I ordered a tbone steak that was basically an arracherra. For 2100 pesos it was truly the worst meal we have had on our trip. I eat street food, comidas with the locals and everywhere in between. To finish it all off when we called a taxi the resort had a private car take us back to our Casita. The driver tried to charge us double. If I could give zero stars I would. Over and out.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Nin0rth49
Reviewed 24 January 2016 via mobile

We went to the restaurant for a delicious breakfast. They have a four courses breakfast for $250 Mexican peso. The attention to detail starting with the bread and fruit presentation was great. They also feature natural fresh squeezed juices (o.j., grapefruit and green juice).
I tried the Oaxaca eggs and my friend tried the Oaxaca tamale. They were both very delicious.
I will definitely come back. It's pricey but very peaceful.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 December 2015

After quite some difficulties in the Quinta Real in Puebla, it was nice to see that how a Resort can perform when Senior Management is on "Top" of the operation and keep a close focus on Superior Performance Values that positively impact Guest Experience from decoration, cleanliness, professional skill knowledge and attitude.

We were not able to stay at the Resort because the number of rooms requested from our side were not available, however we were able to inspect other areas of the resort.

We had dinner in their Restaurant with an Excellent and very knowledgable staff, well trained in English as well.

The only down turn kind of thing was the "life music", excellent selection of music just way to loud to have a conversation.

We most of all appreciated 2 of their Restaurant who walked the "extra mile" to make you feel home and want to come back Mr. Marco & Ricardo, outstanding guest courtesy and approach to clients even when they (as we were) are challenging with a strong mind set on our side.

If I were in need of mid Management Staff I would hire both, run them by a "Management
Training Programs" and while doing so assure my next generation of "Brand Ambassadors" for Quinta Real !

One can find lots of staff for the right price, however "attitude" is not on the shopping list and these 2 Service Staff Members did make a great difference and showed "we care" not easy to find our-days !

The Food was great, excellent presentation, very tasty served on hot plates, if at all I would recommend to Management to buy additional plates in order to prevent the need of servicing the "Chefs Food Taster" on a cafe cup underliner !

The prices for the food in my view were spot on, the wine menu however was quite on the high side even for a 5 star resort.

The room rate for this Boutique Resort and the Season of the year starting at around $ 400 USD are in line with what is offered!

My complements to Management and Staff !

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 December 2015 via mobile

I have traveled the world. This was simply the most beautiful location and property I have ever visited. With the finest service from the greatest service oriented staff in the entire world. The staff makes the entire visit special and someting you will never forget.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2015

We have been at the hotel in November 2015. We took a Suite with private pool.
Great room, balcony and a spectacular view from every point. All the staff was
highly attentive, especially Ruben the roomboy, Abel and Luis from the front desk.
The bed was incredibly comfortable, various couches were great. The bathroom
had a wunderful Jacuzzi with windowvew over the bay of Tangolunda.The cheefcook
prepared exellent meat and you have a wunderfull view over the bay eating it. Last but not least we enjoyed the Sky View Bar under a illuminated tree with the very nice bartender Gustavo.

Room Tip: As my opinian all rooms are great with spectacular view
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends