“love this place!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Huatulco
Mision de los Arcos
Ranked #1 of 47 Hotels in Huatulco
Huatulco, Mexico
“love this place!”
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I just returned from my third visit to Huatulco and again I stayed at Mision de los Arcos while there. What a pleasure it is to stay at this hotel. I'm always pampered and treated like family. The owners,Sherry and Sam, are exemplary host. They both speak english...thank goodness! My spanish is quite limited and one of them was always around to help with any request I had. They even called a taxi for me on several occasions and told the driver where I wanted to go and when I would like to returned. Everytime I visit here I really do feel welcomed and safe...important for a single woman traveling alone
My room was as clean and beautiful as the last time ( I requested the same room) with wonderful AC and a flat-screen TV with english speaking channels. Fresh flowers each day and plenty of hot water in the roomy showers. I appreciated how clean everything was. This is not always the case at other places I have stayed.
The pillowtop mattresses on the beds are so incredibly comfortable that you hate to get out of bed in the mornings...except for the fact that you remember how delicious the mouth-watering stuffed french toast in their restaurant taste! And then you have a cup or two of the locally grown coffee! Wow, what a delightful start to one's day.
The name of their restaurant is Terra-Cotta and the food is amazing! Actually I found every dish I had at Terra-Cotta to be delicious and I sampled them all! My favorite was the fish with this savory green sauce (forgot the name of it). I was never disappointed with any of my choices, all were good.
I can't say enough complimentary things about their restaurant and their staff who were so very helpful in serving me and understanding in dealing with my lack of spanish. They deliver first-class service in every respect...both in the hotel and the restaurant.
I can honestly, without any reservations, affirm that all the great things other reviewers say about this hotel are TRUE!
I should also mention the yoga studio...it's terrific! Sherry is a wonderful instructor with morning and evening classes.
I don't know how this young couple managed it but they have created a first-class (and,in my opinion, five-star) hotel and restaurant at a budget price.
They truly deserve the number one rating that tripadvisor awarded them.
I would absolutely recommend this hotel. It is a wonderful place to stay while you enjoy all that huatulco and La Crucecita have to offer for your pleasure.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Edmonton, AB
Reviewed 20 February 2012

After reviewing several hotels in the area and receiving personal recommendations from friends, we decided to book this hotel for one week, Feb 7 - 14, 2012, and very glad we did. The hotel is very clean and well kept. The staff is friendly and the owners, Sherry and Sam, are fantastic! When we were looking to book excursions or services and approached the front desk to ask for some recommendations, Sherry asked us what we were looking for or wanted to do, then immediately made calls to help us book. We were never disappointed. We even had her book a therapeutic massage for my husband and I, which turned out to be amazing!

The only thing that was missing was an onsite pool that is planned for construction in the near future. The hotel offers discounts for the beach club which is also fantastic. At a discounted price of 15 pesos per person, you can't go wrong. If you don't want to pay the admission price, there is a public beach club right next door that is free to enter. It is either a 15 - 20 minute walk, which we did, or a 37 peso cab ride from the hotel.

Overall, I would not hesitate to book this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Joanne M
Denver, CO USA
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We just returned from a 2 week stay at this beautiful hotel. I can’t say enough complimentary things about the room itself, the staff, the location and the restaurant. This was our fourth visit to Huatulco and we have stayed at a different place every visit. We won’t have to search for another place to stay next year. We found our perfect place!

Our room was beautifully decorated, clean and comfortable. Oh..to find a comfortable bed in Mexico was a definite plus. Flat panel TV (with satelite and many english channels), large closet and storage for other clothes. This room not only met but exceeded our expectations. I have seen this hotel described as a “budget hotel”. The only thing budget about Mision de los Arcos is the price.

Upon our arrival Sherry appeared to waiting to meet us. We talked for a few minutes and then were led to our room by Magdaleno. There was a huge vase of fresh lilies, the air conditioning was on and Magdaleno showed us how everything worked and where things were located. We felt welcome from the minute we arrived until our departure.

The location is perfect for what we were looking for. We love to walk around the square and experience the local lifestyle, as well as, eat at our favorite places and shop within walking distance of where we stay.

Did I miss a pool? I have to admit that a couple of days I did. We were tired after a day out and about and would have loved to just lounge around the hotel. But, I do have to say that a number of beaches and the beach clubs at Chahue (I don’t think I spelled that correctly) are a short taxi ride away and we enjoyed them both.

The owners of this hotel (Sherry and Sam) are personable, welcoming hosts who are continuously making improvements to this property. Thanks to the two of them for a memorable trip to Huatulco. We are looking forward to our next visit to Huatulco and our next stay at Mision de los Arcos.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2012

In late October, my partner and I spent a couple of days in Huatulco to do some fishing, as a side trip to our stay in Oaxaca. Mision de los Arcos is a delightful place to stay, everything having been designed with care and a touch of class that is not reflected in the price. The rooms are elegant and the restaurant serves up meals that are fresh and full of flavour - including a fine job cooking up the fish we caught for our dinner.

Huatulco is a relaxing place to explore and was a great contrast to the buzz of Oaxaca.

It's a pity that Sam and Sherry couldn't do something about the Jehovah's Witnesses who accost everyone in the Zócalo, but I suppose there are limits even to their manifold powers ;-)

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David M
Belleville, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 16 February 2012

We have stayed at the Mision many times and Sam and Sherry are great hosts. We see the same staff year after year to the point where we have become friends to many of them. We have had the same maid and now twice we have traveled to her home in the mountain village of Benito Juarez for lunch. What an experience! And our room is always clean, comfortable and inviting. Like being at home.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family