All reviews great hotel ocean view the penthouse beach vendors mexico city balcony nightlife fixtures waves bellman disco surf
Reviewed 3 March 2018

It's beautifully located to stroll to shops and restaurants. It's a perfect hotel for couples . I like the restaurant that's by the beach . I love the sound of Acapucos surf . Beach vendors sell their crafts which is a fun diversions if your on the beach .itvcan also,be irritating if your trying to sunbathe . The pool is quieter ad no vendors are allowed . Elcano is located not to far from Acapulcos nightlife . I suggest taking a taxi from your hotel . It will cost a little more , but it's safer these days . The USA State Department has Acapulco on their suggested NO GO list . Personally I will go because I know Acapulco well after going for decades. I would not go downtown these days But I'd enjoy Acapulco in the safer areas . Never go at Easter it's a mad house with Mexicans going for vacations . Most of my Mexican friends in Mexico City still go to enjoy the beach . It's a 5 hour bus ride to Mexico City . It's a 5 -6 hour bus ride . It's beautiful at the Elcano you will be very happy .

Stayed: April 2017
3  Thank elizabethdonovan
Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

We visited Elcano Hotel as part of a course. The hotel is lovely, clean, in a spectacular location. Walking distance to lots of good restaurants and stores. We found the staff helpful and friendly. The food was great, and the service was excellent. Will definitely come back!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 July 2017

My family and I stayed for three nights and we had the best time ever, my cousin loved the pool and the beach, waves were little dangerous due to the storm around. We liked the beds and room , very comfortable, great view to the beach and surroundings. Food was good, expensive as all other Hotel restaurants, If i go back to Acapulco I will certainly stay again.”

Room Tip: All rooms have ocean view
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank williamgcr
Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

the hotel is in a beautiful location with amazing views of the Bay but it's starting to show its age in important features... the rooms need remodeling, considering electronic needs, not enough outlets... the bathroom are very dated, fixtures are old and ineffective... no pressure at all in the shower, and everything us extremely cramped... Food at the bar and buffet breakfast are excellent and the service of the staff in general is exceptional, pleasant and efficient. I would not really return until it's modernized

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank Sarita K
Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

I've stayed at many different types of beach hotels, from barebones to luxe. This one is a great middle of the road option. It is easy on the wallet, by US standards, and very nice quality. The rooms are huge and I believe every single one faces the beach, with lovely terraces to sit on and listen to the waves. The bathroom was ample, as was the sitting area. The bed, quite comfortable. Food at the restaurant was delicious and reasonably priced. The only slight knock I have is that the drinks at the bar are overpriced and not very good. That being said, you can easily walk down the block and find any number of great options for a cheaper, better drink. All in all I would absolutely make this my go-to hotel for jaunts to Acapulco.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo