“Very nice resort with marvelous beach and pool.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Emporio Acapulco Hotel

Emporio Acapulco Hotel
Ranked #9 of 179 Hotels in Acapulco
Moscow,Russia
“Very nice resort with marvelous beach and pool.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

My girlfriend and i spent 1 week of our romantic vacation here. We chose this spot based on many positive reviews and we were not disappointed. From our point it has very nice location, a plenty of cafes and bars around, bus stop across the road, banks and supermarkets everything you want. 5* view from balcony, we met sunsets drinking home made pina colada (see the pics below), our room has a kitchen. There are 2 swimming pools there, 1 for adults only has very very sweet chalets where you can escape from extrimly hot Acapulcan sun. On fridays and saturdays there are a lot of locals who occupped pool side area. Be ready to spent a time to search for a available sunbed. Our room has only single bed, i think its mexican style of king size bed ;) But thats ok it works for us. Have a nice stay and enjoy Acapulco! Check the pics below.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Polish first
Mexico City
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

First the rooms are fantastic and the views excellent (although a room costing 1800 pesos, or 90 quid a night, this was expected). The location is on the main strip near the main drinking areas, this is good as a few drinks are needed after suffering frustrating lines and a pool area that might as well not be there unless you reserve a sunbed at dawn.

The long line ups that really grate were at breakfast (20 minutes) and check out (45 minutes). The facilities simply cant handle the number of guests.

However, the worst aspect of this hotel is the pool area. ALL sunbeds are reserved well before 8am by people who are not using them. I went for a swim in a near deserted pool in the adult section but had no sun bed (well under 10% were being used but the rest had towels/books blocking them.) Staff are unwilling to do anything about this other than suggesting lying on the grass in the hot sun. Its good the rooms really are excellent as spending time on the balcony will be part of you time in this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

I didn't make a reservation prior to arriving because I wasn't sure I would make it to Acapulco on bus from Cuernavaca, Morelos. Since arriving in the facility around 2pm I was greeted by the friendly bell boys, and they took care of all my bags and directed me to the line. After letting them know I didn't have a reservation they talked to their boss and allowed me into their back offices to make one and avoid the long line. Once I got my room the door boys took all our luggage to the room while me and my companions toured the hotel and the facilities. The swimming pools were clean and looked fabulous, the beach front was roped off and felt very private even with security watching over it to keep vendors out. Once I got to the room the first thing I did was check the view from the balcony. I stayed in the 3rd floor and I was disappointed when I learned I couldn't get a higher view but once I witnessed the view from my balcony it was perfect. Overlooking the resort pools and the mesmerizing ocean. The hotel room was clean and average to me, but in very high standards compared to other Mexican Hotels I have stayed in. The hotel is perfectly located in the Costera close to restaurants, stores, etc. very easy for some beer runs. Overall I was very pleased with the hotel, and my trip except that it was hot Vegas hot, and the AC decided not to work. I woke up to a soaked body in the middle of the night, I didn't want to bother the desk so I just opened the balcony and enjoyed the sounds of the wave and it's warm breeze cool me off. Also the WIFI is free but its slower than dial up! I would rather pay but have decent internet speed.The next day when we checked out the AC turned on by itself, scumbag AC.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank giogiosd
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

We had a lovely, and inexpensive, stay at this Acapulco beach hotel. The Acapulco location was a bit disappointing, with a dangerous ocean riptide, and the poor and crime-ridden area surrounding the hotel.

We ended up staying most of the time inside the hotel resort and were very happy for it. The adult pool is fantastic and the wrap-around family pool is a lot of fun too, with a very fun slide!

The biggest downside of the hotel is how they manage the poolside loungechairs and loungebeds. For the duration of our stay, I would wake up at 5 am in the morning to "reserve" our loungebed for the day. By 6 am, every loungechair and loungebed was taken around both pools. However, many of these chairs remained unoccupied or untouched until 11 am, and sometimes for the entire day. It seems that the hotel guests, often travelling in large families, would "reserve" large groups of chairs for their whole family, yet the security guards would not enforce the policy of "no use, no reserve".

Overall it was a very frustrating experience that I circumvented by waking up at 5 am and "reserving" our loungebed (which was incredibly comfortable, perfectly situated, and definitely the highlight of our trip).

While comfortably seated in our loungebed, we witnessed many fights, disagreements between "reservers" and "squatters", with the occasional security guard getting involved. It was heavy drama, and quite disagreeable.

The hotel should enforce a policy, either by reservation or by paying (we would have paid up to $50 per day to have this luxury), or at the very least assigning beds/chairs on an hourly basis only.

I would not return here because I did not enjoy the destination. There are much more beautiful oceanfront resort cities in Mexico. While Acapulco is convenient for Mexico City residents, it is not a worldclass international destination.

While we had a lovely trip, I was happy to come home and have a full nights sleep.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the further away you are from the street noise. Floors 12, 13 and 14 are great...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Bunnyloper
Woking, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

We spent four days at the Emporio Acapulco, and it was a fabulous, reasonably-priced getaway. The pools are well looked after and the beach facilities are great for spending the day lazing, reading a book or just snoozing. There are facilities for jet-skiing and para-sailing immediately in front of the hotel beach entrance and the prices for these activities are reasonable. There is a shopping mall across the main road and more than a few local restaurants and bars/clubs within walking distance. The rooms are well-sized and well-kept, although the air-conditioning could be a little more powerful, and the bathroom, while clean and well-kept, could be a little more modern. However, these are minor issues that did not detract at all from a wonderful introduction to Acapulco and Mexican beach holidays.

Room Tip: All rooms are beach-facing
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple