2,270 results
All reviews sunset bar bella vista beach club private pool bellavista restaurant room service every morning pink jeep hibiscus flowers fresh water pool private casita our honeymoon salt water mini bar regular pool romantic dinner master suite
Reviewed 19 June 2012

My fiancee and I stayed here June 14-18th. Overall our stay was very pleasant. The privacy of our room 442 was excellent considering we did not upgrade to the suties on the 5th level. The magic box as mentioned is a fabulous concept but there could have been more variety in the breakfast snacks. We had the same muffin/pastry/fruit combination every day. The staff were all very friendly and the rooms were clean and well maintained. The only negatives I can mention are 1) you have to use the hotel jeep transportation to get most anywhere on the resort (forutnately they were very quick to respond), 2) you need taxis to travel anywhere off the resort which can be pricey.
We used 2 taxi/tour drivers on our stay. The second one named Cesar (nickname Pollo/Chicken) was very reasonable and his english is excellent. He was also quite helpful in suggesting local food options that were safe and an excellent value. And he quotes prices in pesos which I feel is a better value for tourists overall. I would recommend this hotel to other travelers!

Room Tip: 4th or 5th level for privacy...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TaraJeanCastleberry
Management response:Responded 22 June 2012

Dear Guest:

We are happy to read that you enjoyed your trip and we are all delighted to know that you enjoyed your casita.

Thank you again for your nice comments and we look forward to have the pleasure of hosting you again in the near-future.

Reviewed 13 June 2012

I have recently returned from an amazing experience at Las Brisas hotel in Acapulco. My boyfriend and I traveled there and stayed for 4 nights. Given all I had heard about the safety issues in Acapulco I was concerned about our safety prior to going and considered canceling our trip. I am so glad we didn’t cancel. The room and the hotel was better than any pictures on their website.
We were met at the airport immediately, despite the delayed arrival. Our driver gave us bottles of water still cold from the cooler. When we got to the hotel Eduardo (the concierge) met us with welcome cocktails and drove with us up to our room, telling us about the hotel along the way. The first thing I noticed was a sign outside our casita that said “Casa and my last name”. As soon as I walked in the door I was amazed by the view. Eduardo showed us around our room and filled us in on all that was included in our package deal. He took our preferences for the breakfast we got served and our nightly wine preference.
While the private pool we had was not huge, it was the perfect size for the two of use to cool off and enjoy the amazing view of Acapulco bay that we had. Much to the delight of my boyfriend we were able to get NBC sports on tv and watch the Stanley Cup playoffs. The Jacuzzi was also a delight. We were very lucky and had a level 5 casita which was entirely private. We were also lucky enough to be there in the offseason where we had a lot of time and space to ourselves during the week.
The staff was extremely friendly and patient with my poor Spanish skills. Everyone there was accommodating and willing to do whatever necessary to make the trip a great one. Most of the time when I called the Brias Express number I was greeted by my name, which was a nice touch.
There is transportation up and down the hills that make up the hotel. My boyfriend and I usually chose to walk down the hills on our own and get transportation back up (steep hills). We didn’t find that the jeeps were too loud by any means. Once inside the room with the AC on any noise from outside was drown out. The food was good and while a touch more pricey then I would pay at home, the prices were not astronomical and quite resonable.
I cannot recommend the hotel enough. The staff was top notch and always friendly and saying hello. By the end of the week, many staff members knew us by last name and would greet us as such. The views of Acapulco bay were amazing from any point in the hotel. While I have read some negative views about the hotel in the past it looks like they have renovated recently and possibly even turned over their staff. I do not agree with any of the negative feedback that has been given. The only comment I could make would be slightly warmer water for the shower but beyond that it was a paradise
Given that safety was my concern, I was glad that the hotel was not downtown and was actually seperated from down town. I felt safe and anything I wanted to do outside of the hotel, the staff made sure I was informed and able to see what I wanted to safetly.

I cant wait to go back!

Room Tip: Go during the week/off season for less people around. Spend the extra money and get a level 5 private casita with a private pool...it is worth it.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lovinparadise314
TULIP50, Guest Services at Las Brisas Acapulco, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2012

Greetings from beautiful Acapulco:

Just a short note to thank you very much for your wonderful review sent to Trip Advisor. We are all happy to read your comments, since they show us we are on the right direction in guest satisfaction.

Rest assured we will share your kind comments with the people you mentioned and we are sure this will motivate them to keep on doing an excellent job to exceed your expectations and create unique experiences.

Thank you again for sharing your trip with others who may be considering a stay with us. Looking forward to have the pleasure of hosting you again and again,
receive warm regards from pink and white paradise.

Guest Services.

