“Nice Environment, good food”
Review of El Tapanco

El Tapanco
Ranked #8 of 219 Restaurants in Saltillo
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 May 2018

We were a party of two on business. We asked for the mixed botana and a salad and they were really good, very well seasoned, for dessert we had a homemade flan which was superb. Service was very good. The only drawback is that our mixed botana plate was supposed to include dry meat (typical from the area) and it came with shrimps! and the waiter did not advise about this change. Nevertheless we decided to give it a try and they were delicious. I would only recommend them to let the client know about these situations upfront. The terrace was very quiet and nice.

Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

It is a very nice place to have some drinks and some entries at their nice patio. Typical food is good, how ever cost is a bit high compared to other options.

It is worth the visit, have been several times and they are very consistent on quality and service.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Read the reviews on Trip Advisor and thought we would try it. It was quite a distance from,our hotel. Upon entering it is a massive restaurant. Ordinarily if we walked into a restaurant and nobody was there we would immediately walk out. We checked the menu and decided especially after the long drive we would try it. I ordered creamed corn soup for my appetizer while my husband order the fried parsley. My soup was fantastic but his parsley was very bland and enough to serve a small army. I ordered a creamy pasta with truffle oil while my husband ordered chicken cordon blue. My pasta was very creamy but a touch over cooked. My husband said his was very good. There were lovely wrought iron stands on each table that should have had a candle for a bit of ambience. No room for dessert. Our server was the only one who could speak a bit of English but very limited.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Great location, sitting under sun screens in an inner courtyard with the sound of trickling water to soothe the atmosphere and almost no sound if the hustle and bustle of the city to be heard. Interesting decor and articles on display.

Great menu, well presented food and very very tasty.

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

Nice old century old house.
Terrible service, there is nobody at the place at noon time for lunch. Just 2 customers. This indicates that you are in the wrong place.
The food is ok but they are out of half of your choices in the menu. The silverware and plates are really old, need new ones.
You have to stand up and go look for the waiter.
Not good, very nice old house.