All reviews el cano hotel is lovely clean rooms beach vendors mexico city ocean nightlife jacuzzi media surf
Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

We visited Elcano Hotel as part of a course. The hotel is lovely, clean, in a spectacular location. Walking distance to lots of good restaurants and stores. We found the staff helpful and friendly. The food was great, and the service was excellent. Will definitely come back!

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 3 July 2017

My family and I stayed for three nights and we had the best time ever, my cousin loved the pool and the beach, waves were little dangerous due to the storm around. We liked the beds and room , very comfortable, great view to the beach and surroundings. Food was good, expensive as all other Hotel restaurants, If i go back to Acapulco I will certainly stay again.”

Room tip: All rooms have ocean view
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank williamgcr
Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

the hotel is in a beautiful location with amazing views of the Bay but it's starting to show its age in important features... the rooms need remodeling, considering electronic needs, not enough outlets... the bathroom are very dated, fixtures are old and ineffective... no pressure at all in the shower, and everything us extremely cramped... Food at the bar and buffet breakfast are excellent and the service of the staff in general is exceptional, pleasant and efficient. I would not really return until it's modernized

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank 937saritak
Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

I've stayed at many different types of beach hotels, from barebones to luxe. This one is a great middle of the road option. It is easy on the wallet, by US standards, and very nice quality. The rooms are huge and I believe every single one faces the beach, with lovely terraces to sit on and listen to the waves. The bathroom was ample, as was the sitting area. The bed, quite comfortable. Food at the restaurant was delicious and reasonably priced. The only slight knock I have is that the drinks at the bar are overpriced and not very good. That being said, you can easily walk down the block and find any number of great options for a cheaper, better drink. All in all I would absolutely make this my go-to hotel for jaunts to Acapulco.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank mtvernonlady
Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

Hasn't changed since 1976 except disco is gone and more modern TVs. Awesome service - ask for Fermin at the bar and bellman Fernando - dinning room manager is amazing! Rooms large and clean and lovely - everyone an ocean view. Almost all with balcony. Check out the Penthouse suites.
Very good location and quiet at night. Open the door for a lovely breeze and sound of surf when you sleep. Ocean breeze cools like AC. Stayed 5 years in a row on all inclusive from Toronto. Excellent!!

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Leslie M