Reviewed 4 June 2012

Being a professional hotelier, it's near impossible to stay at a hotel and not find myself critiquing the entire time. Well, the week-long honeymoon my new wife and I just had at Las Brisas left me completely at ease. The hotel provided an awesomely unique getaway experience.

We were able to let our guard down and have our first truly relaxing vacation.
From our first day's ride up the steep palm-lined hillsides in their signature jeeps to the perfect last night dinner at Bella Vista accompanied by the sunset, each day erased over a year's worth of work and stress.

Do yourself a favor and spend the extra money to stay in the private casitas - you won't think twice about the price difference once you see it for yourself. Indulge in everything the hotel has to offer...the concierge (Eduardo), the private beach club, Sunset Bar (bartender Leonardo), massage service which comes to your casita, the surprisingly delicious Bella Vista restaurant and even their deli which has one of the best sandwiches I've ever had (a big deal coming from a Philadelphia native).

We will absolutely return to Acapulco, namely just to stay at Las Brisas again.

Room Tip: Bay view, private casitas a must
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mark G
TULIP50, Guest Services at Las Brisas Acapulco, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2012

Greetings from beautiful Acapulco:

Looking forward to have the pleasure of hosting you again and again,receive warm regards from pink and white paradise.

Reviewed 28 May 2012

INTRODUCTION: This review is based on a 6-night stay from 19 May – 25 May 2012. We booked a master suite on the 5th level (the casitas are on 5 levels; 5 being the highest and most private) directly from the hotel’s website for US$325/night and, as explained below, were given a complimentary upgrade to a master suite with jacuzzi on the 5th level with a much better view (a phenomenal view, actually) after the first night.

ARRIVING: Other reviews recommended Angel Flores (angel_enacapulco@yahoo.com.mx) as a driver, so we arranged to be picked up at the airport by him. He has a Blackberry and responds to emails quickly. He speaks English fluently and is a very nice, knowledgeable man. He gave us a city tour, brought us to see the cliff divers at La Quebrada, and brought us back to the airport. I, like several other reviewers, highly recommend using him.

On the way to Las Brisas, Angel stopped at a supermarket where we stocked up on water, beer, fruit and other snacks for our 6 day stay. Upon arrival at Las Brisas, our luggage and groceries were loaded into a jeep and we were accompanied to our casita (#515) by Eduardo Garcia, the Concierge, who’s simply a terrific guy and a great asset to the hotel (more on Eduardo later).

OUR FIRST NIGHT IN CASITA 515: Casita 515 has a private pool and a view of the Pacific Ocean. The a/c worked very well, and Eduardo arranged for an Igloo cooler to be brought to the casita for our beer, soda, water, and it was drained and iced down every day for 6 days (we only had to ask once). When we arrived to the casita, Eduardo took our preferences for what we wanted for breakfast every morning, what type of wine we wanted with our evening canapés, and what time we wanted maid/pool service and evening turndown service. After giving this information once, everything was done on schedule every day as we requested. The casitas have modern sunken showers with stone walls and glass ceilings, a separate closed-off commode, and cool, modern faucets. Water pressure was great from the waterfall showerhead. Cable TVs had approx. 40 channels, many in English, and DVD players. The ceiling fans and air conditioning worked great and cooled the room down nicely. The bed is a comfortable king-sized pillowtop.

Outside, in addition to the pool and mini-bar, is a beautiful pink daybed with large pink and white pillows for lounging in the shade during the day. A table with 2 cushioned rattan chairs are provided. Next to the pool are two adjustable rattan chaise lounge chairs for sunning.

THE POOL: Each casita has an L-shaped pool which is approx. 1.65 meters deep, a nice size for full submersion and swimming. Depending on where your casita is, you will have full sunshine on the pool all day or, at least, a little shady area. Each day during the maid’s visit the pool guys arrive and clean the pool, add chlorine if necessary, and throw in flowers, which are grown and used throughout the hotel.

MAID SERVICE: Our maid was Gabriela, who is the world’s best maid. In addition to impeccable cleaning, she would make ornate sculptures on our bed each day using towels and flower petals. Each day her creations were more elaborate, as you’ll see in my photos. She also left us lots of bath and pool towels. They don’t skimp on towels here.

EDUARDO: Eduardo the concierge took really good care of us—above and beyond really (he called and ordered us a pizza from outside one night). On our first night we called him to say that our casita had a very weak WIFI signal and slow internet. He responded by immediately sending two guys over to install a router in our casita so we ended up with rocking-fast WIFI for the entire trip.

The next evening (Sunday) Eduardo came by and said “to make up for the internet problem I would like to move you to a nicer casita for the same price for the rest of our trip.” So I said, “well we have rocking-fast internet now and honestly we don’t feel like packing again.” So he responds with a confident look and “well it’s right across the street; I think you’re going to want to pack and move when you see it.” So my partner and I followed Eduardo literally right across the roadway to Casita 522 and, as soon as he opened the front door our jaws dropped and we ran back to pack to move to casita 522. A gentleman was there within 5 minutes to help us pack and move, so the whole operation took 30 minutes. We brought the WIFI router with us!

NIGHTS 2 THROUGH 6: CASITA 522: Our excitement was caused by the view from this place: the full view of Acapulco Bay right in front of you and the Pacific Ocean to the left. After our 6 days at Las Brisas (and seeing quite a few casitas), there is no better view (next door—523—has a similar view and so do 508 and 509). Acapulco Bay and the city at night is BREATHTAKING. We would sit in our lounge chairs for hours at a time (one night until 3am) just staring at the city in amazement at its beauty. So if you’re pondering over whether to get a Pacific view or a city/bay view, go for the city/bay view.

Our new casita also had a Jacuzzi in addition to the pool from which you could also admire the view and a private yard with grass, plants and flowers. It was also almost visually impenetrable from other casitas – what I mean here is it was so high up no other casitas could see down into it and, because of the rock walls on each side of the yard, your neighbors couldn’t see into your yard either. This is a benefit of having a level-5 casita. Another difference between our first casita and 522 is the glass wall in the bedroom is a sliding glass door, which also affords stunning city/bay views while laying in bed (see our photos).

BREAKFAST/ROOM SERVICE/EVENING CANAPES: Breakfast is delivered to your magic box each morning between 7-8. It consisted for us (at our request) of a thermos of coffee, toast, and freshly sliced watermelon, pineapple, mango, and cantaloupe, and butter and jelly. Each evening around 5 pm we received an entire bottle of red wine and a pretty plate of canapés (usually dried fruits, pepperoni or jamon Serrano, and cheese --it was different each day and the presentation was lovely).

LA CONCHA BEACH CLUB: You simply call “0” and tell them you want to go to La Concha and a jeep shows up within 5 minutes to bring you to a van that leaves the lobby every 20 mins. For the 10-minute drive down to Las Brisas’ private beach club, “La Concha.” Upon arrival you will be given large beach towels and a terrycloth pillow. You can lay out at the pool with swim-up bar or at the saltwater pool, which is connected to the bay. The salt pool is considerably cooler and more refreshing than the large swimming pool. The chaise lounge chairs at the salt pool are under both umbrellas or little tents. There is a full bar and food which will be delivered right to your lounge chair and you can charge everything to the room. The beach club also has a beautiful restaurant where we had lunch one day. We were the only ones there and the service was impeccable, as was the food.

While it’s not necessary to leave this place, I recommend seeing the cliff divers at La Quebrada (about 30 min. away) ‘/:and the Capilla de la Paz just up the hill from Las Brisas. A walk along the Costera in downtown Acapulco is also fun (and safe) at night. The hotel has sitio cabs available at a flat rate (150 Pesos to most places on the Costera) and, while in town, you can negotiate a ride back with a blue and white VW taxi (approx. 80 Pesos during the week).
In sum, we will be returning to Las Brisas. They have a perfectly trained staff and a gorgeous property and the best views in Acapulco, hands down. Eduardo already promised us we can book casita 522 again and we look forward to seeing him and our driver, Angel, again.

Room Tip: Spring for a casita on level 5 (for total privacy and quiet)
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
13  Thank ChristopherPrusaski
TULIP50, Guest Services at Las Brisas Acapulco, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2012

Dear Guest:

This is Just a short note to thank you very much for sending your comments to Trip Advisor.

We were happy to read that you enjoyed your trip to this Pink and White Paradise, "your-home-away-from-home", Las Brisas Acapulco and we were all delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us specially your casita with its private pool .

Thank you again for your nice comments and we will be looking forward to the pleasure of hosting you again in a not too distance future.

Warmest regards from sunny Las Brisas Acapulco

Reviewed 21 May 2012

Amazing views from our casita made this a trip we will never forget. With private pool, breakfast delivered to your own little private box every morning, and generous staff what more could we ask for. But more they delivered!

The hotel was conveniently located in Acapulco allowing us to visit downtown and other areas within a short drive. The private beach club had a great pool and 2 saltwater pools for our enjoyment. They had little shops onsite and a great restaurant for dinner.

I would defintely come here again and again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vrbraun
TULIP50, Guest Services at Las Brisas Acapulco, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

Greetings from beautiful Acapulco:

Just a short note to thank you very much for your wonderful review sent to Trip
Advisor. We are all happy to read your comments, since they show us we are
on the right direction in guest satisfaction.

Thank you again for sharing your trip with others who may be considering a stay
with us. Looking forward to have the pleasure of hosting you again and again,
receive warm regards from pink and white paradise.